THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!

neptune2venus said:
kupoartist said:
I never saw much need for a second PC...

Shame I'll never play the 'great' Half Life 2 on my ye olde PC..unless..*gasp* Xbox?? :p
You X-Box is also a ye olde PC. HL2 on X-Box is Single Player only, the frame-rate is questionable and it only looks passabley good..... And I trust your opinion on shooting games about as much as I trust mangaminx's opinion on shooting games with driving elements. I just wouldn't expect it to be your "thing" at all :p

kupoartist said:
neptune2venus said:
kupoartist said:
I never saw much need for a second PC...

Shame I'll never play the 'great' Half Life 2 on my ye olde PC..unless..*gasp* Xbox?? :p
You X-Box is also a ye olde PC. HL2 on X-Box is Single Player only, the frame-rate is questionable and it only looks passabley good..... And I trust your opinion on shooting games about as much as I trust mangaminx's opinion on shooting games with driving elements. I just wouldn't expect it to be your "thing" at all :p

And here I was about to buy Half Life 2 - had the pointer on the buy button on play.com to be precise! I feel too upset to buy it now!
Might as well wait until it is destined to go to the bargain bin!
I assure you, my taste of games is god-like. *takes out the flame shield* THIS IS WAR!! :p
________
JAILBROKEN

kupoartist said:

*gasp* , I rarely enter this forum and I come in to see me mentioned! Half-Life 2 was awful compared to the original ;)

Anyway, best game ever? =x

Hmmm probably Ocarina Of Time or Baldurs Gate II

neptune2venus said:
And here I was about to buy Half Life 2 - had the pointer on the buy button on play.com to be precise! I feel too upset to buy it now!
Shouldn't be too long. ALL X-Box games are destined for promptly cut-prices now that the 360 is out... not that you'd ever be stopped by prices anyway, Ms Moneybags :p

kupoartist said:
neptune2venus said:
Shouldn't be too long. ALL X-Box games are destined for promptly cut-prices now that the 360 is out... not that you'd ever be stopped by prices anyway, Ms Moneybags :p

How can you say such un-true things about me! *cough* Everyone knows I am the Queen of cheap! It wasn't too long ago I saw the PC version of Half-Life Limited Edition down to ??14 - but alas - it needs to be at least ??9.99 before I consider the strange bearded man and his alien fetish! It already over-used the Lamda symbol..oh yes it's so clever, since it is the symbol of radioactive half-life. But I digress!
*feeds kupo to the aliens* BOOM HEADSHOT!

Shenmue=Best.Game.Evar.
________
Jugallette

Listen, I would rather spend 200 odd quid for a 360and £50 a game than spend £400 on a ps3 and £80 on a game which i cant lend out cause the disks lock to that ps3.

And listen to hulk hogan cause he knows best.

Tetris (GB)- classic simple and addictive.
Civ 4 / Alpha Centauri (PC)- 'Just ... one ... more ... turn...'
Silent Hill (PSone)- Clever, scary and the BEST use of the rumble pad EVER!
FFVII (PC/PSone)- Deep, involved story and characters, huge explorable world.
Max Payne 2- The Fall of Max Payne (PC)- Guns, noir plot and the best matrix style bullet time i've seen in a game.

Mangaminx said:
kupoartist said:

*gasp* , I rarely enter this forum and I come in to see me mentioned! Half-Life 2 was awful compared to the original ;)

Anyway, best game ever? =x

Hmmm probably Ocarina Of Time or Baldurs Gate II

I loved Baldur Gate II i played that game for hours ^^. I wish there was a sequel.

now i think about it...the mega drive did have a few great games on it...the sonic series was great...but i can't remember much else...James Pond was good. erm the Sega Game Gear..that brings back a couple memories..erm..i think we only had a couple games on that..one was really good but i forget the name somehow :?, though it was really addictive...tetris was great

Arbalest said:
now i think about it...the mega drive did have a few great games on it..
You realise how few of the forum members will remeber any of games (other than those rereleased on GBA), but you are right some of the older games were really niffy as they relied on actual game play rather than graphics. This is why there is the argument that games like Tetris and Space incaders were the best as they relied on gameplay and replayability rather than anything else.

hopeful_monster said:
Arbalest said:
You realise how few of the forum members will remeber any of games (other than those rereleased on GBA), but you are right some of the older games were really niffy as they relied on actual game play rather than graphics. This is why there is the argument that games like Tetris and Space incaders were the best as they relied on gameplay and replayability rather than anything else.

yup, the likes of lemmings was also great. i mean it was really great at the time, and watching the lemmings fall from great heights was funny.
the NES had some of the best retro games out there..the mario land games where brilliant

Arbalest said:
hopeful_monster said:
Arbalest said:

yup, the likes of lemmings was also great. i mean it was really great at the time, and watching the lemmings fall from great heights was funny.
the NES had some of the best retro games out there..the mario land games where brilliant

i love it when you can kill all the lemmings!!!! POP! Prince of Persia drove me up the wall!!!! also my controler was bust which didnt help lol. ALEX THE KID!!!!!!! completed it about 150 times

fatandy said:
Arbalest said:
hopeful_monster said:
Arbalest said:

i love it when you can kill all the lemmings!!!! POP! Prince of Persia drove me up the wall!!!! also my controler was bust which didnt help lol. ALEX THE KID!!!!!!! completed it about 150 times
you know..i still remember the original Prince of Persia, i still have it around somewhere..and POP 2, they where good..also..DOOM..i have that as well..the original on the PC, Mario Kart..on the SNES..one of the best...also..anyone cept me remember Streets of Rage? that was good

Back