The General Conversation Area

The thing that really pisses me off about this whole covid 19 thing is that there's no crap paper in any store near me. I almost got into a fist fight with an ass who snatched the last package out from under my hands as I was reaching for it on the shelf-luckily the store manager gave it to me on the condition that there be no fighting.
How is toilet paper even supposed to help people.
Have people lost the plot.
It's the same where I am.

Just went up for my shopping and that isle is dust.
Not a single roll there, I use a pocket pack of tissues to blowing nose in work and even those are off the shelves

Looked up the symptoms and wondering what all the panic is about... it's a chest flu

Yeah, this has me pretty confused. As far as I can tell Corona doesn't give people chronic diarrhoea, so I don't know why everybody suddenly feels they need to stock up on hundreds of bog rolls. Unless they think we're about to go on complete zombie apocalypse lock-down where every shop will be shuttered and there'll be no way to buy anything. In which case I'd have presumed the first priority would be tinned food, because the toilet rolls aren't going to be much use if you have nothing to eat.

Some shops and chemists are the only thing open in Italy, so I really don't get it.
The last week at work had been like Christmas, but worse because we don't have a massive stockpile of stuff people are buying as you would have planned for at Christmas, so loads of customers are getting stuff substituted.

Yeah, this has me pretty confused. As far as I can tell Corona doesn't give people chronic diarrhoea, so I don't know why everybody suddenly feels they need to stock up on hundreds of bog rolls. Unless they think we're about to go on complete zombie apocalypse lock-down where every shop will be shuttered and there'll be no way to buy anything. In which case I'd have presumed the first priority would be tinned food, because the toilet rolls aren't going to be much use if you have nothing to eat.
Perhaps they are gonna use them for makeshift bombardment when it really hits the fan?

My friend (Hampshire area) went into a corner shop and saw multipacks of toilet roll selling for £20 a pop since nowhere else in the area has it. It's absolutely insane.

On another note I'm shook at how well timed my recent trip to Ukraine was - I got back to the UK a few days before the country completely closed its borders to foreigners as a result of this whole virus mess.

Our local supermarket (which is huge) had the strangest sets of things missing. Like all of the sugar and every possible type of egg. Is everyone frantically baking thousands of cakes out of anxiety? I think as soon as one person perceives a run on a type of product the hysteria grows and then it sells out, no matter how ridiculous it is.

R

Supermarkets never should have let this get out of control in the first place. They put restrictions in way too late. We can't get hold of the colic medication our baby has, or baby wipes which shows the level of extreme stupidity & selfishness around here because they won't do jack all against coronovirus.

Not only that but the poor thing has a cold that's developed into a chest infection because the gp refuses to see her so all we can do is keep her dosed up on calpol & hope she gets better soon.

This whole virus situation is just ridiculous. There's really nothing much we can actually do about it, it's just a game of chance with high stakes.

So Corona finally reaches the North East, my uni has gone on lockdown; no classes for a week and further measures to be decided. I’ve only seen one person around here wearing a mask and he was having the p*ss ripped out of him by his mates, so we’ll see if Teesside is decimated by a shared cavalier attitude.
This whole virus situation is just ridiculous. There's really nothing much we can actually do about it, it's just a game of chance with high stakes.
I really don’t know what governments were thinking when they decided the best course of action to contain an airborne virus was to repatriate their citizens from Wuhan in the sealed, tightly packed metal tubes with recirculating air that are aeroplanes. Whether it was ignorance of how bad the problem was or just fear they’d look immoral for stranding their citizens in a foreign country, it was clearly a very unfortunate one. That countries are closing borders NOW, after already taking in a load of infected people seems unlikely to do much to help. Quarantines keep people in one place for a reason.

Last edited:
What's worse in my opinion is how they seemingly didn't bother testing or screening a single person who hopped off a plane from nothern Italy after it had already become a hotspot. Was it sheer laziness or lack of resources? I've still not seen that explained. But it's too late now anyway, it's well and truly here now and the govenment's messaging is bizarre and wishy washy and will only confuse people in my opinion.

Well, I've not been well, it's been in my town apparently but I doubt I'd have it, I'd have a worse chest if that were the case

Yet my work has not shut down and has placed notices on the pandemic basically nowhere, welcome to how much this cr** factory cares about its workers

Supermarkets never should have let this get out of control in the first place. They put restrictions in way too late. We can't get hold of the colic medication our baby has, or baby wipes which shows the level of extreme stupidity & selfishness around here because they won't do jack all against coronovirus.

Not only that but the poor thing has a cold that's developed into a chest infection because the gp refuses to see her so all we can do is keep her dosed up on calpol & hope she gets better soon.

Could you be able to get prescribed the medicine for colic?
Sickening times

Last edited:
Is it worth going to London comic con in May that's if it doesn't get cancelled or postponed.i have high blood pressure so I think I'm in one of the vulnerable groups.

Could you be able to get prescribed the medicine for colic?
Sickening times

Alas no. She only gets on with 1 brand too and it's nowhere to be found. Poor things cold has turned to a chest infection, can't get into gp coz they are single mindedly obsessed so had to ring 111 which is really over taxed atm... Of course it resulted in an almost pointless trip to the hospital's isolation area due to her symptoms being related to the coronovirus (like every highly common illness out there right now.) Unsurprisingly she's coronovirus free so there's that.

Back