The MMORPG Thread

Jayme said:
Nemphtis said:
Anyway moving on swiftly, I just wanted to say that after taking a two month break from Final Fantasy XI it seems I'm completely addicted once again. There's something about FFXI which makes me prefer it over MMORPGs such as WoW. I think in WoW you can do too many things solo, nearly everything in fact. Final Fantasy XI forces you to rely on others and make friends in order to progress since practically everything requires you to join a party. Needless to say, if you're a regular asshole on FFXI you will have a very hard time finding a party that will want you amongst them in battle. WoW has far too many immature idiots because it's too popular, which is something Blizzard can't be blamed for as their game is very good but it's how things work.

Its how Fan boy/girlism works.

I'm struggling to understand the link between my post and your reply, can you elaborate more for me please?

He's saying people only play ff11 because it has ff in the name probably or something along those lines.

I brought ffxi twice(first time it expired).

It's a good game problem is it's hard to level so i get discouraged and i just gave up on it.
I only met 3 jerks a lot of gold farmers though but a lot of generally nice people well unless your in a bad party and you die and then everyone is pretty pissed.

I've noticed WoW and RF Online have the strongest number of anime fans i've seen in MMO's (naturally i've not played every one but out of UO, EQ 2 and SWG) but tbf as much as i like WoW over all other mmorpg's it's probually because it's such an easy game to play and get into.

I think i got to level 40 in WoW in the same time scale it took me to get to 18 in EQ 2 lol

X_nick_X said:
He's saying people only play ff11 because it has ff in the name probably or something along those lines.

I brought ffxi twice(first time it expired).

It's a good game problem is it's hard to level so i get discouraged and i just gave up on it.
I only met 3 jerks a lot of gold farmers though but a lot of generally nice people well unless your in a bad party and you die and then everyone is pretty pissed.

I doubt he's accusing me of being a fanboy, I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Anyway that's something I personally like FFXI and the main reason I play it. I know people who took two years to reach LV75 where as others took four weeks. The more friends you have on the game, the easier your life becomes. Half of the time I don't even need to bother finding a party since my linkshell will already be there, so I can join them.

My First MMORPG was Phantasy Star Online for the Gamecube only played until the month trial ran out.

Then I got WoW on day of release, I played that game for over 2 years in that time I was also a Guild Master, had full Netherwind and all sorts, most of all I was a Gnome Mage :lol:.

I can't find many screenshots I took.
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5196 ... 934ce1.jpg

Was around in Naxxramas when a patch was released to 41 talents points & I took advantage of the arcane tree.

I stopped playing 3 months ago, would like to play again if anyone is interested in starting again on any server :) .

Woop MMORPG fan right here :D

I've played a fair few only ever stuck to a small amount though! Ones I've played (from memory) are below with a mini review ^^

Runescape - Good for a short while... well good in the early days! Now you just get tons of hackers beggars, perverts and generally nasty people there. The skill system is excellent, its free to play and no need to download. However it IS free but you have to pay if you want extra features. And by extra feautures I mean quest updates and 75% of the game. For a free member nothing new ever gets done!
www.runescape.com for this one

Guild Wars - Free (apart from disk) Don't really know what to say about this one. Wasn't really my cup of tea. I found it laggy, repetetive and rather boring.

WoW [currently playing] - I really love this and it's not as bad as it sounds! After a while it starts to get boring but there are so many different character combinations and so many lovely people that you don't really get too bored. Plus the HUGE map is a bonus! The only bad thing is that I'm not really sure whether it is good value for money. Use your own judgement on that one.

FlyFF (Fly For Fun) - Fantastic game, however it does get a little boring and repetetive after a while. Great graphics and has a unique feel, Tales of Pirates looks very similar, I may start playing that soon too! Free to play and download but you can pay for extra items. This is made by GPotato and I suggest checking out their other MMOs too!
http://flyff.gpotato.com/ for this one

GunZ Online (also known as "GunZ - The Duel") - This isn't an RPG, it's an MMOFPS but still it's pretty fun, pretty engaging, incredibly competetive and has a reasonably nice feel. Last time I played it was free but I think now you have to pay for the extra special items or something. Be careful on this one because you really get into it and can quite easilly find yourself getting stressed out and screaming at the screen!
http://gunzonline.com/ for this one

I'll add more if I think of any, cheers for reading and I hope this has helped some of you out ^^

I'm playing feista at the moment it's an anime styled mmorpg for the creators of gunz is closed beta at the moment :lol:

Recently i started on Tales of Pirates, and its not to bad to be honest. Ok it could be better but still, for a free one its good. Its something to keep me busy for a while when i have nothing else really to do.

X_nick_X said:
I'm playing feista at the moment it's an anime styled mmorpg for the creators of gunz is closed beta at the moment :lol:
oo cool, how did you manage to get in on the closed beta?

JJ181 said:
X_nick_X said:
oo cool, how did you manage to get in on the closed beta?

Not sure really i spoke to guntrixs and dschang a few times maybe they rember me 8)

Rıght, anyways. I'm curıous to know ıf anyone here has subscrıbed to Lord of the Rıngs Onlıne yet and how you feel about the game so far? It's gettıng good revıews and the game doesn't seem that bad at all, the PvP system especıally caught my attentıon even though I've never been ınto PvP on MMORPGs. I'm curıous what others thınk about thıs game.

Nemphtis said:
Rıght, anyways. I'm curıous to know ıf anyone here has subscrıbed to Lord of the Rıngs Onlıne yet and how you feel about the game so far? It's gettıng good revıews and the game doesn't seem that bad at all, the PvP system especıally caught my attentıon even though I've never been ınto PvP on MMORPGs. I'm curıous what others thınk about thıs game.

Did you see the offer before it was released.

£100 for a lifetime subscription with plenty of extras, that would have been the only way i would of got the game.

But does seem to be quite flashy, i rathered the Beta name it had, "Middle Earth Online" sounds a bit more smarter, to be totally honest now, i am tired of the LotR's franchise, i have even seen the stage play. xD.

Back