The General Conversation Area

Merry Christmas everyone from 5 hours behind, here in Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA!

giphy-downsized.gif

fd625a70211847b76ed87518e87e794e.gif

Last edited:
I'm SO EXCITED for when my mum wakes up so I can give her her presents! I got her four things this year - a colour gradient jumper with pinks, reds and purples, a set of red pyjamas with white polar bears on them (these were both from a charity shop but practically new and unworn), a bigg heckin thicc giant bar of organic vegan soap that smells of rose and sandalwood (it's a nice pink colour), and a teatowel with a gorgeous design of a fox and her two cubs on it (I have a mug by the same designer that I bought years ago) 🥰 It's gonna be an awesome Christmas! :) 👍

She loves all her presents 🥰 🥰 🥰 👍

Can someone help explain what Shopto is talking about

I placed an order for a £70 collectors edition and their site says Free Tracked Shipping for orders above £50

But this option wasn't available.

So I emailed them asking why there was no Free Tracked Shipping option for this item and got the following reply

The reason for this, is due to the size of the item. Its quite big and heavy, so the tracking ensures the item is tracked upto delivery and is handled and delivered to you in the best way possible.
To do this, we can only offer tracked options that unfortuantely do incur a cost.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, it seems as those there was no Free Tracked Shipping option as the item needs to be sent tracked... What makes no sense

I placed an order for a £70 collectors edition and their site says Free Tracked Shipping for orders above £50

So I emailed them asking why there was no Free Tracked Shipping option for this item and got the following reply

Unless I'm reading this wrong, it seems as those there was no Free Tracked Shipping option as the item needs to be sent tracked... What makes no sense
I think what they're saying is that because it's a large item it costs more to send it tracked than a normal order over £50 and they dont want to absorb the cost. That's how i read it anyway.

I think what they're saying is that because it's a large item it costs more to send it tracked than a normal order over £50 and they dont want to absorb the cost. That's how i read it anyway.
That would make sense if it was a large item that included a figure or needed to be sent via DPD. Something that would be Medium Parcel or larger

But its a Switch Limited Edition, the same size as say... Life is Strange CE, Final Fantasy 7 CE, and Nis America Vita CE's

and its been sent Royal Mail 24 hour, the same service Shopto uses for all other Switch Collectors Editions... And seemingly all other orders

I stopped using Shopto years ago after they cancelled a number of my pre-orders for no reason other than it was a niche title they chose not to stock in the end (like a day before release as well). They are generally sketchy imo.

Back