The General Conversation Area

How's everyone doing? - I've had a sh*t few weeks, ngl.

Relationship ended on Monday and he's been vicious about me on FB since saying really awful untrue slanderous things. I then had his ex message me saying a mix of stuff which has f*cked me up even more.

I have people now trying to occupy my time but things like the period between xmas and new year, NYE itself etc is going to be really hard as it was supposed to be spent with him.

Does anyone have anything good to share to make this not so dreary because of me? :)

I hope you're all doing well and not getting too ill. I've been rundown twice but yet to catch an illness! - I bet it's waiting for Xmas haha.
Sorry to hear about your relationship. I wouldn't know how it would feel considering I have never been in one (I landed in the Friendzone but that's about it).

I've been doing pretty well. My face has recovered pretty fast after the attack 3 weeks ago from the PROMARE screening night. Police have made very good progress on that front but I haven't heard much since. Recap for those confused: a group threatened and attempted to steal my phone and wallet while also constantly hitting me in the face. Minor injuries to the face but the hospital wait times were 5 hours long (1am-6am).

This month for me has mostly been dealing with my assignments for my Masters degree. Just had a group presentation last Tuesday which went surprisingly well and it sounds like my group may get a solid result. I have one individual assignment due in tomorrow afternoon which is almost done, got one table that needs to be filled in with a lot of detail that I hope to sort out tonight.

I plan to return home for Christmas on Saturday which is going to be the first time I'll be checking out the new home which is now near York instead of near Peterborough. Got a bigger bedroom and new shelving for the anime stuff to build which will be fun (with instructions, it's like you're building LEGO).

On the entertainment side of things, I managed to watch at least four films this month alone across three cinemas; Jumanji: Next Level and Knives Out at The Light cinema, The Nightingale at Showroom cinema, and Parasite at ODEON Luxe which was a mystery screening that I was lucky enough to check out after reading the clues online. I skipped Konosuba the Movie because it was at Vue only (which was where I went for PROMARE) and I plan to check out the controversial Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker film soon.

Bah, tracker says it's been held for ransom! I can pay online, but then have to choose a delivery date, no option to pick up even though the depot is literally round the corner. Guess I'll have to wait for the little Grey Slip. If it comes early enough I can get it before work, otherwise it'll be tomorrow morning.
Thought I'd try without the slip. It wasn't on their system even though the tracker said it was there. Slip then didn't turn up!
I went to work thinking maybe it'll turn up in the second post, but no. The tracker was updated after I went to the depot, so maybe it's now on the system! I might try again without the slip, as I'm going to work a bit earlier than today.

I’m glad you recapped Grav, I had no idea that happened to you. Really glad you’re ok :)

Relationships are fulfilling but the epitome of evil too as if they end, damn its a mother f*cker. Still suffering with it but I know I will for days/weeks/months until I wake one day and it’s gone.

Hows its being home? Where is it youre based when not with parents in York?

congrats HWR :)

I’m glad you recapped Grav, I had no idea that happened to you. Really glad you’re ok :)

Relationships are fulfilling but the epitome of evil too as if they end, damn its a mother f*cker. Still suffering with it but I know I will for days/weeks/months until I wake one day and it’s gone.

Hows its being home? Where is it youre based when not with parents in York?

congrats HWR :)

Being home at a new location does feel weird, but I am quite happy with how its turned out. My room is much bigger than last time which is great because I wanted more space for things like shelving and being able to walk around without an object (like my seat) getting in the way.

I'm primarily based in Sheffield's city centre. Been living there for over a year properly since I kept the same flat during the 2018-19 period. I intend to keep it going for the 2019-20 period due to going back to Hallam Uni for a post-grad degree.

No Serp, not so close to xmas! I wish you a speedy recovery!

I was wondering, do you guys ever do meets? I’d grab a train to somewhere if you did. You kinda forget how lonely you are when you have a partner. Now that’s gone...

Merry Christmas
img_5153.jpg

No Serp, not so close to xmas! I wish you a speedy recovery!

I was wondering, do you guys ever do meets? I’d grab a train to somewhere if you did. You kinda forget how lonely you are when you have a partner. Now that’s gone...

Thanks. Today will be my first proper meal in 4 days lol; no booze or the homemade Xmas puddings I made for me though as my body is still struggling to recover (I have tried them though :p)

I've got a horrible cold in the aftermath, so has little'un for her first xmas but she's soldiering through it and enjoying herself.

Merry Christmas to all!

Back