The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

More details have come out about the first of the Yen Press audiobooks.

Solo Leveling Vol. 1 is an eight-hour long unabridged reading. As the novel is Korean, it is being read by Korean-American actor Ki Hong Lee, most famous as Minho from The Maze Runner films. It will come out on 13th July.

If their following books have a similar pattern, it looks like the Japanese novels will get Japanese readers.

I'll be very curious if that is the case. I do wonder if that will be the case for the Overlord audiobook.

I say this as Christopher Guerrero, who is the English VA for Ainz Ooal Gown, has tweeted multiple times recently about doing long form narration and has no other credits for audiobooks (for now).

We'll see.

I picked up the JP Blu-ray release of Angel's Egg, it's Japanese only, but from what I understand, there's only a few lines of dialog in this, so I just need a short script, lol...

angelseggjp.jpg

It's only bad news in so far as Wotakoi is utterly adorable and it's going to be hard to say goodbye to it, but I agree I'd rather things end rather than drag out forever.

No, I meant the idea of seeing Hololive on the front of the Sun lmao, I'm not into VTubers myself but I'm also not against them or anything haha.
Oh my bad 😂 I'm not to into the hololive scene myself. Still, it'd be quite a sight if that actually occurred 😃

I just fail to see how this counts as anime news lol. Maybe more appropriate for gaming news?
To be honest, I have no idea where VTuber news would go ¯\(ツ)/¯ Considering how complex a YouTubers core theme can be especially with this kind of group. I'm bouncing between Anime/Game theme.

Would be ideal if there was a dedicated YouTube News thread but don't see how useful that'd be 😐

Last edited:
Back