The General Conversation Area

I don't get nervous, but my lung does.
It always aches around exam time and last year I had a neumothorax during my IT exam!
That livened things up a bit.

You'll be glad once it's over. Then you get to start it all again in college/Uni. Either that of you have to start looking fr work....
...I love money... but I hate work... why is life so scruel. TT-TT

Sorry for moaning. Just having one of those days.

Looks like it's one of those days everywhere then. ¬_¬

I'd appreciate it, dear members of the public, if you would not take umbridge with me for offering to order a book in for you on the grounds that you are only here for the day. Best one yet: "Well that's no good to me, I'm only here for the day, aren't I?" Are you!? And what was supposed to tell me that, some kind of telepathy that you posses which I am sadly lacking..?

ayase said:
Looks like it's one of those days everywhere then. ¬_¬

I'd appreciate it, dear members of the public, if you would not take umbridge with me for offering to order a book in for you on the grounds that you are only here for the day. Best one yet: "Well that's no good to me, I'm only here for the day, aren't I?" Are you!? And what was supposed to tell me that, some kind of telepathy that you posses which I am sadly lacking..?

hahahahaha
i love those people....like a hole in the head.
todays dragging so much its driving me crazy...i'm sat here on the internet...despite knowing that my team leaders going to have a field day over internet usage again ¬_¬
i'm sorry but i work up as quick as possible...its not my fault there's nothing to keep me occupied throughout the day. and voddas not answering messages is abit annoying...oh and you too (bloody ayase)
and CG has read my PM but i think he's just realised how epic the message was and is now in a state of shock lol.

urgh....i have to go round my mates tonight because his family are all idiots who went against what i advised months ago...their letting a 1 1/2 year old play on the computer....and they didn't think something would go wrong? HELLO! TODDLERS PUT CHIPS IN DVD PLAYERS......I WOULDN'T LET THE LITTLE SHITE ANYWHERE NEAR A PC ¬_¬ so anyway....he's been left to play around on the internet....yes left to do whatever he wants.
and now they don't understand why their computer has the blue screen of death. friggin morons...

so anyway...it bluescreens around login so i'm going to try log in via safe mode and see if i can have a look in the directory or fat32....see if i can fix this...but if i can't and i can't pull all the info from the pc and put it on my external harddrive....then its a reinstallation job and he loses everything......and tbh most cases end up with the latter. so they where warned...they didn't listen....and their adorable little accident child has now f**ked it up......i should charge for service!

*sigh*

Tachi- said:
so anyway...it bluescreens around login so i'm going to try log in via safe mode and see if i can have a look in the directory or fat32....see if i can fix this...but if i can't and i can't pull all the info from the pc and put it on my external harddrive....then its a reinstallation job and he loses everything......and tbh most cases end up with the latter. so they where warned...they didn't listen....and their adorable little accident child has now f**ked it up......i should charge for service!
You don't charge?

My family stopped asking me for IT support after I started charging them. Nothing big, just a box of beer, a pizza or some packs of cigarretes and such. but doing so made them less "lazy" and more interested in learning how NOT to use a PC. =)

chaos said:
I've charged my sister to attend her marriage... Got myself and Atari 2600 out of that deal!
Smashing news! You'll now be able to enjoy the apocalyptic thrills of Missile Command!

It appears Tachi- is having IT problems at the moment. I would make a joke about the dual meaning of the word 'chips', but that'd be puerile of me...

Zin5ki said:
chaos said:
I've charged my sister to attend her marriage... Got myself and Atari 2600 out of that deal!
Smashing news! You'll now be able to enjoy the apocalyptic thrills of Missile Command!

It appears Tachi- is having IT problems at the moment. I would make a joke about the dual meaning of the word 'chips', but that'd be puerile of me...
hehe =)
Tachi emailed me a few times today. He sent me a few brilliant funny pics.

Zin5ki said:

There's no such thing as Me struggling with I.T :p in the end i told my mate it would cost 20quid an hour....may take 1 or 2 hours :) he then asked how much if i just talked him through it...i said 15 :p

So i just didn't bother going round. i'm not going to go try to fix a blue screen (as im sure anyone with an I.T background can sympathise that the Blue screen of death is a right b*st**d to fix and most of the time your bound to lose everything to a reformat.)

need to find someone who plays monster hunter :( thats the only thing i'm struggling with right now lol...my mate ben is a lazy sod who never plays it....he prefers to sit at home playing 360 and ps3

Tachi- said:
So i just didn't bother going round. i'm not going to go try to fix a blue screen (as im sure anyone with an I.T background can sympathise that the Blue screen of death is a right b*st**d to fix and most of the time your bound to lose everything to a reformat.)
I usually reformated as long as it wasn't something so serious. Always thought that this was a good way to educate people to be more carefull.
I've played the role of the geek guy who fixes distressed damsel's PCs for a a long time, it didn't get me too far, I'm afraid. Enough is enough.

Tachi- said:
need to find someone who plays monster hunter :( thats the only thing i'm struggling with right now lol...my mate ben is a lazy sod who never plays it....he prefers to sit at home playing 360 and ps3
I don't have a psp, but I've got some promo material from capcom and if I had a psp, I'd surely play. Looks really nice.

Morning people.
Just booked a car to rent for when I'm away. Going to be a Ford Fiesta, Renault Clio 5 Dr or something similar. I hope it's automatic. XD

Voddas said:
Morning people.
Just booked a car to rent for when I'm away. Going to be a Ford Fiesta, Renault Clio 5 Dr or something similar. I hope it's automatic. XD
That reminds me I need to get me a driver's license in this contry. Mine is no good anymore.
I need to sit for the theory test yet and have a few driving lessons to know the "tricks" to pass the exam.

You'll be fine Chaos. I hear the Theory can be a pain in the **** but if you know how to drive, you'll pass with flying colours.
Do you have a liscence for another country?

Voddas said:
You'll be fine Chaos. I hear the Theory can be a pain in the **** but if you know how to drive, you'll pass with flying colours.
Do you have a liscence for another country?
I have a license from Brazil.
What I mean by "tricks" is that when you know how to drive, you drive different than when you're learning - and therefore taking the exam.

You create habits, you drop little things that could cost you points, etc.

Specially when you drive as recklessly as I do =P

i presume brazil....or maybe irish driving license??

i'm well on my way to passing :D
just a little while to go now until i'll be a pink licensed friday night alchi :p (rather than a green one lol)

today is dragging.....and i'm considering just pulling out my psp and having a good few hours play....

sod it

*pulls psps out*

chaos said:
I have a license from Brazil.
What I mean by "tricks" is that when you know how to drive, you drive different than when you're learning - and therefore taking the exam.

You create habits, you drop little things that could cost you points, etc.

Specially when you drive as recklessly as I do =P
I hear that. :lol:

I know what you mean. I drive one handed half the time and definately drive faster than the suggested speed limit half the time. I know that's not good like.
It's difficult to break out of your driving routine. Old habits die hard as they say. :p

Morning Tachi... working hard I see. :lol:

Back