The General Conversation Area

At least you have a job. I've been redundant since February and while I was able to get 6 interviews (a 7th in a few days) I've just been unlucky. Granted I haven't heard back from one just yet but it's always been bad luck for me.

I want to stay in this city but the job hunt just makes me stressful and slowly miserable. It's frustrating how I lost my job when the big anime stuff was happening not long after, like MCM and Anime Ltd's Q2 titles.
Ah sorry tough break! If anyone does work in my town they'll often be leaving town for it. Virtually no one who works here lives here, pretty evident at my own job, I don't need to tell you about commuting then.

For some reason people can make money from YouTube and the youtubers actually care about it... anything you'd feel people would pay you for? You might have to work at it for nothing for a while first though...

Ah sorry tough break! If anyone does work in my town they'll often be leaving town for it. Virtually no one who works here lives here, pretty evident at my own job, I don't need to tell you about commuting then.

For some reason people can make money from YouTube and the youtubers actually care about it... anything you'd feel people would pay you for? You might have to work at it for nothing for a while first though...
No apologies needed I'm just tired from everyone being able to find jobs these days. Heck every now and then I read the ResetERA thread about their job situations and it's relatable.

Amazon's program has actually done a decent job in letting me get a small amount of money last year so that I could afford a few things, like the Neptunia Vita games. I'll probably try and join its Influencer program which is an extension for social media related users.

@Neil.T what have you been up to?
Man Jailed for Robbing Homes While Cosplaying Evangelion's Shinji
He was previously known to do it as a bunny girl - I'm really not sure which one I'd prefer robbing me :confused:
Oh my god, how bizarre! "Get in the house, Shinji."

Perhaps the latter part of Evangelion 3.0+1.0 will flash forward some 23 years to show Shinji's life as a career criminal, after things really didn't work out for him.
gendo-is-disappoint.jpg

Woot Yuru Camp manga volume 6 has dispatched. Hakumei and Mikochi volume 5 dispatched yesterday and along with Satoshi Kon's Opus that should be enough to cover me for my week on holiday in Ireland. 1 week and a bit to go 😁

Last edited:
My book group's got Opus on the list for like August or something. I've not read it yet but let me know your thoughts on it - (no spoilers) :)

Just thought I’d drop this here, I’ve been watching rage of bahamut’s second season - such a shame amazon rarely lets what they have go anywhere for a dub

It’s in my backlog so one day I’ll get around to watching it as I’m curious to see what it’s strengths and weaknesses were.

Good work at making some progress! 👍

I've got two fairly new kits hanging around, still in their boxes. I even bought a fancy little cutter thing to snip the plastic. I just know I'll make an absolute mess of them, so I just gaze at the boxes from time to time.

I got the Wing Gundam absolutely years ago from Argos and made it then, but it was a fairly simple kit. I've got no faith I'd be able to do as well with these newer kits.

Back