The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I'm not sure I can add much to following news story without flipping between laughter and genuine astonishment, but I'll try:

AniplexUSA to rerelease Gurren Lagann in America.

Blu-ray will be an import of the Japanese set so $669.98 as per usual. The kicker is that the DVD will be $174.98! :roll: I mean it's bad enough that AniplexUSA has decided that DVD= "Standard Mainstream Release" and Blu-ray = "Super special rare ultra limited collectors premium release" (I mean I understand their reasoning for that distinction, but as someone who thinks Blu-ray should be the mainstream standard, I disagree with it thoroughly). But that DVD price is absolutely INSANE! The sad thing is, I'm sure this release will sell out :p

Oh they've got Valvrave as well for Crunchyroll, which is streaming to the UK too, hooray!

Some new US release dates:

AniplexUSA
Gurren Lagann (DVD) - 14th May ($174.98 RRP!!)
Gurren Lagann (BD Import) - 26th June ($669.98 RRP)

Viz Media:
Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne (BD/DVD) - 11th June

Section 23:
Ruin Explorers (DVD) - July 2nd
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II (BD/DVD) - July 2nd
Black Magic M-66 (DVD) - July 9th
Queen's Blade Rebellion (BD/DVD) - July 9th
Special A (S.A) (DVD) - July 16th
Patlabor TV Series (BD/DVD) - July 16th
Phi-Brain ~ The Puzzle of God Season 2 (BD/DVD) - 23rd July
Another (BD/DVD) - July 30th

Personally, I'm looking at possibly getting Patlabor TV/Another/Lagrange.
I would love the TTGL BD box but bloody hell. The DVD box is also incredibly expensive considering the price of the Bandai set, and I don't see why anyone in their right mind would buy it. I like Aniplex for the most part but they really do price gouge with some of their products.

Mangaranga said:
Some new US release dates:

AniplexUSA
Gurren Lagann (DVD) - 14th May ($174.98 RRP!!)
Gurren Lagann (BD Import) - 26th June ($669.98 RRP)

Viz Media:
Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne (BD/DVD) - 11th June

Section 23:
Ruin Explorers (DVD) - July 2nd
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II (BD/DVD) - July 2nd
Black Magic M-66 (DVD) - July 9th
Queen's Blade Rebellion (BD/DVD) - July 9th
Special A (S.A) (DVD) - July 16th
Patlabor TV Series (BD/DVD) - July 16th
Phi-Brain ~ The Puzzle of God Season 2 (BD/DVD) - 23rd July
Another (BD/DVD) - July 30th

Personally, I'm looking at possibly getting Patlabor TV/Another/Lagrange.
I would love the TTGL BD box but bloody hell. The DVD box is also incredibly expensive considering the price of the Bandai set, and I don't see why anyone in their right mind would buy it. I like Aniplex for the most part but they really do price gouge with some of their products.

With that release date for Another, When do you think we'll be getting the UK version?

Dannielle said:
With that release date for Another, When do you think we'll be getting the UK version?
Looking at how MVM are getting Sentai releases out close to the US release dates, I'm going to guess August/September.

Its a great anime and could even be my favourite (which is not) but i would never spend so much money on one anime serie. Not anime or anything other entertainment stuff. Is just too much. It can be full of extras or whatever else but its just not worth it. The worst part of it all its not the price, its the people that go out and buy it just to have it because they "might be afraid" of never having the chance again to have it or just to say they've send that amount while the guy next door just cant afford it.

I rather not have whatever its priced that way and having to pay that kind of money. But hey, its called priorites and comon sense i guess.

Back