The General Conversation Area

Why the hell were there FRENCH bots is what I'm wondering. It's not unusual to see the Kitchen spammers or another English spammer. But French?
I was wondering if you guys have started drawing straws or something yet to decide who does the cleaning up.

Arbalest said:
I wish i had more time to study SEO
On a related tangent, my LinkedIn profile takes the top place on Google's results when one enters my surname as a query. Due to the size of my extended family, this is quite an achievement.

20thCenturyBoy said:
I've had some pretty good things happening the last few weeks :D I met a girl

So we've broke up :(

We had that amazing perfect night the last time we saw each other and then she kinda dropped off her communication with me. She basically didn't respond to any of my texts/calls over the last week. I was feeling paranoid that something was up, but was kind of hoping I was just over thinking things and being super pessimistic as usual, but turns out I was right. She finally texted me back this morning saying she didn't think things could work between us because her ex has been around lately and she still has feelings for him.

I feel like crap. I really liked her and thought she liked me, she says she did. I feel like an idiot for telling people that we were going out, here was me telling John in the work, quite confidently, that he could mark me down as a +1 for his party. I thought that for once in my life things were about to go right, I felt so great about being with her, as things went on I lost a bit of "affection" for all my other interests, anime included. I realised that all the things I spent my time doing were there just to help as escapism and to fill the void I felt in my life. Now I don't know what to do.

I've asked if there's a chance we could stay friends, as I did genuinely enjoy her company, and she says she'd like to do that. But I've said I need some time to get over this first.

:cry:

This may be cruel and blunt for this incident (and feel free to provably slap me for asking since I haven't the full details), but it didn't seem like there was much fight in that altercation. She had an ex and still has "feelings" for them - And...? Is this meant to be the surprise we're all waiting for? Is there an out-right reason why they split? If there was something about that other person that wooed her the 1st time, could it not strike twice, and if so was it worth the split in the 1st place? (Those last few questions are for her to deal with, not you.)

What I can see from this is that you had fun with her, and you liked her company. But was there a proper face-to-face conversation to determine closure and reasoning? None of this text bull - text is for notifications, not discussions. If you chatted when you asked for friendship, I can't say I disapprove as that's a better step. But there's just a lot of mist covering the landscape - nothing clear-cut and resolved.
I dont know what was said between you 2, but I don't think there was enough said from my understanding. It just sounded like there was a bump in the road, and you just looked at it and turned. My response to that text would be to immediately organise a time/place to discuss the issue (if you watched many rom-coms, that seems to be the coffee shop, but it's to your fancy). You attempted it at the start and I'm glad you did. However, when that text came, it sounds like that week of stress weighed heavy on you and it mowed you down when you saw the message. Even as a friend, that's not fair to you, and if there was a strong enough desire to keep that relationship going, then someone should have tried to convince the other that what they were doing was wrong. (In a sense that they gave the wrong answer, rather than immorally wrong.) I'm not saying do something stupid like stalk them, tell them they're degrading or anything like that.

Make a list of pros+cons on your relationship and then show her, tell her the top 5 things/experiences you had between yourselves, tell her how much change there was between before and after you met, serenade, tell her a story - from somewhere or make up one for how the relationship would go (like a plan ahead). These would be options for you, no matter how silly they seemed - Some stupid things are worth doing to prove a point.

You shouldn't of had to be dejected and feel like a failure. I'm not saying she's evil or is a bad person - people make mistakes, and I dont think she fully understood her repercussions. These are things that could of been done, but that may be a ship that's sailed. I'm not going to tell you what to do next - if you are comfortable befriending her, that's your choice and please don't resent her or think of the pain. Forgiveness (if that's the right term for this, if not, understanding) is the best course in this field. Otherwise, do what you think is right and what makes sense to you. Just dont think that everything returns to escapism - you live the life you choose, whether it's active or not. The only way to deal with it is to either face it head on or avoid it - and in both cases, you could be missing out on something. (Either a bullet or an experience.)

Chaz said:
What I can see from this is that you had fun with her, and you liked her company. But was there a proper face-to-face conversation to determine closure and reasoning? None of this text bull - text is for notifications, not discussions. If you chatted when you asked for friendship, I can't say I disapprove as that's a better step. But there's just a lot of mist covering the landscape - nothing clear-cut and resolved.
I dont know what was said between you 2, but I don't think there was enough said from my understanding. It just sounded like there was a bump in the road, and you just looked at it and turned. My response to that text would be to immediately organise a time/place to discuss the issue

Just want to focus on this point. I would like to have a face to face discussion with her, but I'm going away on holiday on Thursday morning. There's really no chance of us being able to meet between now and then. I'd rather not think that she waited this long deliberately to tell me knowing that I was going away, it's not out with the realm of possibility, but I'd still not like to think she's that kind of person. When I come back I will speak to her and hopefully we'll meet up and discuss it as there are some things I want to ask her (notably at what point her ex began hanging around). I also would've liked to actually "speak" to her, but when I tried calling immediately after receiving the text she didn't answer, I think she was probably wanting to avoid doing so. But it's probably going to be better that I wait those couple of weeks before talking about it as I don't want to go into it with my emotions running so high that I potentially make things worse. I'd like to think I could be friends with her, but I'll need to see what my feelings are being around her in that sense.

I am feeling a bit better now, the whole not knowing what was going on over the last week was killing me more than anything. There's still more I'd obviously like to know, but at least for now I have a partial answer.

Went for another job interview on Wednesday (3rd in around a week). No definite timeframe for finding out whether I'll get one of the jobs (they all had other people to interview).

Got an award for customer service at work today, which really shocked me, as I've spent the past few weeks engaging in responsibilities away from customer service. The rewards are fairly mundane, but this was the best of a bad bunch.

VoxPhantom said:
Got an award for customer service at work today, which really shocked me, as I've spent the past few weeks engaging in responsibilities away from customer service. The rewards are fairly mundane, but this was the best of a bad bunch.

Congrats on the award.

Even though it sounds like getting multi-shop gift-vouchers would have been better (at least you can spend them on whatever you like)

Continuing the job topic, i'm in a bit of a rut atm. Trying to find jobs in edinburgh/glasgow as much as i can ends up with basically no real results because my "area of expertise" and my education aren't really required. I have supervisor training, i have a personal license(i can legally sell alcohol/age related products), i have a maths degree as well. Yet nothing but one job in sainsburys. And people wonder why everyone gets depressed over this all, hah.

Does anyone know where would be the best place to get training for SEO is? be it online guides or whatever. I've been reading into it all more and more as of late and the prospect of doing SEO work freelance is extremely tempting.

Arbalest said:
" I have supervisor training, i have a personal license(i can legally sell alcohol/age related products)
license? you need one of them in scotland? aslongs as you follow the law and are over 18 you can sell the things to whoever the hell you want here.

I wish bloody royal mail would go on strike already, maybe i'd finally be able to get stuff i order without the **** losing/robbing it

Ryo Chan said:
Arbalest said:
" I have supervisor training, i have a personal license(i can legally sell alcohol/age related products)
license? you need one of them in scotland? aslongs as you follow the law and are over 18 you can sell the things to whoever the hell you want here.

I wish bloody royal mail would go on strike already, maybe i'd finally be able to get stuff i order without the **** losing/robbing it

A personal license basically means that, i can authorise the sales of alcohol in a store. If you are a regular staff member then you don't need to worry about it, abide the law and be over 18 and you're fine.
You need them in england as well otherwise retail can't sell Age related products. Basically, you need a premises license and a personal license. one lets you sell products in an allotted store and personal lets you authorise it legally. No personal license holder, no right to sale. No right to sale, £5000 fine + criminal record.

I was filling forms in somebody's office today. Oddly, it appeared that in such a workplace it was permitted, nay expected, to listen to the wireless during working hours. As the device was tuned to the popular station, I had no choice but to combat the distractions of a gentleman repeatedly asserting that I am gold, that I have the power to know, and that I am indestructible. The first and third points are blatantly false, and the second is trivially admissible.

At least it wasn't Heart, you would have got Adele singing about how she can set fire to the rain, or how see is rolling in a deep puddle

Should I take as an omen that I'm taking part in our upcoming National Kickboxing Championships on a weekend predicted to be the coldest and windiest one in recent memory?

Back