The General Conversation Area

I've had the same with gaming. Haven't completed a game since Persona 5, nearly 3 years ago now.
Actually have been playing Skyrim for about 60 odd hours recently, although I haven't touched the main quest. I just like wandering around the world.
That's exactly what I loved about the wild area in new Pokemon games as a kid I always wanted something like that and even if there was nothing actually to do in the WA I did enjoy going through seeing all the Pokemon wondering about.

Eugh weekend was hell and set me back mentally and emotionally. More ex drama because he cannot just leave me be making out I won't leave him be and that I'm wasting my time doing sh*t to get to him. I am not so pathetic as to stalk his friends on fb who aren't mine and post on their public status' in hope despite him being blocked it gets back to him! He went on a status tirade accusing me of such and I've been called horrid names by people who don't even know me. I hate people who are bitter because they get dumped and make out they're the dumper instead. I swear I've almost completed the unholy trinity of partners.

I did see the dub of Weathering With You yesterday, was really good. Lee Pace and Alison Brie were amazing!

Since Burns Night and Chinese New Year fall the same weekend I'm going for a Burns Night meal tonight. I cannot wait. Finally get my haggis fix!!

How is everyone? - better than me I hope? :)

Awww belated Birthday to your wee one :) I'd say I hoped they had a nice day as did you but if the neighbours anything to go by, thats a nope.

Wait so your neighbour is just being a tw*t over general noise expected from a house with a kid in it? Yeah I get if a kids crying in the middle of the night that can be a pain if you can hear it to where it wakes you but during daytime hours etc there's just no need.

So them being them is causing you to be a version of yourself you don't best like or something, why you're not at the house? Are they loud about all this sh*t they're doing? - as there's a non emergency police number where they'll come and measure volumes from your neighbours and can act if its above a threshold.

My neighbours are literal loud mouths. They don't throw parties, no music blaring they are just actually rude and loud like they're in my house with me. Because they're jobless too they have no respect for the fact myself and the house on the other side, work. They're up gone 1am just laughing and talking and I too, have had to start sleeping in my room at Mums just to get a decent sleep. They're scally (chav) as f*ck as well too and I already think they're who came into my yard and looked in my storage unit since our entry is gated both sides so it has to be the houses within it so I haven't gave them a taste of their own medicine yet. Which would be me up at 7 blaring the tv hella loud to see what loud voices are like as well as on a weekend blast Slipknot through the walls in case they properly do summat to me/my house.

Yeah that's bang out of order, even on a Friday and Saturday night whilst it irritates me I know to just leave em to it as it's weekend but sounds like he's making trouble out of everything, I hate people like that. Not great love :( any chance you can look into living anywhere else?

Yeah I'm worried they'll break in when I go on holiday or something if I interfere with their sleep in normal waking hours but usually I go ahead and retaliate. Mum and I did when I lived at hers and Slipknot from 8am worked for her haha.

I'm even gonna kip at Mums the night before I fly as retaliate or not I wouldn't feel comfortable if I saw em spot me leave with a bag. Unlike them I'm quiet, even my dog is so I don't think they'd know I'm gone otherwise lol.

Separate conversation, so forgive me...

There's actually nothing to stop people using brand names in fictional media, it comes under fair use.
I thought Japanese law was stricter than most. Which is why something like South Park wouldn't work with all the references
The latter of those two is the impression I have as well. 🤔

I seem to have the idea that even parody doesn't fall into the category of fair use in Japan. I can think of a Gundam being pixelated in an episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya as an example, along with the word itself being bleeped out. There also seem to be references to other IPs being bleeped out of Japanese commentary tracks. (Code Geass springs to mind.)

But then, on the other hand, Good Luck Girl has a very obvious Death Note parody in it, so I'm really not sure what the limits of the law are, or indeed what permissions were/weren't sought.

I'm also reminded of games company Capcom switching the names of some of the boss characters in Street Fighter II around to avoid the boxer being called M. Bison in the game's Western incarnation, as well as a case where everyone's "favourite" psychic spoon bender Uri Geller tried to sue Nintendo for £60m back in the late 1990s.

@-Danielle-

It's certainly a temptation. I could make his life absolute hell if I really wanted. I have some high powered stuff from when I did a community cinema show that would shake the walls. Not used them since I left the hostel I used to do it at but maybe it's time to get them out.

I seem to have the idea that even parody doesn't fall into the category of fair use in Japan. I can think of a Gundam being pixelated in an episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya as an example, along with the word itself being bleeped out. There also seem to be references to other IPs being bleeped out of Japanese commentary tracks. (Code Geass springs to mind.)

But then, on the other hand, Good Luck Girl has a very obvious Death Note parody in it, so I'm really not sure what the limits of the law are, or indeed what permissions were/weren't sought.
I think perhaps there’s an issue of potentially bringing the brands into disrepute, which might have quite a wide scope depending how litigious said brands’ lawyers are.

It would be hard to argue that having a can of Coke sat on someone’s desk would be harmful to their brand, but if they drank it and then said “Coca-Cola is horrible” that might cause an issue.

Boxes, boxes!
boxes over here, over there
boxes in front of doors, boxes in the air!
only one thing now for me is a scare
And it’s a large, cardboard square

officially running out of space in the new place... we’ve really gotta settle in here
Oh well, no rent

Bah. Went to watch Picard on my aging tablet and its broken, the internal battery cable is physically ripped and the case is twisted. Dunno how the hell it happened as the room it's in has been empty all day >_< went to cancel an order I had so I could try and replace it but it's too late, the order has been dispatched. Luckily I have a win 10 laptop that splits into a tablet

Bah. Went to watch Picard on my aging tablet and its broken, the internal battery cable is physically ripped and the case is twisted. Dunno how the hell it happened as the room it's in has been empty all day >_< went to cancel an order I had so I could try and replace it but it's too late, the order has been dispatched. Luckily I have a win 10 laptop that splits into a tablet
Sometimes I wonder why people have 5 devices for the same thing...

Smartphone, ipad and PC- all can do virtually the same thing, only my PC has high spec games

Sometimes I wonder why people have 5 devices for the same thing...

Smartphone, ipad and PC- all can do virtually the same thing, only my PC has high spec games

Basically... It's low powered and had a large battery, I could watch it without squinting (eyes are too poor without glasses to see phone at night) also took a sim for when I have no net access and it was something I could fall asleep watching, used to spend a lot of time on a boat.
The win 10 pc/tablet for doing raw photo editing with touch screen/pen convenience when I'm not at home I.E. staying at a relatives overnight. Phone because... Well I often wonder that :p and I have a seperate music player too because I care about quality audio and not running a stupid mobile phones battery dry plus I can go out without it.

I prefer to have individual devices better designed for the purpose than to focus on a jack of all trades. I have always worked with brown goods, repairing them, so I've never had much trouble acquiring and fixing them cheaply, I've also built my own high spec gaming pc's for at least 18 years and built them for others on request.

Back