The *Im looking for* thread.

Re: the looking for thread

I have picked up another copy from hmv Southampton.

from the box under the shelves, have 3 more copies £27.99 on the till.

I looked in the Forbidden Planet first to have a look...

... and I thought HMV was expensive for anime.

Kite said:

Forbidden planet are a ripoff in my opinion they charge £70 for the FMA: Brotherhood complete collection on DVD that you can pickup for about £20 online

Sora Takeuchi said:
Kite said:

Forbidden planet are a ripoff in my opinion they charge £70 for the FMA: Brotherhood complete collection on DVD that you can pickup for about £20 online

one thing jumped out was the bluray wolf children for _£35. £20 in HMV (and £23 from Amazon)

Kite said:
Sora Takeuchi said:
Kite said:

one thing jumped out was the bluray wolf children for _£35. £20 in HMV (and £23 from Amazon)
Why the hell is the hmv near you sooo expensive?

It's Southampton, they have to cover 'losses' caused by thieving people.

They weren't on the shelf, but I noticed a couple boxes underneath labelled "blu-ray anime", and they were in there with other copies of titles already on the shelf.

Kite said:

They weren't on the shelf, but I noticed a couple boxes underneath labelled "blu-ray anime", and they were in there with other copies of titles already on the shelf.

:x what a bunch a **** heads only because they can't afford them and we the consumers suffer for it.

I'm kinda sad to hear that, hmv doesn't seem to care, was there any other labelled boxes everywhere else or was that it.

st_owly said:
Forbidden Planet is ridiculously overpriced for anime. The one in Newcastle is usually at last 50% dearer than HMV.

Well every retailer has overpriced anime (unless they actually put them on sale).

I still remember looking at Kids on the Slope Blu-ray in HMV for £42.99, when it's twice as cheap on Amazon.

animefreak17 said:
Kite said:

:x what a bunch a **** heads only because they can't afford them and we the consumers suffer for it.

I'm kinda sad to hear that, hmv doesn't seem to care, was there any other labelled boxes everywhere else or was that it.

The other 2 volumes were £27.99 each, the 3rd volumes didn't have any price labels on. The 3rd volume in Basingstoke & Bath was £24.99. I did check to see if the discs were in place (as sometimes they remove the discs for the more costly titles to try and limit thieving idiots.

It was only a bright idea I thought to look underneath in the "overstock" boxes.

NormanicGrav said:
st_owly said:
Forbidden Planet is ridiculously overpriced for anime. The one in Newcastle is usually at last 50% dearer than HMV.

Well every retailer has overpriced anime (unless they actually put them on sale).

I still remember looking at Kids on the Slope Blu-ray in HMV for £42.99, when it's twice as cheap on Amazon.

I think I saw that in HMV for £50 or something silly.

HMV are beating Amazon with Wolf Children, which is surprising, and with the general lack of other major anime retailers I can see Amazon try and get away with being more costly in future.

I can probably help with Air Gear 10. Forbidden Planet here or in Glasgow most likely still has a copy kicking about. If I can find one, want me to get it for you?

st_owly said:
I can probably help with Air Gear 10. Forbidden Planet here or in Glasgow most likely still has a copy kicking about. If I can find one, want me to get it for you?
Yes i have checked my local forbidden and they only have vol 20+ also if they do have could you let me know the price of it first as i find forbidden planet to be a rip off, my local has FMA: Brotherhood priced at £70

Back