Overseas The Aniplex Thread

MVM got the series right? Does this news mean they won't get the film? Might have to set sail, same with some other films of series that haven't seen the light of day here.
It's worth pointing out that MVM has said in the past that film licenses are much harder to acquire, and just because Aniplex has put it out doesn't always mean that MVM could grab it. Fate is a special case because the franchise sells while Rascal is a smaller one. If MVM did grab it and gives it the same treatment as the series then that would be the best-case scenario, but at the current state, there is a small chance the film may either not get picked up or was gone to someone else.

It seems 99% it’s gonna be Manga all AoA I feel will be manga as manga is a Sony subsidiary as is AoA, I just hope franchises stay with their current licensers so MVM and Fate and AL with SAO

Sony building a small Monopoly it seems. I'm actually pretty surprised though that no one has talked about a UK release for Demon Slayer considering this was "the best anime of 2019 no seriously the internet doesn't lie."

If it turns out to be a case of waiting a few years for a UK edition though I think I will skip the wait and consider the Aniplex discs. (It was a pretty good show which I want a nice edition for anyway :p)

How do pre-orders work on rightsuf btw? On their site it say's there is a 25% discount but when I saw the price I kind of don't believe them. If I sleep on it to pick up after release would I end up actually paying more?

I think that out of my rather large anime collection that I only have 4 or 5 of their releases. Mostly with titles that I really wanted (Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night-Unlimited Blade Works, Magica Madoka, etc.) I went with UK and Australian releases because of the cost. US aniplex releases are just too expensive.

How do pre-orders work on rightsuf btw? On their site it say's there is a 25% discount but when I saw the price I kind of don't believe them. If I sleep on it to pick up after release would I end up actually paying more?
The price you would pay would be $129.98 (before any postage and customs). If you pay by card you get billed when shipped, if you pay by paypal you pay upfront.

Perhaps a question already answered elsewhere but looking at listings for Aniplex releases I noticed a blurb stating that “Due to licensing and contract restrictions, this product can be sold and shipped to the US, Canada, Central and South America only. This product cannot be shipped to Japan.

So can you still import Aniplex releases from Rightstuf or would they prohibit it? Might be a silly question to ask but figured this would be the thread to ask about this on.
Pretty sure AoA stuff has always said that on Rightstuf's site.

I’ve ordered AoA stuff from Right Stuf and it’s always been delivered to the UK even though it’s got that disclaimer. Although I now use a forwarding company (cheaper shipping and you can do your own custom declaration).

I’ve ordered AoA stuff from Right Stuf and it’s always been delivered to the UK even though it’s got that disclaimer. Although I now use a forwarding company (cheaper shipping and you can do your own custom declaration).
Hmm that’s good to know, which forwarding company do you use out of interest?

Aniplex of America has announced plans to release a complete series Blu-ray Disc Box for Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] for 14th July 2020. This will include all 26 episodes (00-25) plus the Sunny Days OVA.

The BD-Box SRP is $239.98 with Rightstuf offering $189.98. The previous LE part sets costed $439.96 overall.

Finally! I really hope to find someone who owns the LE 2-part sets and wants to buy the complete series box instead. I wanted to get those original 2-part sets for UBW but waited too long to get them. I have the both the JP and AoA LE 2-part sets for Fate/Zero, but only the JP LE sets for UBW. I had to get the UK CE sets for UBW instead.

The BD-Box SRP is $239.98 with Rightstuf offering $189.98. The previous LE part sets costed $439.96 overall.

Rightstuf was selling the original UBW part sets for $179.99 each, so about $360 total street price.

Last edited:
Aniplex of America has announced plans to release a complete series Blu-ray Disc Box for Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] for 14th July 2020. This will include all 26 episodes (00-25) plus the Sunny Days OVA.

Cheap at twice the price! Groan, sigh.

First post is mostly up-to-date with some missing key parts being a work in progress. I revamped the list into a table form for better presentation.

PERSONA5 The Animation: Complete Series Blu-ray Box

816546022693_anime-persona5-the-animation-blu-ray-altA.jpg

Audio: English (returning cast from the game), Japanese
Subtitles: English
SRP: $398.98
Episodes: 1-26, 2 specials (OVAs not included)
Date: 29th September

Special Features: Textless Opening & Endings, Commercials and Trailers, SP1 "Dark Sun..." Trailer, and SP2 "Stars and Ours" Trailer

Back