The Future

CowboyMeNot said:
I think we will look back in 20 years time and realise that we made too much of Global Warming and everyone will deny that they ever believed in it.

I agree with that completely.

Another thing that is going to happen in the future is that there will no longer be any fuel for cars. So everyone will be super fit because they walk everywhere :lol:

But this will happen unless they find an alternative fuel source

pomtry said:
CowboyMeNot said:
I think we will look back in 20 years time and realise that we made too much of Global Warming and everyone will deny that they ever believed in it.

Another thing that is going to happen in the future is that there will no longer be any fuel for cars. So everyone will be super fit because they walk everywhere :lol:

Soon we shall devise a machine which is powered by the feline. :twisted:

Hyaku said:
pomtry said:
CowboyMeNot said:

Soon we shall devise a machine which is powered by the feline. :twisted:

doubeful XP. They are working on finding alternative fuel sources, but i don't think many where successful so far.

Global warming..meh as i said earlier..global cooling more like, well for us at least. Russia will warm up, we shall cool down.( i would explain it..but my geography days finished when i left high school at the end of the summer XD)

Arbalest said:
Global warming..meh as i said earlier..global cooling more like, well for us at least. Russia will warm up, we shall cool down.( i would explain it..but my geography days finished when i left high school at the end of the summer XD)
The theory goes that an increase in global temperature will change the course of the gulf stream. The gulf stream carries warm water along the coast of britain (although you wouldn't think it if you went swimming there :p), making our climate slightly warmer than otherwise. Ergo, if it gets moved, britain gets cooler.

Anyway, the future... well, since many people seemed to have such apocalyptic predictions, I could add that the sun will explode in a few billion years (no supernova sadly, just your standard stellar collapse), which will certainly destroy the earth. Other than that, I don't really see any convincing evidence for the end of the world :wink: .
So, what will happen? Let's see...

- Microsoft will collapse and Apple will take over :twisted:
- A new standard method of transport will be used that doesn't rely on petrolium.
- We'll finally get fusion power working.
- Many more generic harem anime will be made, each as poor as the last, and I won't bother watching any of them.
- Lots of animals will become extinct, but new ones will appear.
- Mt. Everest will be eroded to the extent that it is no longer the tallest mountain in the world.
- I'll get a fairly poor job, but I'll still be able to buy DVDs with my pay :D .
- People will carry on looking for aliens and still won't find any.
- Umm... robots. Robots are cool. Yeah... there'll be robots in the future, ones that you can't tell apart from people :lol: .
- In spite of considerable attempts to fix it, the water leak in my ceiling will eventually cause the ceiling to fall in :( .

Back