The General Conversation Area

Day 4 of having no phone line at home (and hence only mobile data) after the fibre cable got damaged on Friday. (It's knocked out around 30 houses). (Photos from Sunday morning)

Hopefully Openreach will fix it sooner rather than later.

PXL_20211128_100728354.jpg

PXL_20211128_100742065.jpg

I've never seen fibre cables above the ground on telephone polls. I guess they calculated the costs and came to the conclusion that it would be cheaper to put them up there than to dig up the ground.

saw about this on the news this afternoon, didn't realise anywhere still used powerlines in the UK
Welcome to the countryside.

The powerline is fine, it's just the fibre cable which got cut by a gardener cutting some trees back from a nearby home (whom I suspect will be getting a large repair bill from BT)

Last edited:
Latest from BT is that they are waiting for authority to put up traffic lights to replace the broken fibre cable.

Although I believe as they have gone over the original date to get back online my next (and final bill) from BT should have £8+ credit back (looks like it's £8 a day until the fault is fixed)

One of the usual postmen (the miserable/scary one) just moaned at me for ordering loads of "****".

I'm now kinda concerned he might try to kill me when all my packages from the AL/MVM Christmas sales start coming through. 😖

Edit: I can't believe that's censored! 🤣 Anyway, the word rhymed with "hit", but there was an "s" at the start.

One of the usual postmen (the miserable/scary one) just moaned at me for ordering loads of "****".

I'm now kinda concerned he might try to kill me when all my packages from the AL/MVM Christmas sales start coming through. 😖

Edit: I can't believe that's censored! 🤣 Anyway, the word rhymed with "hit", but there was an "s" at the start.

I'm sorry to hear that :( I can empathise with his discontent but he doesn't have to be so nasty to you.

Probably the sort who prefers not to handle parcels instead prefers all those rubbish advertising leaflets as they don't weigh too much.

I guess if they carry on moaning a quick complaint to the royal mail might be the answer.

Shouldn't the manga and LN then turn on the anime. If manga/LN readers are to be believed nearly every show gets the "not as good as..." comment.
That certainly is true in most cases due to how much is necessary to cut for run times, but I think that anime adaptations are almost universally better than 4koma manga. I really do like 4koma manga and have read many of them, but the anime adaptation is almost always better than the 4koma.

So my towns Christmas tree made the national papers (also in the sun/mirror and local rag)

Due to my work I know for fact it wasn't put up at an angle and that the wind from storm Arwen pushed it to an angle.

So my towns Christmas tree made the national papers (also in the sun/mirror and local rag)

Due to my work I know for fact it wasn't put up at an angle and that the wind from storm Arwen pushed it to an angle.

Thanks for setting the record straight! :) 👍

Had a great night tbh. It was our work xmas meal out. Was great food and went to pub for a fair few after. But the best bit was the secret santa. Got a set of dnd dice. Love em. And easily the best secret santa gift I've ever got. Actually something I'll use which is awesome.

16386613758075926420662986700722.jpg

Back in 2016 I ordered a pre-owned Yaya (Unbreakable Machine-Doll) from Solaris and the figure was in pristine quality and also the box looked pretty normal. Did have the issue though that although they can include a customs friendly invoice they actually put the full amount on the box, so had to pay customs anyway. This was solved with a coupon code … which I frankly still haven’t used. Mostly because I don’t buy much figures anymore.

I've finally got a working phoneline again :)

Although the job for tonight is to install my new router and set up the WiFi (changed from BT to Plusnet as BTs offers were rubbish)

I've finally got a working phoneline again :)

Although the job for tonight is to install my new router and set up the WiFi (changed from BT to Plusnet as BTs offers were rubbish)

I've heard good things about Plusnet, IIRC my mum (who lives in the country) uses them, so you're probably in good hands :)

I've heard good things about Plusnet, IIRC my mum (who lives in the country) uses them, so you're probably in good hands :)

I've used them in the past, but they are owned by BT. £22 a month for fibre (18 month) when the best deal BT was offering was £28 a month for 24 months but with 3 months free at the start.

Back