The General Conversation Area

Tachi said:
Accounting and Finance? Not an easy course to do at all, my gf does that at uni and alot of people dropped out in the first year because of how difficult they found it. Respect to you for doing it, i know i couldn't (even at college level)!

Cheers guys. I've got the accounting side down because I had to learn it from scratch, with no prior experience, when I worked in finance before. It's the business side that makes me twitchy. And unfortunately I have 6 assignments/tests in a 3 week period and if I fail one then I've failed the course. First one for IT is out the way and that was fine, but the first Business one is on thursday and to be quite honest it scares the living daylights out of me. Plenty of time to study though, starting tomorrow, so it'll be alright.

Expo today was great! Got in nice and early and started off with some Skyrim before moving onto Dark Souls, Star Wars:Knights Of The Old Republic, FFXIII-2, Binary Domain, Silent Hill Downpour before finishing it off with some Zelda. I passed on the big games as I'm either going to be purchasing them/have played them in betas in some form. I also got to have a chat and shake Chet Faliszek's hand but I missed out on Nolan North :( Best game was Skyrim closely followed by Binary Domain and SW:KOTOR, which was actually PVP. Took me about 6 minutes but then all of a sudden it clicked and was great fun! Worst game was Silent Hill Downpour. Pretty buggy and a poor demo all around. The guy next to me managed to glitch through the world about 3 times...

Overall pretty much like my other visit to London this year. A great day out....But without the crushing disapointment of losing a play-off final :D

Hnnnnnnnnn Skyrim. Game looks so crazy, did you have long enough to get to fight any dragons? Guess not with the way it likely was at the Expo. Might be my most anticipated game for the rest of the year, now that Diablo III has been delayed.

ilmaestro said:
Hnnnnnnnnn Skyrim. Game looks so crazy, did you have long enough to get to fight any dragons? Guess not with the way it likely was at the Expo. Might be my most anticipated game for the rest of the year, now that Diablo III has been delayed.
Diablo III has broken my heart to be fair, no modability, real money auction houses and DRM (in that order of importance) is gonna ruin it for me

ilmaestro said:

Sadly not; although I did stumble on the main quest that deals with them! It was actually laid out quite well. About 30 different people playing on different machines for about 20-30 minutes at a time. You start off with the character creator and then jump into, what seems like, the first instance of the skyrim world. It's the same place that they've showed off lately (The nice snowy one with the downstream river) and I don't think there were any restrictions as to where you could go. I went around killing wolves and bandits (Magic felt meaty and very satisfactory, didn't get too much to grip with melee but even briefly it felt better) before stumbling onto a town and the main story quest! I felt like I was running out of time so I decided to run out of town towards something on my compass at top of my screen. It turned out to be a small camp of what seemed like Half Giants! I decided to be the bigger man...And stab one of them in the leg from behind. Lets just say that he didn't appreciate that and he turned around. And stomped on me. Killing me in one hit! Fantastic! :D (Spoilered this just in case peeps don't want some of the finer points spoilt)

I think, personally, that Skyrim was probably my fave game that I played. Even in a small 20 minute burst it reminded me of the good times I had with Oblivion but with some improvements. Looked rather gorgeous too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superb, my excitement is only mounting!

memorium said:
ilmaestro said:
Diablo III has broken my heart to be fair, no modability, real money auction houses and DRM (in that order of importance) is gonna ruin it for me
Eh, the game is still going to play the same as far as I'm concerned. Sure, I don't agree with some of those choices, but missing out on the main game because of them sounds like crazy talk.

Don't feel well at all today,

Didn't eat pretty much for the past 48 hours, only managed a cheeseburger from mcdonalds (don't think that helped), stayed round the gf's friday night, she stayed round on saturday night and i cooked a chinese (one of those box deals from morrisons - think this is where my feeling sick stems partly) we got up and went to town on sunday, all day i didn't eat and instead vouched for a frescato from costa ( its a ton of ice, 2 full flake chocolate's, milk and whipped cream) later in the day i had a second one and it pushed me over to "i feel sick" .... we met up with the gf's parents and apart from about an hour where i wandered off to do some shopping for my dads birthday i ended up in a pub with them, drinking till late.... on a stomach full of milk and ice and possibly dodgy chinese.... Woke up feeling like i was going to wretch at any minute, to a degree i still feel the same....

on a plus note, i bought gears of war 3 for my dads birthday, bought myself R.U.S.E and Black ops for myself in a 2 for £20 deal at gamestation, not even finished with Space Marine or Dawn of War so my gaming backlist just grew even further, with a free weekend this week (no gf, no family, just me and the house and the pups) i'll be chillaxing with the ps3 on.

Oh, i got the Defamation of strickland banks - Plan B album yesterday, its all i've been listening to all night and today, finally decided to get it after i end up singing to it wherever i hear his songs.

Such talent.

huh?

Not even sure what you mean, its a drink from Costa (milk, alot of ice and a couple of flake chocolate "bars"? in a blender, whipped cream ontop and then chocolate sprinkled onto that)

2 in 1 day, then drinking copious amounts of alcohol, although the frescato lined my stomach from the effects of alcohol i've found that milk + alcohol = they don't get on with each other when there's nothing of substance inbtween em.

Morning and Afternoon AUKN!

Had some quite time and thought I'd pop by and see how people are doing.

Oh, and Tach. I'm not suprised you don't feel well after tanning something like that.
;)

A ghost appears huh? lol

Long time since you've posted on here, i thought them days where over!

How's things been? haven't spoken to you this week...yet lol

Yet is the word as I see you have emailed! lol

Just got really busy! Thus why I am only replying now. Was only sticking my head in anyway to see how people were. ^^

lol ah good :p

My emails are down at work atm so chances are i won't reply till tomorrow now, sat on the phone for about 20minutes and I.T still didn't pick up, not my loss really - without my emails up and running i'm down to about 40% of my workload lol

Fare enough. :p

I did reply but you may not have received it yet then.

*yawn* Man I hate Wednesdays. Definately the worst day of the week for me.

Can I go home now? =3

edit: Greeting Manga! Yeah I'm fine. How's you? No changes here. Still busy, still living my life to best of my ability. :p Anything new I should know?

Bah! Computer just crashed after my last post!

Wish I could say that anime and games ruled at home, but I know the truth is, my wife does! O_O

Hah, I do get a bit of Voddas time though. Have you seen anything recently that you would say was a good watch?

Back