The General Conversation Area

Wow, I have to admit I'm always surprised when I come across an anime fan who doesn't know what AoD is. Not that that's a bad thing. :)

I do really, really like the idea of specific, organized discussion threads, especially for old shows. I don't like a whole bunch of the regular posters on AoD, and the overly cliquey feel, though, so it would be great to have some discussion like that here.

edit: when I say "like that" I obviously don't mean with a really cliquey feel. :p

chaos said:
What is AoD? I actually thought about something similar (a spoilerful discussion thread)

Something like "Naruto eps XYZ" this could spark some interest, I believe.

Only problem with Naruto/Bleach is that people new to the show, who may wanna start it, will have alot to catch up on.

However, if there was a Bleach weekly discussion, i'd happily join. (The new episode is out today :p)

*Stretches*
Morning!
Nice too see how active this thread has been already. ^^
What was everyone upto last night? I watched 5 episodes of Grey's Anatomy with the misses. My god that show is depressing...
Watched "Spirited Away" last night to help me sleep. Studio Ghibli always has a way of winding me down.

Morning Voddas
How's work? Any of your colleagues manage to turn up today? lol

I spent last night tidying up and cleaning, watched Battlestar Galatica and the next episode of Tsukihime.
I never managed to start watching Grey's Anatomy, it always looked a bit...melodramatic. I prefer House :D
So what's your favourite Studio Ghibil film then?

Morning Panda.
I LOVE House! I'm watching the latest series in conjuction with America at the moment. Can't get enought of it. Much better than GA by far. ^^

My favourite Ghibli Movie you say!! That's a tough one. Hmm... I think I'd have to say "Nasuicaa - Of the Valley of the Wind". Yep, that's my favourite. What's yours?

EDIT/ On the work colleage front... The same amount of people called in sick again but (get this) they were different people off. I hate working short handed. T_T

Ooh hmmm, I think I'd have to say My Neighbour Totoro, because I love the idea that there's still magic in this world, that only children can see. And I love the cat-bus :)
That would be followed a close second by Howl's Moving Castle, because I'm a sucker for romance. The story isn't as good as the book, but still the animation and the design of the characters and the castle itself is amazing.

As to your colleagues - hmm that sounds very strange. Maybe it's your turn for a sickie tomorrow then...

It's more tempting than you realise lol. I'm building my Flexi up at the moment tho so I need to be here... yay...

I love "My Neighbour Totoro" also, and yes the cat-bus is the only way to travel. Heh. Also enjoyed "H's Moving Castle", but don't own that one on DVD. Rented it from Blockbuster once. Wouldn't mind seeing it again as it was quite a while ago since I watched it.

I love Nausicaa probably because it was the first Ghibli movie I owned on DVD. I've also seen the movie more times than any other anime or non anime I've ever seen. Definately over 100 times at least (no joke). I've never got bored of it either....
...do you think that's strange? Oo

No, I wouldn't say that's strange :) It's one of the wonderful things about Ghibli films - there's something new to see or experience or think about everytime you watch it - even if you have already seen it 100 times!

Well Sarah gets annoyed about it. Was planning on watching it again in bed last night to help me drop off but Sarah demanded I watch Spirited Away instead lol. Probably doesn't help that I say all the lines a second before their said on screen. =P

Spyro201 said:
chaos said:
What is AoD? I actually thought about something similar (a spoilerful discussion thread)

Something like "Naruto eps XYZ" this could spark some interest, I believe.

Only problem with Naruto/Bleach is that people new to the show, who may wanna start it, will have alot to catch up on.

However, if there was a Bleach weekly discussion, i'd happily join. (The new episode is out today :p)

Annoyingly enough there was a bleach weekly manga discussion thread but it seemed that i was the only one posting there in the end :(

....Hi Panda and Voddas :p

@Voddas - Haha I can see how that would get annoying :lol:
Although, I do the same thing when I watch Labyrinth AND I sing along with all the songs :D
That has to be the film I've seen the most times - but I don't think I've reached 100 on that one yet...

EDIT/ Morning Black :) how's things?

Hehe sorry about that...

I think it's a good idea to have a weekly discussion thread. It probably would have to be for something that's generally popular like Bleach or Naruto, as, otherwise, everyone on this forum seems to have such wide ranging tastes, it's pretty difficult to find someone else that's watching the same series as you at the same time!

That's why i created the All Purpose Gundam Thread :p with that one you can be on a different series to other people but still talk about it :) Talking about Gundam that's what i'm researching currently...

-You remind me of the babe!
-What babe?
-Babe with the power!
-What Power?
-Power of Voodoo!
-Who do?
-You do!
-Do what?
-Remind me of the babe?

*ahem* Yeah, that ones for panda. (I love Labrynth)

@Black: Morning mate! Gundam thread sounds cool however I would be an amateur to your knowledge! :p

lol i love that film as well..Cat from red dwarf is in it :p

@Voddas don't worry about things like that just post in there :) converstations won't spring up on their ow you know :p (not spefic anime ones mind)

I, unfortunately, know so little about gundam I've not been able to add anything as yet, but it's nice to see such an active thread pop up :)

@Voddas - thanks for that :D I've got that song in my head now and it's really cheered me up!
@Black - Cat from red dwarf is one of the fire creatures right? :)

Yep, the ones who can remove their heads, you can defintely tell its him on the films soundtrack, he gets a little vocal part to himself. I only found out myself when i looked through the litle booklet that came with the CD and found him on the credits for the song :lol:

The music in labyrinth is ace. I've got the soundtrack on my amazon wishlist :)

I keep meaning to pick up the return to labyrinth manga, but I'm really not sure it'll be any good and I don't want to ruin my perception of the film by reading the rubbish sequel, if you see what I mean.

Back