The Anime UK News chat / IRC.

even though we may get some life back into it, i doubt it will be the same as when it first started out. good fun back then.

McIcy said:
Never been able to work out this whole IRC thing? No clue how it works so can't really get to the chat room

A friend told me to try it the other day.

It must've been not 5 minutes before I completely abandoned it after being dumbstruck. :?

Someone educate this newbie. :p

Maxon said:
What problems are you having? I'm not the most IRC savvy person but I might be of some help.

I installed it, then basically just was unaware of how to use/find channels etc. :?

Help pl0x? :cool:

Hyaku said:
Maxon said:
What problems are you having? I'm not the most IRC savvy person but I might be of some help.

I installed it, then basically just was unaware of how to use/find channels etc. :?

Help pl0x? :cool:
First you need to find out the IRC channel, then the normal channel and also the port number to connect to IRC.

http://www.cad-forums.com/showpost.php? ... ostcount=1

You can use that as template but obviously change things for Anime UK News.

Heres a website i found for help. . .Still quite clueless, although to be fair. . . . . . . .i haven't really looked at whats on the website.

It was good when it was in full use, when the majority of us where on it, but its never really in use anymore. It would be good if it where to get active again.

It's not dead at all.

People are busy, especially at this time of the year when Uni starts in a week and school has already started for most, and yes as you say it's early afternoon.

In the summer it was extremely active, we had more than 10 people on at quite a few times, mainly at night/early morning.

A few people have broken computers too, but on the other side of things - quite a few of the 'old' guys come and say hi from time to time, so all's good :)

At Christmas time it'll be nice and active again, I'm 100% sure of that. Can't wait :p

Back