The General Conversation Area

Haha, wow, many thanks for your well thought-out response dude, appreciate it :)

I just didn't have the budget at the time to do the two-in-one diploma, so I just did the one half of it that I thought I'd need, which was the Graphic Design bit, since that's where I'd hoped I'd find work. Sadly it hasn't really panned out that way (save for a job that lasted all of 5 weeks that I couldn't hack because of an awful manager), and the real kick in the teeth is that the best opportunities out there are in web/software development so, in hindsight, perhaps it was better to just spend a bit more and get more out of it opportunity wise. The software development elements do interest me though, but save for a very rudimentary bit of HTML, I know sweet FA! JavaScript is a type of digital coffee, right? ;)

I'm not entirely sure where I want to go job-wise though, if I'm honest. I've only just managed to secure a part-time temporary job after just over 6 months out of work (the job I had before this one ruined my health so had to jack it in), so for the time being, I'm just happy to be doing something and earning money again since it'll allow me to save for a car (having my own set of wheels will make things easier). Plus, the money and hours are decent, and the people I work with are really nice, so, I can't complain. My only hope now is that I can secure it as a permanent position after re-applying for it, so, fingers crossed! I've thought about perhaps getting a bit more training under my belt in the future (possibly doing another course in something just to broaden my skills), but I don't know yet - it's all dependent on finances and stuff. We'll see ^^

I'm super glad it's all worked out for you though dude, and you sound like you're really happy in your role, that's the most important thing - nothing worse than being stuck in something where you're just not happy. Nice one *thumbs up* ;)

That was very much what I learned initially when I was a lot younger - HTML (and to a very far lesser extent JavaScript). It all very much evolved from that.

Shame about your awful manager from your previous job. British Management Disease strikes again! :( Fingers crossed for getting the position permanent. I remember how horrible finding a job was all those years ago. D:

And cheers! My current role is waaaay better! :D

That was very much what I learned initially when I was a lot younger - HTML (and to a very far lesser extent JavaScript). It all very much evolved from that.

Shame about your awful manager from your previous job. British Management Disease strikes again! :( Fingers crossed for getting the position permanent. I remember how horrible finding a job was all those years ago. D:

And cheers! My current role is waaaay better! :D
*Tries to hide the madness emanating from certain "users"*

Aha, sorry you had to witness that *sweatdrops; composes self*

Ah, yeah, the position in that job was decent; it was graphic design-y and I got to use my newly aqcuired skills, but the manager was not a nice person. As for this role, it would be an ideal solution for the foreseeable future for sure! Thanks again for your kind words :)

I did do a bit of HTML in uni, but my mind wasn't in a position to understand it back then (i.e I was really thick) so it didn't really sink in :confused: but, it's something I could probably approach now given the chance, in a much better mindset. If you want something to look pretty though, or you need a fairly decent cloning job done on an image, I'm your woman!

Now, back to these numpties! :rolleyes:

I had a very productive weekend, watched 8 football matches :p
*Dons deerstalker and bubble pipe*

Hmmmm *blows pipe bubbles* but didn't you technically only watch 7, what with little one commandeering the TV for one of the matches?

EDIT: Also, saw the woodpecker again on my morning walk; actually heard it pecking into a tree trunk before I saw it fly away ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
*Dons deerstalker and bubble pipe*

Hmmmm *blows pipe bubbles* but didn't you technically only watch 7, what with little one commandeering the TV for one of the matches?

EDIT: Also, saw the woodpecker again on my morning walk; actually heard it pecking into a tree trunk before I saw it fly away ^^
In that case I experienced 9 matches - watched 8, listened to 1 :)

Back