The General Conversation Area

Afternoon Voddas! Good to hear life is treating you and your progeny (that's an excellent name btw) well.

So, what have you been watching in your absence?

ayase said:
Afternoon Voddas! Good to hear life is treating you and your progeny (that's an excellent name btw) well.
Long time no read Ayase! Thanks, it is an excellent name isn't it.

ayase said:
So, what have you been watching in your absence?
I've watched many things in my absence (as it has been a while), most recently and fresh in my mind however (as in the past 5 months) I've watched "Fate/Zero" which prompted a rewatch of "Fate/Stay". I've also watched "Bubble Gum Crisis" (1987) Awesome! This prompted a rewatch of "Bubble Gum Crisis Tokyo" (13 eps into it). Then I watched "Accell World" and now I've most recently started on "Sword Art Online" (9 eps in) and quite enjoying it so far.

Well that's what's fresh in my mind I'm sure there's more but I can't think right now.

Non anime wize, I've been working threw all my "MythBusters", "How I met Your Mother" and "Criminal Minds", all from season 1. I spend a lot of time infront of the TV these days. Hah!

You been up to much Ayase? What's the work life doing to you these days?

@Mono - Thanks. I'm quite fond of it myself. :)

The original Bubblegum Crisis OVAs are brilliant. One of my all time favourites. Can't say I've seen any of the others, any good?

As for me, I'm currently on the dole, which I don't really enjoy (though mainly due to lack of disposable income). I'm looking to get into education again, if possible, to learn some more skills so that I can do something more... removed from sales and customer service. All I know is that I've had enough of dealing with overly demanding, condescending customers and incompetent, over-paid and under-worked bosses to last me several lifetimes. Ungrateful time-wasting soul-sucking moronic bastards to a man.

Other than that I'm well! Enjoying living by the sea again, getting a lot of gaming in, fulfilling the terms of my job seeker's agreement and trying to keep my thirsty but awesome car on the road. How about you Voddas? What are you up to these days (other than being a dad, obviously)?

mangaman74 said:
Welcome back Voddas. Good choice for the little one's name.
Gracias Mang! I would love to say I'm back, but I'm just passing through. Hope all's well!

ayase said:
The original Bubblegum Crisis OVAs are brilliant. One of my all time favourites. Can't say I've seen any of the others, any good?
It's not as good as the originla OVA imo. Although that maybe me being favourable to the 80s. Still a good watch as long as you don't mind a heavy 90s feel. Reminds me of the original turtles cartoon when I think about it. Hah! If you enjoyed the original OVA I'd say it was worth the watch.

ayase said:
As for me, I'm currently on the dole, which I don't really enjoy (though mainly due to lack of disposable income). I'm looking to get into education again, if possible, to learn some more skills so that I can do something more... removed from sales and customer service. All I know is that I've had enough of dealing with overly demanding, condescending customers and incompetent, over-paid and under-worked bosses to last me several lifetimes. Ungrateful time-wasting soul-sucking moronic bastards to a man.

Other than that I'm well! Enjoying living by the sea again, getting a lot of gaming in, fulfilling the terms of my job seeker's agreement and trying to keep my thirsty but awesome car on the road.
The dole may not be the best situation to be in but at least you still have your car and your health... you still have your health don't you?! :eek:

My job is heavily Customer Services so I feel your pain Ayase. If only I had the money to own my own buisness, that buisness would be an anime/manga/gaming cafe and the world was full of people who loved it! Wait.. did I wander off into fantasy there?

:edit:
What am I upto? Well like you said, my life has mostly been orbiting around Harvey these past few months.
Besides the fatherhood roll, I'm stuck in a rutt with regards to work. I've been doing teh same thing for 7 years and I'm getting the itch. Not that I can easily scratch it now I have another mouth in the house. Ah, speaking of house, I have a new one! I'm all about the garden and having my own drive and garage now (look at the big man on campus). Hah! It's awesome! But expensive! O__O

We're all good and getting by without difficulty so I can't ask for more! Well, actually I could (lottery win please)! Hah!

Great to hear all the good news coming from you, Voddads. :lol:
I wish the best for you and your family (especially lil' H.J) on the new home and upbringing.

So welcome back, friend. So what has been the best/worst situations have you been in since we last saw you? The forums demands dirt! :D

Now that you mentioned that, I realise I can actually go take a look at little Harvey James =)
You got a cute boy there, Voddas, congratulations!

Chaz said:
So welcome back, friend. So what has been the best/worst situations have you been in since we last saw you? The forums demands dirt! :D
Thanks Chaz. Hah.

To be honest the best situation I've been in (not to sound stereotypical/soppy) was being present at the birth of my son. I was there on the front row watching it all unfold over the course of many hours. It was magical. I even cut the cord! :D

The worst situation would have to be... the birth of my son. I SAW EVERYTHING! Is was scary as fook! It took HOURS!

:p

Really, all I have is baby on the brain all the time. I've changed... =_=

...but I'm ok with it. ^__^

chaos said:
Now that you mentioned that, I realise I can actually go take a look at little Harvey James =)
Thanks mate. He's a right little star/otaku project. :D

I like the way you describe him as an otaku project haha.

I'd say welcome, but i've already spoken to you on email today lol

I've been fairly quiet the past week, mainly due to my bank account being wiped of hundreds of pounds, that aside i'm STILL working on the car haha.

Voddas i'll probably call at some stage this weekend, blacks on about getting married and we need to organise a good gate crashing comittee/Plan.

Tachi said:
Voddas i'll probably call at some stage this weekend, blacks on about getting married and we need to organise a good gate crashing comittee/Plan.

You know, you say these things outloud...I do still come here :p Plus it's all set up now, we've got the place and date booked in, and soon the photographer and reception venue will follow. Plus with Theo just scant weeks away it seems everything is coming on all at once, but then I can say is...

Bring it.

Surprised the missus and her auntie last sunday, went round Jenny's cousins house to see her little arrival, and I had him for most of the afternoon, and I think people were expecting to see me be nervous or holding him akwardly...They were shocked to say the least. I'm a natural when it comes to kids. Plus for some reason, all babies and kids I've come across all stare at me for some strange reason...it's a bit un-nerving..

Voddas said:
chaos said:
Thanks mate. He's a right little star/otaku project. :D

My friend wants to start a website for Geek parents, where they can exchange info on how to cosplay their kids, what is kid safe anime and manga to introduce the kids to, etc.... She just had a baby a couple months ago and she has also has an older kid as well (I think it's around 7 yo).

Another friend of mine cosplays with her toddler as well.

With that said, please don't make little Harvey James cosplay Two Face or the commissioner so soon.... ;)

chaos said:
Another friend of mine cosplays with her toddler as well.

That's something I won't be doing...Not because I don't agree with it, but more so then I don't look like a hypocrite :p Since I told Jenny that she can't dress Theo up in daft little outfits which make him look like a pumpkin >_>, so in principal I have to be against all similar situations as well otherwise I'll turn my back for a minute and Theo will turn into an apple or some kind of animal.

chaos said:
My friend wants to start a website for Geek parents, where they can exchange info on how to cosplay their kids, what is kid safe anime and manga to introduce the kids to, etc.... She just had a baby a couple months ago and she has also has an older kid as well (I think it's around 7 yo).
If they made that website, I would definately get it looked at. I was 16 when I really got into anime/manga so I wouldn't know where to even start with Harvey. Bebop and Overfiend may not go down well. Hah!

chaos said:
With that said, please don't make little Harvey James cosplay Two Face or the commissioner so soon.... ;)
Funny you should mention it... his Batman costume arrived in the post this week. :oops:

Yo Tachi boyo, sorry I couldn't reply properly this aftternoon. I was rather busy. Most definately up for getting on a Minecraft server btw.

Also, hi there Black! :D

Hey Voddas :p Long time no see, Hows things? Only five weeks now till I join the dad army :) Also Theo is not seeing Overfiend till he's got kids of his own...Don't want him thinking that's how babies are made!

Also just noticed that the the bit under our avatar's now have the exact time when we joined on...Didn't realise I joined that time of night mind...

I say these things aloud because i'm sure you'll see, infact i count on it lol how else can we organise a gate crash if you don't let us know venues lol.

Actually feeling great today, i've had a pretty crap 2 weeks but i've turned up early to work today and just got on with it all, its not dragging and all the figures i'm generating are pretty much setups for more SLA talks.

Really looking forward to the weekend, it's my dad's birthday so i'll take him to the pub :)

Been feeling up and down all week, today ended up on the lower end of the scale. Just feel I have absolutely nothing in my life right now, personally or career wise. I'm stuck in a nothing job with ever dwindling hours, get rejected for everything I apply for and I'm still waiting for my dream career to take off. I've sunk 3 years into doing this since leaving Uni and feel I've got nothing to show for it but a bunch of unread piles of paper that will remain unread. I feel like giving up and settling into some ****** little job I hate and suffer in silence until I grow old and die alone. I don't think it helps that my big sister is moving away to a brilliant new job, I just feel I'm constantly in her shadow achievement wise and forever will be.

Back