The General Conversation Area

I need to watch 2.22 and 3.33 actually, though 3.0+1.0 isn't likely to arrive anytime soon.
Ain't that the truth. :mad:
Do these rebuild movies make any sense if you haven't seen the original series?
Yeah, they would, actually. I'd seen up to 3.33 without having seen the original series. 3.33 makes a bit more sense if you've seen the film 'The End of Evangelion', though. Only a bit more, mind: it's completely mystifying.

Yeah, they would, actually. I'd seen up to 3.33 without having seen the original series. 3.33 makes a bit more sense if you've seen the film 'The End of Evangelion', though. Only a bit more, mind: it's completely mystifying.
I remember reading the plot summary and being bewildered.

Ah, that's encouraging should I have difficulty in coming across the original series (which most likely, I will). I don't mind mystifying, I can deal with that! ^^

Wait until you see it. At one of the cinema screenings I was at, there was a girl there with her mum and gran. They must've been sat there thinking "Well, I'm sure it probably made sense to her" (the daughter).

I very much doubt it did!
Just imagine how much nonsense the fourth film will make!

I don't mind mystifying, I can deal with that! ^^
Without spoiling anything, I'd say that the film's main problem is having no interest in explaining any of the questions it raises. It's still a must-see, though!

Just imagine how much nonsense the fourth film will make!
I honestly shudder to think. I worry that we'll be left sitting there thinking: "So... Hang on... what happened?"

I was curious about Kaworu's character and I came across the bath scene (I'm sure you know the one); I thought it was really well done. I love how Kaworu speaks with such logic, but it almost sounds poetic at the same time (with his choice of words). He speaks matter of factly, and isn't afraid of outwardly stating his feelings. A very likeable (if short lived) character...even if he did intend to destroy the universe...he still cared about Shinji in that short space more than anyone else did...

It almost fits too!

Oh Lord, I laughed! XD Bow down to me peasants!

Yeah, I look good with a beard! ;)

Balls, my delivery is late. Just went to track it and it's now arriving next week sometime, possibly tomorrow. Darn it I just want my coloured pencils Amazon!

There are some (very) vague clues in the Animator Expo short 'Until You Come to Me', if you've ever seen that...

That was outstandingly well put.

Haha, thanks @Neil.T . I'm not really very good at analyzing things to be honest; I've never really bothered, but I find myself doing it more now that I'm older and have a better head on my shoulders I guess...

I love his speech patterns and how he's so forward, almost like a child with no social boundaries ^^ A very interesting character!

I was considering buying the manga with my birthday money. They have the 3 in 1 volumes on Amazon, but I would have only been able to get 4 of the 5, and (I know it sounds daft), I'd rather get them all in one go! Especially since I don't have a regular income right now, it's be annoying reading up to the point of the last volume but not being able to get hold of it!

Man I'm going to be so skint when I start earning money (but for a worthy cause)!

I was considering buying the manga with my birthday money. They have the 3 in 1 volumes on Amazon, but I would have only been able to get 4 of the 5, and (I know it sounds daft), I'd rather get them all in one go! Especially since I don't have a regular income right now, it's be annoying reading up to the point of the last volume but not being able to get hold of it!

Man I'm going to be so skint when I start earning money (but for a worthy cause)!
Especially when you start buying all your buddies here the stuff they want too. Hint, hint.

Especially when you start buying all your buddies here the stuff they want too. Hint, hint.

If I had enough money, I would gladly buy you all whatever anime/manga you want ^^ In thanks, for interacting with/putting up with me *thumbs up* ;) I'd even buy @Captaaainuniverse all kinds of cool **** even though he's from The South *shudders* :p ;)

Back