The General Conversation Area

Last day of my week off and i've realised i've done **** all lol.

Monday I hung out with my nephew and took him to the park and toy shopping. Tuesday I went shopping and watched anime. Wednesday was my dads anniversary so went graveyard and hung out with my family for most of the day. Thursday I took myself for a 7 mile walk around a park just behind my flat and it was beautiful and today I had no food so took myself for a fry up at my local first thing and then did some shopping and just now woke up from a 2 hour nap!

I've wasted my week. Mix in sessions on my exercise bike, weights and a combo of Ranma and ROD and you have my entire week. Might have to try and do something exciting on Bank Holiday Monday like stay in bed all day!

Anyone else find they waste their time off work sometimes?

britguy said:
Anyone else find they waste their time off work sometimes?

*raises hand* yeah i can attest to that. I have a lot of work to do outwith the regular job that i need to get onto, but instead i pass the days off i get away with gaming and not too much else. It's a habit i need to try and get out off, or at least balance better. I blame the stress of my usual job though, it gets ridiculous at times and you just don't want to do anything after that kind of crap.
Heck, we just learnt yesterday that our manager just handed in his notice, got a job elsewhere and leaves in four weeks. He was unhappy there too, so it kind of goes to show how bad the place is.
But yeah, i need to sit down and work more. I just don't always get the right motivation to do so.

To be honest it doesn't seem like you wasted that time at all Britguy! I thought you were actually being sarcastic or something. We should change your name to Productiveguy.

vashdaman said:
To be honest it doesn't seem like you wasted that time at all Britguy! I thought you were actually being sarcastic or something. We should change your name to Productiveguy.
Aye (in Happy voice), that didn't sound like a wasted a week at all, Having almost almost 6 months off Uni (Apr 4th- Sep 29th) and only working 2.5 days a week it's been a loooooooooong summer. The days I don't work, either meet some friends and watch a film or stay home watch anime, read comics and browse forums. Can't wait to go back to Uni, just a month left! Hopefully I can now plan ahead next summer and get a proper job for like 5 months and hopefully add some funds to the final year fee's.

Does anyone feel the whole Ice Bucket Challenge is getting a bit out of control? I just wish it was done with. To me it's getting to the point that I may end up being Nominated but the thing is I don't want to do it, no disrespect to the charity but I would rather not do it especially when I don't have the tech equipment or insanity to try it out.

Not to mention some people did get seriously hurt and one person died from it.

@Grav you can just donate to charity instead, that was the original thing, the Ice Challenge was like the forfeit for not donating initially.

Fed up of seeing my FB timeline full of people doing it tbh, it was ok at first when it was a few celebrities but now everyone is doing it!

britguy said:
@Grav you can just donate to charity instead, that was the original thing, the Ice Challenge was like the forfeit for not donating initially.

Fed up of seeing my FB timeline full of people doing it tbh, it was ok at first when it was a few celebrities but now everyone is doing it!

Just did some research, apparently you have to donate $100 if you don't participate. Seriously? (facepalm) Sounds like Blackmail if it's the right term to describe it.

Not to mention I don't have that much to donate, not for another month (rest were occupied for pre-orders/soon to be paid or spent already).

Also, what about folks who don't have the money and get nominated but don't want to participate for their own reasons? How are they going to handle the situation?

UPDATE - I don't mean to offend anyone about this, it's just my thoughts on the whole thing. I get the fact that this viral campaign has helped ALS with a ton of donations (about $70 million so far) but I'm a wimp and I'm afraid that I would be shunned upon by everyone if I don't participate on the whole thing.

FIXED - Turns out it's way higher than I thought.

Don't have the money, don't want to do the challenge then don't. You're not being forced to do anything, and people aren't gonna picket your house if you do neither.

That's what I hate about these trends, especially social media ones. It gets to a point where people feel like they HAVE to do something and have to join in otherwise they're doing something wrong or being selfish.

I'm quite sure the likes of Bill Gates et al have donated more than enough money to cover the 'costs' of everyone on this board, so I wouldn't worry about it, Norm. :wink:

Agreed, if you don't want to do it then you don't have to. It's just peer pressure; donate to causes you want to donate to.

I'm lucky as not only have I never been nominated but none of my friends or family members are doing it either, so the insanity of the wider world has yet to reach as far as my cosy little pocket of the Internet ^^;

R

I wouldn't worry about it NormanicGrav. I was nominated and I simply put up a status saying thank you for the nomination and that I would be donating £5. I then said others should donate a little too, challenge or not, since it was simply a good cause. No one has said anything mean to me and it's been fine :)

I was staying over at my best friend's house the other day and I just thought how much I'm going to miss her! She's leaving for Aberdeen in September and I think I'm going to just break down. I really love her to bits.
I'm supposed to be trying to put together a portfolio to try to apply to the second year of the painting course next year so I can be with her. I missed out on the whole UCAS process this year because that's when my depression came to light and I suffered really badly around that time. I wish I hadn't missed out :( it's really hard to be left in limbo right now. It's just a year I guess.

Ikr.
I still remember West Brom beating Newcastle on that wet dreary new years day, then afterward watching the crapile that was Gravity. Man, this year has flown!

The Ice Bucket Challenge is for attention seekers. Based ony my FB of course. It's like the new "no make up selfie". Yeah you'll show your face or a video of yourself but you won't donate a penny! Eugh >.<

TGIF! three day weekend courtesy of working the bank hol just gone, it's my day in lieu. Should get about £120 for working that bank hol. Mmmmmm double pay.

I actually had a rage about the Ice Bucket Challenge on facebook a couple days back. I think the issue i had was that, the general UK populous probably know it better as Motoneuron disease rather than ALS, so a lot of them won't have a clue what it's for. And the other problem is, noone ever points out in their videos where to donate (alsa and the macmillan cancer research). Annoys me. If you're going to take part, mention where to donate and donate yourself! blahhhh.

Anyways, day off today. time to work on getting outta here. Finally starting to find a few jobs i can jump into after finishing my course. It's nice seeing things finally open up for me.

Back