The General Conversation Area

The Brother: makes another Shepard on mass effect not realising he just looks like a hitler youth

Me, master of terrible jokes: garrus, we need to go to the far right of the galaxy

I’m likely going to go for it, my favourite band and a comprehensive collection.

Dreams are odd things. There's a theory they're the extra-terrestrial/dimensional overseers of Experiment Earth wirelessly extracting our memories for further study the mind sorting and cataloguing experiences you've had while awake from short term to long term memory. If that's the case, then a couple of nights ago my mind did a comprehensive backup of pretty much every TV show I've consumed over about the last year, so great was the number of characters and locations that made an appearance. I wasn't sure if I should be a little concerned, since that's the kind of complete backup you tend to do when you think the storage device is likely to fail not long after.

I wouldn't ordinarily have bothered mentioning that, but here I am a few days later and I've experienced the most vivid, interesting and original dream I've probably ever had (at least that I can remember). It was so fascinating to me I immediately sat down and filled eleven pages of a notebook describing it and turning it into a story outline. I've not written any fiction for a long time since I always thought my ideas were too derivative, but I managed to write more in one morning than I'm expected to for my written uni assignment I still have nine weeks to complete. It feels a bit like I've had a Zak McKracken moment, like all that stuff the other day was being filed away to make way for some important information I'm supposed to do something with.

A great month for the English language. Jedi and lightsabre are added to the Oxford English Dictionary 👍

• Jedi, n.: In the fictional universe of the Star Wars films: a member of an order of heroic, skilled warrior monks who are able to harness the mystical power of…
  • lightsabre, n.: In the fictional universe of the Star Wars films: a weapon resembling a sword, but having a destructive beam of light in place of a blade. Also: a…
Although, they say it's a fictional universe and well....

😅

A great month for the English language. Jedi and lightsabre are added to the Oxford English Dictionary 👍

• Jedi, n.: In the fictional universe of the Star Wars films: a member of an order of heroic, skilled warrior monks who are able to harness the mystical power of…
  • lightsabre, n.: In the fictional universe of the Star Wars films: a weapon resembling a sword, but having a destructive beam of light in place of a blade. Also: a…
Although, they say it's a fictional universe and well....

😅
IKR? You go to a galaxy far, far away and read their history books

If they don't have anything about jedi there, well that's impossible, perhaps the archives are incomplete

IKR? You go to a galaxy far, far away and read their history books

If they don't have anything about jedi there, well that's impossible, perhaps the archives are incomplete
It has to be real, how else did they film it? There was no CGI back in 1977! People argue with me saying they used models. That's just crazy, have they seen the death star? It's huge, like a moon, how much plastic would they need to make a model of that? Madness I tell you, madness 😂

Back