The General Conversation Area

So my fellow SLA goers, do we think this event will qualify as one whereby attendees will need a vaccine passport?

I’m fully vaccinated so guessing I just have to request that paperwork you’d need to travel, for this as well if it is deemed an event a passports required for?
Probably, plus if you are coming from abroad make sure your country is green lit by the UK government and check to see if there will be any mandatory isolation period.

It really sucks for travelling right now.

I deleted the post as I read its for indoor with 500 people or more. Didnt wanna bog those not fully vaccinated down if it isnt needed 🙂 I will look into getting my passport just in case though. Its mad how i’ll be having to check Scottish news to ensure I can still go up lol.

Hi guys, just wanted to tell you you're evidently liking me way too much on here, lol - I just noticed the number of Likes for my account have now surpassed the number of my Posts here in the forum, although this post will even them back up at 2,138. I'm really glad I have a place I can hang out and share anime thoughts with everyone, even worldwide, from here in the US, and I want to thank everyone for welcoming me into this forum. 🤗

I'm now at home after 11 days in the University of Pennsylvania hospital in Philadelphia for pancreatic cancer surgery; they performed a Whipple procedure and while they were at it they also removed an umbilical hernia at my belly button that was getting close to tennis ball in size. I now have a 12" incision running down the center of my belly, so I'm not a pretty sight with my shirt off, lol. I don't have a belly button anymore because of the hernia removal, so now I'll have proof to show people that I was hatched instead of birthed, haha! I am now in recovery mode, slowly feeling a little bit better every day. I have to give myself 7 shots a day in the leg, with blood thinners and insulin, for the next 30 days, ugh! Can't wait to get over all this and get back to my normal routine. Again, thank you for all the good wishes from everyone on here with my surgery and recovery - I'm glad I'm home now and at least able to get back on the anime forums! 😌

-Troy

Last edited:
i'm looking for somewhere that can make custom wooden boxes with a logo carved in it to make my own one of a kind collector editions, anyone able to suggest anywhere or anything i can search for locally? can only seem to find people that engrave those metal display things

Hi guys, just wanted to tell you you're evidently liking me way too much on here, lol - I just noticed the number of Likes for my account have now surpassed the number of my Posts here in the forum, although this post will even them back up at 2,138. I'm really glad I have a place I can hang out and share anime thoughts with everyone, even worldwide, from here in the US, and I want to thank everyone for welcoming me into this forum. 🤗

I'm now at home after 11 days in the University of Pennsylvania hospital in Philadelphia for pancreatic cancer surgery; they performed a Whipple procedure and while they were at it they also removed an umbilical hernia at my belly button that was getting close to tennis ball in size. I now have a 12" incision running down the center of my belly, so I'm not a pretty sight with my shirt off, lol. I don't have a belly button anymore because of the hernia removal, so now I'll have proof to show people that I was hatched instead of birthed, haha! I am now in recovery mode, slowly feeling a little bit better every day. I have to give myself 7 shots a day in the leg, with blood thinners and insulin, for the next 30 days, ugh! Can't wait to get over all this and get back to my normal routine. Again, thank you for all the good wishes from everyone on here with my surgery and recovery - I'm glad I'm at least now able to get back on the anime forums! 😌

-Troy
I'm glad you're doing well. Take it easy man.

Oh nooo! 😭 I hope you both fully recover very soon :) ❤️👍
Thanks. Little'un has sprung back, she threw up 3 times last night & hasn't since so here's hoping.
Me on the other hand: I can't stand up, even laying down I'm dizzy & sore... thrown up so much & so I often that I've pulled or strained most my chest/side muscles to the point that anything but shallow breathes hurts & using the loo is like spraying acid. Fun times!

Worst part for me is being utterly useless & my other half having to do everything.
I get angry & frustrated when illness disables me & my body can't keep up with my willpower.

I really hope her & the baby don't get it. Been crawling around cleaning what I can with bleach but I can't get downstairs to put the blankets etc in the washing machine.

Thanks. Little'un has sprung back, she threw up 3 times last night & hasn't since so here's hoping.
Me on the other hand: I can't stand up, even laying down I'm dizzy & sore... thrown up so much & so I often that I've pulled or strained most my chest/side muscles to the point that anything but shallow breathes hurts & using the loo is like spraying acid. Fun times!

Worst part for me is being utterly useless & my other half having to do everything.
I get angry & frustrated when illness disables me & my body can't keep up with my willpower.

I really hope her & the baby don't get it. Been crawling around cleaning what I can with bleach but I can't get downstairs to put the blankets etc in the washing machine.

Wow that sounds rough :( I'm cheering for you! I have chronic health issues and disabilities so I've learned to accept certain things about that like needing more help than others do in some ways, but it is difficult when one's brain/body won't play ball, I feel for you and I really hope it all turns out alright for you and your family :)

Wow that sounds rough :( I'm cheering for you! I have chronic health issues and disabilities so I've learned to accept certain things about that like needing more help than others do in some ways, but it is difficult when one's brain/body won't play ball, I feel for you and I really hope it all turns out alright for you and your family :)
I have some messy mental stuff but nothing on the overly physical aside from a crooked spine/mismatch in leg length ^_^; (it's not a huge issue until I get towards OAP apparently).

I'm sorry for being self absorbed when this is such a temporary state of being & others don't have the luxury.

I have some messy mental stuff but nothing on the overly physical aside from a crooked spine/mismatch in leg length ^_^; (it's not a huge issue until I get towards OAP apparently).

I'm sorry for being self absorbed when this is such a temporary state of being & others don't have the luxury.

I didn't mean it like that :) The major physical thing for me is diabetes type 2 - most of my issues are mental as well. Everyone matters and everyone's suffering matters :)

Back