The General Conversation Area

I hope that’s the case, though I’ll start properly worrying about jobs when my dissertation is submitted. I think the deadline is in early May so I have that to focus on for now. I live near a station that leads directly into London so that makes job searching a tad easier. I also did work experience and made a good impression so I’ll be following up on that if I can.

It's 2019, what new pastures it is to blast early 90s sounding DevilMan

Debiru Arrow wa chouonpa
Debiru Ear wa jigokumimi
Debiru Wingu wa sora wo tobi
Debiru Biimu wa netsu kousen

mikurubeam.gif

Only 364 days 'till Christmas! 👍

😅

😬 *tumbleweeds*

Merry New Year everyone! 😃 😄

EDIT: Can't be bothered liking all y'all's individual posts of goodwill so I'll just "yes - to all" - Bruce Almighty style!

I'm actually quite happy with myself last year. My New Years Resolution was to read more Manga.

I used to read maybe 5 volumes a year

I read:
Another
Azumanga
Dominion Tank Police
Eclair
Forbidden Scrollery [1 + 4 Chapters - Currently reading]
Futaribeya [1-2]
Gakuen Police
Hana to Hina wa Houkago
I am Here
Konohana Kittan [1-2]
K-on [All Volumes -
Non Non Biyori [8-10]
Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freak Show
Mushroom Girls in Love
My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness
Scums Wish
Socrates in Love
Strawberry Panic
Super Dimensional Love Gun
Sword Art Online: Mother's Rosario

Someones thinking of replying with a "I can read that in a month" comment... Please don't

I read a lot more manga in 2018 than I ever had before, mainly series’ I had already seen the anime of and wanted to see where the manga continued.

Never understood why people say Happy New Year? Seems bizzare. You don't say happy day or happy week or happy month. It's literally nothing special other than the fact it's celebrated because the calender makes an acknowledgement that the year is a different number.

But it's a day off so can't complain belated happy new year then! Lol.

Never understood why people say Happy New Year? Seems bizzare. You don't say happy day or happy week or happy month. It's literally nothing special other than the fact it's celebrated because the calender makes an acknowledgement that the year is a different number.
I think generally, the hope for people wishing a Happy New Year is that the forthcoming period until the Earth completes another orbit around the Sun proves enjoyable for those they're wishing it to. It's a fairly pleasant thing to be told I think, that people hope your year is happy rather than otherwise. In that spirit, Happy New Year everyone.

And while you're right the chosen day for the changeover within those 365 days is somewhat arbitrary (and of course differs between cultures) the Gregorian calendar's new year remains fairly close to the winter solstice in the northern hemisphere, which was seen by many ancient cultures as a naturally occurring new year as it marks the point the sun has reached its lowest in the sky and begins to climb again. So if you wanted to celebrate a non-arbitrary and physically observable new year, the 21st-22nd of December would be the time to do it.

Yeah, someone I don't know very well at all wished me all the best for 2019, and I was quite moved strangely, it's a lovely sentiment. All the very best for 2019 AUKN, happy New Year!
I find it's a lovely thing when a complete stranger says it, it's a small reminder that there is still kindness in the world and that we can wish good things for each other 👋😺 🌈💞

Welp, my operator in work is doing maintenance, leaving me with the valuable job of taking up space. I plan to form a team called the valleys idles, a crack team of like minded individuals well versed in the national sport of wasting as much time as possible

Well I just ordered a custom desk mat that will cover my whole desk. 150cm by 70cm

Now I'm not sure if the first picture can be used as landscape.
But this is what I sent them. Screenshot_2019-01-02-11-10-41-1.pngScreenshot_2018-12-31-19-41-51-1-1.png

Back