The General Conversation Area

@~AyaMachi~: The book sounds good. I bought a little book on Hokusai at the British Museum when I was at the exhibition there last year. Really enjoyed that exhibition; as well as the prints themselves, there was a bit showing the manufacturing process of woodblock prints. Fascinating to see.

I had my three days of, then back a day, then off today, then back to work tomorrow. I don't know whether I'm coming or going!:p

Wow, that sounds awesome! I'd love to see some authentic Japanese art in a gallery some time. It's on my list of things to do when I get my **** together (by **** I mean my life XD); to visit more museums and galleries, I love the atmoshpere of places like them and being intersted in art and history I really need to get thine ar$3 to these places! I love Japanese woodblock prints!

Haha, dude, just don't go in on a day off! ;)

I love Japanese woodblock prints
I think you'd have enjoyed the Hokusai exhibition. I think I took something like three or four hours to get around it all. Are you familiar with The Great Wave? That was quite something to stand in front of an original print of that. It didn't even have pride of place or anything: it was just hanging there quite unassumingly.
Haha, dude, just don't go in on a day off! ;)
Ha, I've only ever done that once, thankfully. Never again! ;)

I think you'd have enjoyed the Hokusai exhibition. I think I took something like three or four hours to get around it all. Are you familiar with The Great Wave? That was quite something to stand in front of an original print of that. It didn't even have pride of place or anything: it was just hanging there quite unassumingly.

Ha, I've only ever done that once, thankfully. Never again! ;)

I do love that painting actually. I think though that it makes you appreciate it more when it's not really given any pride of place in a gallery. You just see it in modest surroundings and you're like, "wait, isn't this a famous piece?" Sounds awesome though, I need to become cultured before I leave this earth! XD

Dude!!! Seriously? I laughed! :p

I quoted HWR's post that had the gif of Pain, I was going to write something but in the end I didn't but that damn gif has been saved in my text box ever since and whenever I'd enter this thread it'd just loop and it'd piss me off but now it's cracking me up, I guess I'm posting this just so it goes away, farewell pain.
You're welcome. Now I'm curious as to what you were going to comment.

They had a DB exhibit at some museum in LDN sometime ago apparently something to do with JPN culture... Sounded cool.

Really? An actuall DB exhibit? Cool! It's be nice to see some anime/manga exhibits over here; it's be cool to have an understanding of the history of it all and such!

I really like The Great Wave too, but I think I like 'Red Fuji' even more:
Red_Fuji_southern_wind_clear_morning.jpg

They had a DB exhibit at some museum in LDN sometime ago apparently something to do with JPN culture... Sounded cool.
I really lucked into some good timing when I went to London last time, because there was another exhibition on elsewhere of background art from Ghost in the Shell and Patlabor. That was really good, too.

I feel so stupid. Like I knew I was stupid, especially the last few month even more so than usual. But to realize I was literally stupid enough to calculate a 1400-900=300 is just... well, I sure got the bill for that one. And even that I managed to notice only with a two weeks delay has to mean it's not getting any better. x.x"

I seem to keep on missing out on these exhibitions, and considering I'm a London Uni Student I should really keep an ear out.

I really like The Great Wave too, but I think I like 'Red Fuji' even more:
Red_Fuji_southern_wind_clear_morning.jpg

I really lucked into some good timing when I went to London last time, because there was another exhibition on elsewhere of background art from Ghost in the Shell and Patlabor. That was really good, too.

Beautiful piece :) It's the detail in Japanese art - even in carved pieces like the netsuke and the intricate twig paintings on vases, I love it!

I feel so stupid. Like I knew I was stupid, especially the last few month even more so than usual. But to realize I was literally stupid enough to calculate a 1400-900=300 is just... well, I sure got the bill for that one. And even that I managed to notice only with a two weeks delay has to mean it's not getting any better. x.x"

Don't be so hard on yourself Luna, it's easily done :( if it's any consolation I'm hopeless at maths; I just don't have the aptitude for it!

And you're not stupid! ^^

I seem to keep on missing out on these exhibitions, and considering I'm a London Uni Student I should really keep an ear out.

Dude, get in there, for sure! It'd be a shame to miss out! What are you studying?

Hope everyone is having a lovely Valentine's evening :D
My evening shifts in work started today, but I did start watching killing bites today (hitomi is best girl, even with a honey badgers frightening reputation for what they start with fighting larger species males.) And CR premiums got a valentines email from CRhime, the only valentines I've ever got... I don't like this it is new and uncomftorble!

You know a common occurrence I see on forums is seeing people judge posters solely on the fact that they have anime avatars with some outright adding them to ignore lists on sight, if you ignore me then you don't deserve me!

Back