The General Conversation Area

holding a tablet in my right hand... Tapping the left side of the screen is near on impossible
What are you doing with your left hand? 😏
I normally read lying on my bed so just press the left hand side of the screen. If I do go one handed I hold with my left hand and use the thumb to tap.
I've just checked the 4 different readers I've got:
Comixology
The function @WMD mentioned I nice, especially on mobile, but you still need to tap or swipe the same as full screen.

Shounen Jump app
You can switch to vertical where you can swipe up, but I don't think you can buy books. Just read chapters as they are released.

Google Books
You can use the volume buttons, but only in a feature called Bubble Zoom which scrolls through the speach bubbles and other text. Again useful on phones, but probably would be annoying on tablet where you can read them easily anyway.

Bookwalker
The best of the bunch you can switch sides and make the zones bigger or smaller:
received_557826168777893.jpg
You also get the option to use the volume buttons.

Bookwalker
The best of the bunch you can switch sides and make the zones bigger or smaller
It sounds like bookwalker might be the one worth checking out for me

They're also the ones who do really good deals and coinback from what I've seen people tweeting/posting about so thats another reason :)

It sounds like bookwalker might be the one worth checking out for me

They're also the ones who do really good deals and coinback from what I've seen people tweeting/posting about so thats another reason :)
Yeah. There's nearly always a coin back event on and a sale of select titles about once a week plus a wider selection every so often.
There's a 50% coin back offer for new members on their first purchase:

Got the day off work today because last week was a 6 day working week heh (it was almost a whole 7 days working week but the training progress was good enough to take a day off). Basically once every while I will have to work during the weekends (at home) as my department does these events once every month.

The past weekend went off the rails due to COVID affecting the structure so everything had to be revamped, but somehow we've managed. I'm being trained for the role but because this past weekend was like an irregularity it's not an accurate representation of what I'll be doing for next month's event.

That said, the people training me said they're very happy with my progress which boosts my confidence for the position. There's a lot to take in with the position compared to my previous job and if things go to plan the contract window could be extended into a proper full-time role.

Comic con was fun today. The Mamoru Hosoda interview was fun and if its posted online anywhere worth checking out. Nice to get a bit of insight into the man.

Also the Gabriel Luna (Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield) panel was a good watch. He comes across as a nice chill dude.

Otherwise it was very noticeable how much less stuff there was this time. The aisles were far wider than usual and areas like Pop Asia which is normally brimming with stuff was a lot more sparse. Oh well at least it's back!

I know I keep asking random stuff but...

(See tweet thread, there are 3 tweets and I dont really want to waste forum space putting the image on here)

did you ever find an answer for this? i think i may have sort of a solution for you, it's this way atleast for me on the s10+ if you hit the button that brings up all the open apps and hold down your finger on the open app it'll ask you to drag it to the middle of the screen which allows you to see it on top

any apps after that will open up fullscreen but you should be able to repeat the above steps to get them splitscreen, left, right, and bottom will resize in that direction, the blue bar on top repositions the window, just a note to make because i can't remember if the s20 FE has a pinhole/notch but i couldn't get the window to go past the bottom of the camera hole

Phone has upgraded to running Android 12, the first annoyance I have is now it takes 2 clicks to turn on/off mobile data & WiFi.

For I'm one of those odd people who only have mobile data on when I'm using it, rather than on all the time

Phone has upgraded to running Android 12, the first annoyance I have is now it takes 2 clicks to turn on/off mobile data & WiFi.

For I'm one of those odd people who only have mobile data on when I'm using it, rather than on all the time
is it no longer drag down and tap the button or is that considered 2 clicks?
willing to bet they made it worse and put both wifi and mobile data in the same thing to annoy me too

Went to McDonald's in the first time in years and it was a surreal experience. The restaurant was packed with people standing and sitting, but I'd guess more than 90% of them were third party delivery agents with food delivery bags.

They may be picking up paid for orders, but surely at some point they just be taking up so much space in the store that they turning away walk in customers.

is it no longer drag down and tap the button or is that considered 2 clicks?
willing to bet they made it worse and put both wifi and mobile data in the same thing to annoy me too

They've put both Wifi & Mobile data in the same thing, so drag down, tap one button then tap/slide the option to turn on/off mobile data or WiFi.

Then hit done.

Screenshot_20211031-233923.png

Last edited:
Went to McDonald's in the first time in years and it was a surreal experience. The restaurant was packed with people standing and sitting, but I'd guess more than 90% of them were third party delivery agents with food delivery bags.

They may be picking up paid for orders, but surely at some point they just be taking up so much space in the store that they turning away walk in customers.

I dislike it when you go to the likes of Maccies and they prioritise those food delivery people over the walk in customers. But it;s similar in this area. I went to a local KFC a couple weeks ago on a Thursday evening and in the 15 minutes I was in there having food there was at least 10 food delivery people rocking up to pick up orders.

I guess for the users of those apps it's a balance between the cost of delivery and the cost of actually picking it up yourself.

I dislike it when you go to the likes of Maccies and they prioritise those food delivery people over the walk in customers. But it;s similar in this area. I went to a local KFC a couple weeks ago on a Thursday evening and in the 15 minutes I was in there having food there was at least 10 food delivery people rocking up to pick up orders.

I guess for the users of those apps it's a balance between the cost of delivery and the cost of actually picking it up yourself.
The McDonald's had a dedicated person to handle the exchange of the delivery agent food, so thankfully it didn't cause too much delays, but there was so much standing and seating area taken up by them I doubt anyone would want to actually sit and eat in the store.

It would probably be best if they set aside a dedicated location simply for handling deliveries.

think i need to slap earlier in the year me, had some of those touchscreen gloves and i put them somewhere "safe" so i wouldn't lose them when i came back to needing them later in the year which is now and i can't find them anywhere and i refuse to order a new pair because i know they'll turn up as soon as i do

They've put both Wifi & Mobile data in the same thing, so drag down, tap one button then tap/slide the option to turn on/off mobile data or WiFi.

Then hit done.

View attachment 21501
hoping by the time it gets to me they put some sort hardlock on the mobile data so you can't accidentally turn it on, cost myself like £4 in credit because mobile data turned itself on while i was setting up my phone

It's strange hearing trains running again after the last 2 weeks where the line has been closed due to the crash at Salisbury. It's been all to quiet.

Christmas time is coming all to quickly for me, I dislike being asked what I want as gifts as I tend to buy what I need when I need it (or put it on my Amazon wishlist keeping an eye out for any special offers)

Gutted to hear about Amazon no longer accepting UK issued Visa Credit Cards from 19th Jan 2022.
I'm hoping because it's been made public that something is sorted between Visa and Amazon because it's gonna be an absolute ballache to get alternatives into place.
And although yes you can still use Visa Debit, I personally don't like using debit online. Credit is so much safer.

Gutted to hear about Amazon no longer accepting UK issued Visa Credit Cards from 19th Jan 2022.
I'm hoping because it's been made public that something is sorted between Visa and Amazon because it's gonna be an absolute ballache to get alternatives into place.
And although yes you can still use Visa Debit, I personally don't like using debit online. Credit is so much safer.
I'd been wondering why my bank discontinued Visa cards a few months ago, and it turns out Visa hiked their transaction fees after Brexit and loads of businesses are furious at them. This is probably just Amazon trying to strong-arm them into offering a better rate.

Back