The General Conversation Area

👍😹

They've been putting one up here in work today. Some of the baubles on it are the size of melons! 😹🍈

Also @IncendiaryLemon - your festive avatar is adorable! 😭

giphy.gif

Nope not anymore, last one was ages ago during a wedding. Also I stopped with cigarettes back in March, attempt no. 5 ... if my calculations are correct :) (but I do vape now)

On special occasions. I used to a bit more often when you could smoke in pubs, as long as I had one/some on me, otherwise I might suffer a pub hamlet special if I'd had enough to drink.

Before that I smoked a pipe but they're pretty high maintenance. We had an old school sweet shop in town with glass jars full of sweets & tobacco back when I was a teenager and that got me into it.

I wanted to get this t-shirt but my lady loves x-mas and said there's no way :(

11927303-1274621381912719.jpg

I never grew up celebrating it so for me it's just a season of really terrible ear worm music that you can't seem to avoid, rubbish tv & excessive expenditure.

I never grew up celebrating it so for me it's just a season of really terrible ear worm music that you can't seem to avoid, rubbish tv & excessive expenditure.
Your feelings towards Christmas will change when the little un's here. Christmas time with your own kids is awesome. ☃️🎄🎅👍

Honestly those points can extend to the entire year. Think I’ve heard like one or two good new songs this year and TV is shite except for a handful of programmes. Though I will concede that December is especially bad for the wallet 😉

The excessive expenditure is especially needless (speaking as someone who has worked in retail for 5 years), but even persononally, I just don't see the point. It gets out of hand, and people get stressed over what would normally be something trivial. But at Christmas it's the end of the world.

I am, however, welly jelly of the Pokemon advent calendars that some of the staff here have on their desks 😤😣

😂

The MLP one I have is still super cute though 😜

Last edited by a moderator:
Back