The General Conversation Area

I visited Sheffield to prepare for my first day at University today. Found my apartment area and the directions to Hallam, the ODEON (which is next door to the uni lol), HMV and others. A bloody walk with rain pouring around slightly and my feet were literally killing me. I'm not sure whether I should be excited or nervous as I'm meeting strangers completely (like the first day of secondary school). Not to mention that as I'm going a Gaming course it shouldn't be hard making some Gaming friends but the question that I would like to discover is whether there are other Otakus around. One can dream I suppose, yet again there's a Japanese Visual Arts society with anime/manga included so there's hope.

NormanicGrav said:
I visited Sheffield to prepare for my first day at University today.
When I am in Sheffield I find myself disposed to wash my hands using its numerous public water features. These include (but are not limited to):
  • The metallic wall outside the railway station, from which water cascades;
  • The decorative artificial stream outside the Hallam buildings;
  • The ball-shaped water fountains on Millenium Square;
  • The decorative streams on the public square outside the Town Hall.
I do not yet know whether this benefits or impairs my general cleanliness, but the opportunities do tempt me so.

Oh my, I just noticed the similarities between the speech styles of Zin5ki and.....

Teal'c.

It helps that I have been marathonning SG-1 recently too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am training a retard at work (really sorry if that words offends) at the moment. I've trained someone in my team prior to him and she picked it up perfectly. I've trained 4 people before her in my old team, all fine, no complaints about work anyone i trained was doing.
This guy, is sh*t. I have never had to go into so much detail with anyone before. Like really pointless detail, common sense stuff. Stuff like "to fill in the MTI EMEA section we pull stats from the section called MTI EMEA on this tab of this file". It's driving me even more bonkers that his "notes" are WORDS. Just WORDS. No sentences, bullet points, anything. I went through something as simple on Monday as "these 4 queues *tells him queues* complete this stat". The next two days hes completing this stat wrong, turns out...he "only has one queue written down for this". I just flat out said, "WRITE THEM ALL DOWN NOW THEN". today I had to force him to write notes and whenever he said no he wasn't going to bother writing a note about this part I had to say "well you best not need to ask me about this tomorrow then" so he goes and makes a note. Ha!

Whats worse is this douche is my superior and makes more money (!!!) yet my manager is still giving me this guys work and I have a feeling he will continue to do so. My manager has till December to get away with it as if this doesn't make me exceed in my appraisal (you get auto bonus or payrise for an exceed result), then im asking to internally apply. Simples.

I'd love to say I'm happy it's the weekend but I'm not :( my boyfriend is being a tw*t. He's always a tw*t when he goes back to his parents. I get shut out, he has no desire to talk to me. Basically living a second life there, one without me. Fuming.

Oh, but I did go to Rome a second time and was off the first two weeks of September which was very nice :)

How is everyone? I'm sorry I've been away so long :(

Whelp, this is the day I'll be heading to University. Don't know how long it will take for me to get the internet sorted but once it has, I'll be able to watch Crunchyroll & YouTube with no problems thanks to its fibre optic service. Oh, and I can finally update Steam.

Today's bulletin:

I remembered not to fasten my laces too vigorously this morning. On previous occasions I have denied my ankles optimum flexibility, marring my otherwise comfortable attire.

As regards the content of last night's dream, I recall accidentally riding a metal scooter of which I enjoyed no ownership. Fortunately I felt a degree of contrition for this misdoing.

As I write this, a flatmate is practicing Chopin's Ballade No. 4 (Op.52). He does enjoy his piano.

Met up with the ex today with a view to being friends. It had been quite clear from her attitude before hand that she wanted to avoid the 'conversation' at all costs though, so I relented and told her I was totally past it all and just wanted to start fresh as friends.

Am I hell.

As a whole things went great, it was friendly it was fun. But the more time I spent with her and the more I was reminded about all the things I liked about her the more I knew I still wanted her. Even the things I now know I don't like about her (she puts herself about quite a bit and will probably never settle into a committed relationship) I just didn't care about. Yeah, I still have some feelings for her, and I want to tell her, but if I do so then I know we can't be friends and I do want to be friends with her because it is fun spending time with her. I talked to her about how I felt about other things, but feel as if I've got no one to talk to about how I feel about her. Of course one of the things I spoke to her about was a date I had on Saturday with another girl, which I thought went terribly on my part so much so I apologised to the girl, yet she wanted to go out again which baffled me.

Things today mostly weren't awkward between us, but at the end there were a couple wee things she said that I just felt cut right to me and coming home from today I just felt terrible because I'm so confused over how much I still like her, I just wanted to break down. I think the only way to get past it is to try and distract myself, but I just don't have the passion for the things I used to distract myself with anymore. I'm barely going to the cinema, I'm struggling to get excited over any anime/manga, hell, I've not even booked a ticket for a single film at SLA this year, and still don't know if I will. If I can make something happen with this other girl, who I'm convinced doesn't like me, but part of my problem is I don't think anyone likes me, then maybe that can help me move past it.

Urgh, emotional ramble over. Everyone move along nothing to see here.

After two good driving lessons last week, today's was shaky to say the least. For the first twenty minutes or so I was stalling at every junction... Things got better in the second half-hour, but my confidence has definitely been knocked down a peg or two. :?

Well my boyfriend never wears the sun & stars bracelet I had made for him. He threw it at me today because I ended up not wearing a necklace he bought me because he opted to start perving on a girl on TV he's been perving on for a while now, like deliberately putting on the channel she's on and stuff and it p*ssed me off so I said I wasn't wearing it.
Upsetting and annoying thing is though, that he made a bracelet for himself and his ex back in the day and he wore it EVERYDAY whilst they were together and even for a while after they broke up. Hurtful.

Does anyone else have a beast of a cold? It's going around the office. I fought one off for over a month and woke up with it on Monday. It's leaving my head slowly and is moving to my throat. I have a stupid cough, it feels like sandpaper and my voice sounds like something died in my throat haha.

Well I just had a great day today, my induction for University is done and I hanged around with my mates throughout town. We found Forbidden Planet and Waterstones (both had some manga) and I bought some films/manga along the way. I also successfully joined the Japanese Visual Arts Society for Hallam Union and spoke to the president himself who's trying to make it good for the society's fourth year. Overall I bought Volumes 10-12 (Omnibus 4) of Neon Genesis Evangelion and the first volume of Higurashi: When They Cry (a rather lucky find there) for manga alongside Evangelion 1.11 on Blu-ray plus two (or three) World War II films; Downfall (the final days of Nazi Germany and Hitler) and Flags of the Fathers/Letters from Two Jima (the perspectives of the Americans and Japanese from the Pacific part of WWII) on Blu-ray. Unfortunately the Blu-ray version of From Up on Poppy Hill wasn't available so I was a bit annoyed with that but HMV does have a good section of Anime Blu-rays from Bleach movies to Tales of Vesperia.

I could hardly fail to notice the cellist outside the Tate Modern this afternoon. He played with a forceful allegro. On closer inspection I discovered the source of his vigour: beside him stood an opened can of Newcastle Brown Ale.

Been to a meeting with a job agency today (Cherry Professional). Also had a phone call from Harper Recruitment asking if I wanted my CV to be put forward for a temp job (4 week job to help a company catch up with a backlog of invoices). I agreed so I am waiting to hear if I will get the job - there are 4 places available and since they are needed to start on Monday there will not be interviews.

Kite said:
I have a cold :(

Couldn't even shake it off by sitting in the sauna.
Always thought that would worsen the situation, or at least seem dangerous - If you fainted due to the heat and illness, that could of been devastating for you...

Awesome... I might try that next time I'm under the weather... I suppose it does balance out the temp of the body overall, rather than one area: pseudo-equalization trick, maybe?

Back