The great Best Girl debate

Since @Neil.T insisted, I have spent my evening finishing off a long-unfinished project. Some of these choices may get booted, depending on how their story ends, or if anyone comes along who I prefer. Some overlap in categorisation may be present, I don't care, it's my chart dammit.

chart_05_21_lo.jpg

How's everyone else's harems looking? Anyone changed their mind? In the interests of gender equality I'm tempted to make one with male characters I admire as well at some point.

I tried to limit myself to one character from a series, I’m totally cheating with Anna & Uni (but can you imagine them not coming as a pair?) and the UC Gundam girls, but technically, we have Kycilia from Origin, Haman from Zeta and Chara from ZZ.

Last edited:
b51d1de4a4b5fa14cb8cfdb90e0c382b.jpg

and

e8ea0dfbe6d5ccc41d950c99f84cbacc.jpg

and

maxresdefault.jpg

For absolutely no specific reason, they've just moved up my list of priorities!
😏

😉
Enjoy, though, buddy: they're excellent films in their own right, I reckon, telling a great alternative version of Death Note. Tag me if you ever post about them?

The notion that llama Kyon is the authority on Best Girls is very amusing to me
That screen cap is... something I had never intended to be. 😅

N... no questions for me? No comments? All that work ._.

I’m one to talk, I suppose. I have to admit only knowing Misa out of your choices @awadama fever... She isn’t a bad choice, I think there’s more to her than people give her credit for.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking these past few days while ambling around my house in my weakened state like an arthritic OAP about how I’m not living my dreams or using my talents, and have decided that my goal in life now is to produce a dojin for every last one of the girls on my chart, then sell them at Comiket with @Rui ‘s quote (which I have permission to use now, no take-backs) on the inside front cover.

'this series is about creepy stuff because its insane creator wanted to see what happened when they made it that way'

@ayase I only know three of your choices (Zero Two, Asuka and Motoko) - but I have a pretty bad knowledge of a lot of anime pre-2000 and I think a lot of them probably fall into that category (judging by some of the character designs). I really need to watch more shows!

Most of them (except Tomo) are giving off serious "don't mess with me" (or maybe...dominatrix? 😅) vibes - it seems like you've definitely got a "type"!

The other two in my post are Junko from Danganronpa (the anime adaptation of the game was...not great, but there two other much better spinoff series) and Yuno from Mirai Nikki/Future Diary (which seems to be a very polarising show, but I think it's pretty good).

I have a best girl for every anime I watch, so it can get rather complicated, lol. But if I had to pick one of my most favorites, the first one that pops into my head is... Sophia Forrester from Last Exile, the first full anime series I ever watched. Not only is Sophia the vice-captain of the Silvana, but she is also the daughter of the Emperor and the princess of Anatoray. 🥰

sophiaforrester3.jpg

3f8400e10a95f6468d8104b0967490cbb6322634b416c460ecf7cee7c7e8c57e_thumb.png
321134.jpg

sophiaforrester2.jpg

@ayase I only know three of your choices (Zero Two, Asuka and Motoko) - but I have a pretty bad knowledge of a lot of anime pre-2000 and I think a lot of them probably fall into that category (judging by some of the character designs). I really need to watch more shows!

Most of them (except Tomo) are giving off serious "don't mess with me" (or maybe...dominatrix? 😅) vibes - it seems like you've definitely got a "type"!

The other two in my post are Junko from Danganronpa (the anime adaptation of the game was...not great, but there two other much better spinoff series) and Yuno from Mirai Nikki/Future Diary (which seems to be a very polarising show, but I think it's pretty good).
If my Danganronpa knowledge is correct I'm pretty sure that's actually Mukuro Ikusaba

If my Danganronpa knowledge is correct I'm pretty sure that's actually Mukuro Ikusaba
It is! I spent ages trying to find a decent picture on Google that wasn't in .webp format (because I was going to use it for something else that wouldn't accept .webp) - then I just lost interest and just went with the first .jpg I clicked on 😅

I mean, you obviously do :p but you might be surprised how many of those ladies are actually 21st Century. I thought I was making it look cooler by using official artwork rather than screencaps (the only one I couldn’t seem to find any of was Origin Kycilia) but I suppose that might also have had the effect of making some of them harder to identify. In fairness I did put their names on this one to at least try and make it easier.
Yeah, you’ve pretty much got my number there (would you even wanna mess with Tomo? I think she’d probably still be a fairly terrifying woman scorned*). The whole idea of the four quadrants though was to at least separate them a little by flavour - (very, very) bad girls, more decent human beings, exciting girls, and tough girls. But yeah, they’re all pretty tough and a good half of those (currently) fantasy dojins would probably be femdom.

*I was wondering earlier actually who would win out in a battle royale, I feel like allowing them mechs and weapons would probably give unfair advantages, but in that case it would definitely be Naga because magic. But then it would probably be Naga anyway. If I allowed mechs, it would probably be Asuka.

Last edited:
I have a best girl for every anime I watch, so it can get rather complicated, lol. But if I had to pick one of my most favorites, the first one that pops into my head is... Sophia Forrester from Last Exile
Ffs, I’m going to have to double-post here because I cannot get this quote to copy into my previous post for some reason.

Frankly, any character designed by Sonoda, Murata or ABe automatically gets my seal of approval.

Bet you like the Murata version of Tatiana Wisla too, yes.?

13345.jpg

I''ve struggled numerous times trying to patch together quotes in a post on this site, it's near impossible...

I've been wanting to import the JP Blu-ray Box for Blue Submarine No. 6 for years, just for the Murata cover image. Definitely best girl in that series, lol...

41Stlh1sbdL._AC_.jpg

I've been wanting to import the JP Blu-ray Box for Blue Submarine No. 6 for years, just for the Murata cover image.
I have the US DVD since I heard the blu-ray is a pretty awful upscale, but yes it was mainly purchased on the strength of Murata’s character designs alone... I still need to watch it.

Wow, who's the redhead babe left column 2nd one down...?
Missed this 'cause you edited it in, but that's Nena Trinity from Gundam 00 (who may or may not ultimately make the cut depending on how the 2nd half of the show goes, when I get around to it).

Last edited:
Back