The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I get a sneaky suspicion based on what little I actually know of that anime, I haven't actually seen it, but I am absolutely certain that the live action movie will have little at all in common with the source material.
lol. “Hollywood live action Made in Abyss” is not something I ever imagined I would be typing as anything other than a joke (a tenner says it never even makes it as far as shooting). Who honestly thought this would be a good idea?

Hilarious a concept as it is, I have to be slightly concerned for the mainstream attention this will no doubt bring to the source material and the inevitable resulting moral hysteria.

lol. “Hollywood live action Made in Abyss” is not something I ever imagined I would be typing as anything other than a joke (a tenner says it never even makes it as far as shooting). Who honestly thought this would be a good idea?

Hilarious a concept as it is, I have to be slightly concerned for the mainstream attention this will no doubt bring to the source material and the inevitable resulting moral hysteria.
It's pretty much a given that all of the characters will be made much older, at least 18+ and likely played by actual adults.

It's pretty much a given that all of the characters will be made much older, at least 18+ and likely played by actual adults.
Yeah, and in doing so it’s going to have to make the characters totally different and will therefore be a terrible adaptation, I’m completely resigned to that (I mean it’s a Hollywood anime/manga “adaptation” so being terrible is all but guaranteed). But even then, much as I’d like to be proven wrong here, I can’t see the decision to adapt what is already viewed in certain quarters as awful pedo child-brutalisation content going unnoticed by the social media mob or the alarmist clickbait article industry. Fun times ahead.

Take this with a healthy dose of 'I've never heard of this, is it legal'.
So I was finally playing around with the preinstalled apps on my smart TV and found one called 'Plex'.
Some may have heard of it but I hadn't. Basically it's an app where you create an account and it let's you upload your physical media online as a online backup.
BUT it also has a streaming section, this is where I get to the point, while searching through I found a few anime I haven't seen streaming anywhere else including:

Bubblegum Crash
Bubblegum Crisis
AD Police
Vampire Princess Miyu

And a few others that look like very old anime I've never heard of and may or may not actually be anime 🤷‍♂️
For anyone interested I'll leave a link to the site (mods if it IS illegal please delete. I don't think it is as it came preinstalled on my TV and they claim to be partnered with Warner, MGM and others but who knows!)

Mappa aren't disappointing with this one! Looks fantastic.

No joke there, are they even human? MAPPA might be planning an Anime invasion with how many series they've been pumping out nonstop 🤔

TV Anime "takt op.Destiny" teaser PV

TV ‌‌‌‌‌‌Anime "Chainsaw Man" teaser PV

TV animation "The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace" 3rd animation PV

Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2 Key Visual

Last edited:
Back