The General Conversation Area

Titan said:
NormanicGrav said:
I'm so pissed of at the moment.

I was unable to receive one of my items from UP1 as it went OOS, but I found one on ebay and as usual requires PayPal.

What did you order?

Freezing Limited Edition, there's one available for about £90 (luckily I sorted out my PayPal but I need to wait a few days to verify my card).

Reason I wanted the LE so that it would blend well with Vibration (obviously Funi will get the home rights since Fan Service sells for them).

w00d09 said:
not sure if this is the Limited Edition or not as it has the Limited Edition picture but I don't see anything stating it is in the decription but might to worth a look

http://www.play-asia.com/freezing-compl ... -5w3j.html

That's the LE, the Standard would have been $64.99 (Fun fact: The LE came first). Hmm.. isn't Play Asia caught by customs?

EDIT:

Meh, I don't honestly care about Customs it'll just add another £20 or so, I'll last the rest of the year.

Got another job interview Thursday afternoon. This one is a P/T Temp job (3 days a week until Christmas with the potential to extend beyond). Not sure how I am getting there yet. It is either a 30 minutes or so journey by bus (2 buses plus a little walking) or just over an hours walk. I might wait and see what the weather is like on the day before I decide.

Went to the job interview today. Thought it went well. Hope to find out whether I get the job sometime on Friday since they ideally want someone in place by Monday (50/50 odds as there is only one other candiate for the job).

Hope you get it mangaman :) .

Speaking of interviews, had one of the most pointless ones ever on Friday. I'd applied for a full time position in Loyds Bank starting in December, the emailed me start of last week saying I was progressing to a phone interview for the position and had to arrange when to have it. So went through the online thing and sorted it for Friday there at 5. 5 on the dot they phone, woman takes my details to check over things, that's fine...She then tells me that the position has been filled...

...Like, why bother arranging an interview then? They'd even sent me a text the day before to remind me about the interview, and no doubt there were lots of others who got the same pointless call I did. Couldn't they have just emailed me instead of making me wait around for a bloody pointless call?! TO top it all she tells me they've got part time positions available I can apply for if I want to move my application over to that. I tell her no I'm only interested in full time, so she says that's fine and will withdraw my application. She asks if I've got any questions and just out of curiosity, knowing it won't be better than what I'm currently on and explaining this to her, I ask her what the hours/pay is for the part time positions anyway. She thinks I want to apply for the part time positions then. It took me another couple of goes to get through to her that no I didn't want to apply for them and was just wanting to know the details for the sake of it.

Oh, and of course I still have issues with my "love life".Though, not so much with Megan as I've decided just to leave things as they are with her as friends. Leaving discussing it though, until I actually know more myself as to what;s going on.

Jobs which are advertised for the sake of advertising when the company has already got someone in mind for the post are annoying.

20thCenturyBoy said:
Hope you get it mangaman :) .

Speaking of interviews, had one of the most pointless ones ever on Friday. I'd applied for a full time position in Loyds Bank starting in December, the emailed me start of last week saying I was progressing to a phone interview for the position and had to arrange when to have it. So went through the online thing and sorted it for Friday there at 5. 5 on the dot they phone, woman takes my details to check over things, that's fine...She then tells me that the position has been filled...

...Like, why bother arranging an interview then? They'd even sent me a text the day before to remind me about the interview, and no doubt there were lots of others who got the same pointless call I did. Couldn't they have just emailed me instead of making me wait around for a bloody pointless call?! TO top it all she tells me they've got part time positions available I can apply for if I want to move my application over to that. I tell her no I'm only interested in full time, so she says that's fine and will withdraw my application. She asks if I've got any questions and just out of curiosity, knowing it won't be better than what I'm currently on and explaining this to her, I ask her what the hours/pay is for the part time positions anyway. She thinks I want to apply for the part time positions then. It took me another couple of goes to get through to her that no I didn't want to apply for them and was just wanting to know the details for the sake of it.

Oh, and of course I still have issues with my "love life".Though, not so much with Megan as I've decided just to leave things as they are with her as friends. Leaving discussing it though, until I actually know more myself as to what;s going on.

Thanks 20thCenturyBoy, but I have already been told I did not get the job. The feedback said that I did well at the interview. While I would have liked to have got the job at the end of the day it was not a long term job as it was only until Christmas helping to clear a backlog of work.

Hope you fair better yourself in the future with job interviews and love life as you seem to have been having problems of your own.

On day 2 of a 3 day migraine. Pain in the ****. I'm just glad I can still sleep.

Work also sucks now. A change of job/career may be in order. Hate my old Manager who's now my new Manager again. I'm the only person on my team now with the most experience. The guy who's my superior by one level and pay grade is stupid stupid stupid. Whenever I see or hear him I just think, "YOU have my job". I was a pushover back in my old department for years. Seeing all the people who's **** I'd wipe etc climb up the ladder over me, getting the jobs I deserve. I'm not letting it happen again. This guy needs to buck up his ideas and act his pay grade and job level, then I will shut up and accept that they filled the position rightly. Until that time I'm basically picking up this guy and he's getting all the pay for it. The minimum he's on is 2k more than me. He has a degree though so I'm betting he gets upto 5k more than me. He's getting paid whilst I do his job. Bull. He's been here 3 months almost and the girl he replaced was already at his level after month 1. My patience is thinning.

Kite said:
Jobs which are advertised for the sake of advertising when the company has already got someone in mind for the post are annoying.

This x100000000000.

@Dannielle - Put in a complaint about him. Stand up for yourself and tell people that you deserve more. Easier said than done, I know.

I've been complaining about him for a month now. My old and new Manager keep using that he's new as an excuse but I'm sorry, the level the girl he replaced was at by this time was 10 fold where he is. So I'm doing my job and two thirds of his atm. In my one to one with both I even told them I feel I'm doing his job, that he has my job and that I dont want it to be 6 months down the line and I'm still doing his work with none of the career and financial benefits. They basically nodded and said well if I'm an F doing G grade work that means I'm exceeding. Translation: I could get an exceeds on my appraisal. Getting an exceed means you will get a bonus or payrise. I'm sorry but doing his job and having people think he's competent because im the f*cker behind ghe curtain making him look good whilst getting a financial thank you every year isn't good enough. I want to be seen as the G, have my name above his on the org chart so everyone can see I'm directly under my Manager for seniority.

So yeah I've told myself to give this tool 6 months to get his act together as thats how long we had the girl he replaced for and she was great. I still had more knowledge but she made the cut and I respected her being my senior, I have no respect for him so thats what I'm giving him time to gain. If he doesnt make the cut, I'm going to ask for his job and if I don't get it, I will no longer being doing his work since I'm not a senior. If I don't get an exceed in Decembers appraisal, I'm asking to apply straight away as if I dont get an exceed for these past few months, I never will so I'm wasting my time. Eugh!

I'm off from November 13th-December 2nd so they'll all suffer in my absence. I'll be happy :)

Hope so! It's taking him like 3 hours longer than me to complete a piece of work and he's not taking a lunch hour in order to now finish it that "quick". Before last week it would take him from 9-4.30/5 to finish that piece or work too! This piece of work is literally meant to be a morning thing, it's not just meant to be his only task each day which basically, it has been minus an email inbox clearance and running 3 macros between 8 and 8.30am. He's never once finishes on time either and two of our team goals is to finish a days work in a day (sounds easy right!) and to limit overtime. Two things he cannot do. Yet after almost 3 months, him being new is still an excuse. Oh also, they're saying cause he doesnt come from a Financial background as an excuse too. Blah blah I didnt when I was 19 and joined and was FINE, even coming to this team 2 years ago, it was still brand new to me since its a new department dealing with cash (i used to deal with trades and stuff) and he used to work in CIS so its not like hes completely foreign to data input and stuff. It's all bull.

So i managed the impossible for me today, i got a phone interview. i completely cocked it up!, but i got a phone interview. I can't honestly take this as a bad thing because i've not actually made it to the interview stage before, now i have. things can only go up from here, and i hope they keep doing so.

A solitary magpie rapped at my window early this morning. Its purpose became clear soon after it took wing upon my attempted intervention; the old metallic tea-light on my window sill was nowhere to be seen. Since I have no need for soggy candles, the avian did me a favour.

I had my interview for the new Auditor & Auditor Supervisor roles today. I think the face to face interview went fine, but they gave me a couple tests to do at the end, read text and answer some questions about it, where you get 70 seconds per question. Hopefully they won't use those results, I wouldn't mind getting either job (as it means I will have a job after the 15th November)

Kite said:
I had my interview for the new Auditor & Auditor Supervisor roles today.
We can establish that the prospective auditor has a designated supervisor. But who, one might ask, will audit that supervisor? Presumably the company will soon be recruiting for an Auditor Supervisor Auditor, along with a corresponding supervisor.

This will, in turn, create the need for a new managerial position: the Auditor, Auditor Supervisor, Auditor Supervisor Auditor and Auditor Supervisor Auditor Supervisor Team Leader. Who will in turn need an auditor.

Zin5ki said:
Kite said:
I had my interview for the new Auditor & Auditor Supervisor roles today.
We can establish that the prospective auditor has a designated supervisor. But who, one might ask, will audit that supervisor? Presumably the company will soon be recruiting for an Auditor Supervisor Auditor, along with a corresponding supervisor.

This will, in turn, create the need for a new managerial position: the Auditor, Auditor Supervisor, Auditor Supervisor Auditor and Auditor Supervisor Auditor Supervisor Team Leader. Who will in turn need an auditor.

There is already a manager in place to manage the supervisor.

One thing I can't get my head around though is the auditor salary is £22K, the supervisor salary is only £24K (unless I misheard in the interview). £2K a year seems not a lot extra to deal with the added stuff with being a supervisor.

Back