The gap between UK & The World for theatrical releases such as Code Geass Discussion

thedoctor2016

Mushi-shi
You mean they returned to what they used to do last year. Sword of the Stranger only recently got an SE bluray.
I always took sword the stranger as an exception due to it getting prior release mybe I was wrong. But I know they have said new films will always get a standard why a film they didn’t put in cinemas would be the exception it makes no sense especially as it’s got **** reviews why would most people buy this. I don’t get this decision at all. I don’t get why they scrapped from cinemas after they promised as we got the average Geass recap

I always took sword the stranger as an exception due to it getting prior release mybe I was wrong. But I know they have said new films will always get a standard why a film they didn’t put in cinemas would be the exception it makes no sense especially as it’s got **** reviews why would most people buy this. I don’t get this decision at all. I don’t get why they scrapped from cinemas after they promised as we got the average Geass recap

You don't get why they pulled theatrical on a film you acknowledge as a critical bomb?

You don't get why they pulled theatrical on a film you acknowledge as a critical bomb?
I dont because they promised and also where are the Geass films II and III?
I doubt we will R3. But who cares SLA gets them all cos Scotland is the best. I am being forced as the only way to legally see this not good reviewed is a CE and people dont get problem? I dont get how this is defended.
Also Andrew jokes about his CE. Why he has he made one I dont get why is there a CE?

If you wanted to see it ASAP, you had the option of SLA. If you want it as cheap as possible, buy the DVD or wait for the SE BD.
Hahahaha SLA was not cheap I live miles away and 2017s line up was crap imo. And this year if it was good they dont give you enough time to plan oh yeah im gonna go spent hundreds of pounds on films I dont know if I want to see.
Its cheaper for me to buy Liz's Dec BD than pray to the gods AL gets it.

Hahahaha SLA was not cheap I live miles away and 2017s line up was crap imo. And this year if it was good they dont give you enough time to plan oh yeah im gonna go spent hundreds of pounds on films I dont know if I want to see.
Its cheaper for me to buy Liz's Dec BD than pray to the gods AL gets it.
Except @anime_andrew schedules the big hitters at the weekend so people can just make it a cheap day trip for a couple films instead of spending "hundreds of pounds".

I'm choosing to do the full week despite no line-up being announced because I love theatrical anime, and I know Andrew does as well and won't let us down when it comes to selecting films to screen.
But you can just go to one film; I did for ASV when they announced it would be there, it was only ~£30 on trains, and I fell in love with SLA.

I dont because they promised and also where are the Geass films II and III?
I doubt we will R3. But who cares SLA gets them all cos Scotland is the best. I am being forced as the only way to legally see this not good reviewed is a CE and people dont get problem? I dont get how this is defended.
Also Andrew jokes about his CE. Why he has he made one I dont get why is there a CE?

Just because they promised doesn't mean it's an unbreakable oath they have to follow up on. AL are a business first and foremost, putting out a film that no one at SLA liked in a wide release, which would likely bomb due to negative word of mouth, would be a terrible decision, as they'd potentially be losing money if it flops, as it probably would. Same goes for Geass, if the appetite was there for the first one, they'd probably get the other two, but if few people went to see it, I don't see why they'd put the other two on when the returns are going to be even fewer, it just doesn't make sense.

Also, no one is forcing you to buy anything. Standards on release would be ideal, sure, but one of two things will happen. Either the CE will bomb, no one buys it, the price comes down in a few months, you can get it cheap then, or the CE does gangbusters, sells out, and we get a cheaper SE down the line. The only thing that's working against you is patience. The attitude that is perpetuated amongst anime fans that they have to see the newest thing the microsecond it comes out is irksome at best and down right obnoxious at worst. Patience is a virtue, and if you wait long enough to see this film that isn't supposed to be much good anyway, you will be rewarded with a price you deem suitable.

Last edited:
Except @anime_andrew schedules the big hitters at the weekend so people can just make it a cheap day trip for a couple films instead of spending "hundreds of pounds".

I'm choosing to do the full week despite no line-up being announced because I love theatrical anime, and I know Andrew does as well and won't let us down when it comes to selecting films to screen.
But you can just go to one film; I did for ASV when they announced it would be there, it was only ~£30 on trains, and I fell in love with SLA.
Cheap day trip? It would take 6 hours to get there by train two flights is £100 easily.

Just because they promised doesn't mean it's an unbreakable oath they have to follow up on. AL are a business first and foremost, putting out a film that no one at SLA liked in a wide release, which would likely bomb due to negative word of mouth, then I don't see why they'd opt to potentially lose money. Same goes for Geass, if the appetite was there for the first one, they'd probably get the other two, but if few people went to see it, I don't see why they'd put the other two on when the returns are going to be even fewer, it just doesn't make no sense.

Also, no one is forcing you to buy anything. Standards on release would be ideal, sure, but one of two things will happen. Either the CE will bomb, no one buys it, the price comes down in a few months, you can get it cheap then, or the CE does gangbusters, sells out, and we get a cheaper SE down the line. The only thing that's working against you is patience. The attitude that is perpetuated amongst anime fans that they have to see the newest thing the microsecond it comes out is irksome at best and down right obnoxious at worst. Patience is a virtue, and if you wait long enough to see this film that isn't supposed to be much good anyway, you will be rewarded with a price you deem suitable.
I always going to get the Ce I’ve moaned about the CE before but as I have the US LE I will get the better release cos the next two could be good. And I haven’t seen Take on Me I know lots of people who have illegally Cos they can’t wait for Sentais for mangas. Liz I am probably getting the JP Cos I do doubt it’s viability as most don’t view it as the sound film they wanted. And Geass is annoying especially as it’s the canon for R3 so hopefully they will show or release all 3 before showing the new film.

It took me three and a half hours each way by train for one film. It was worth it because I wanted to watch the film. I could've just waited if I wasn't willing to travel.
3 and a half hours is still a lot less than six. I would have leave at like 6am and get back like 5am no film is worth killing my schedule for.

Just to actually try drag this back on topic, the Hi Evolution set looks bloody lovely, absolutely love how clean it looks. It is a shame the movie itself isn't all that good (or so I hear, haven't seen it myself), my worry is due to the first bombing we wouldn't get the rest of the movies which makes me very reluctant to buy. It also came out of nowhere for me too, I had no idea it was coming out so soon.

Back