The Anime UK News chat / IRC.

redgore

Kiznaiver
Hello all.

You may not know me very well as I hardly ever post on the forums, however I can often be found talking to people in the anime uk news chat room.

Quick stuff no explanatrion:

http://martlev.com/animeuknews/ web based chat with no software to install

irc.quakenet.org #animeuknews IRC users.

Boring stuff more detailed.
The chat room uses a network called IRC (Internet Relay Chat). IRC is a client and server based system, the server we use is run by a group of people collectivly known as QuakeNet. Now comes the difficult bit, the client. A client is a piece of software that allows you to connect to a specific service, your web browser most likely firefox or internet explorer, with which you are viewing this forum is a client for web pages.
You have two choices, there is a web based client which can be found at http://martlev.com/animeukenews/ and requires no installation, or you can use a client such as mIRC Included with most clients are basic instruction on connecting to a server or network. the network you want is Quakenet, or if you just have the option to connect to a server you want irc.quakenet.org The channel or room you want to join is #animeuknews. If you are having any problems feel free to ask me for help in this thread.[/url]

thats scary i was gonna try ressurect the old thread about this today too

see u have op in channel now red, do you have auto op or did someone just give it you? if not pm me and i'll sort u out

Once you hit IRC: here are the basics

1) Change your name! Type /Nick ....... ie. /Nick Neptune2venus
and to do an action you type /ME ....... ie. /ME dances

2) Respect your authoritah! We have moderaters in the chat room like the boards here - but we haven't had to use them..yet. :D

3) Modes!

+O= Moderator/Operator - They have the power to kick and ban unruly users.

+v= Voice - The true purpose is that they can invite themselves back into the chatroom even when banned and can talk over a +m lockout.

There are more modes of course, but no one tends to use them.

4) Enjoy yourself!

That's all there is to it! If anyone has problems or questions to ask, PM me or go in the chatroom. Lots of people there who are willing to help. :D
________
Growing marijuana

vincentvivi said:
I'm banned with no good reason other than that I made fun of Channel Five. Lawl.

think you annoyed quite a few of the people in there :wink:

anyways insulting red's tastes in tv is pretty much asking for it :lol:

walker said:
vincentvivi said:
I'm banned with no good reason other than that I made fun of Channel Five. Lawl.

think you annoyed quite a few of the people in there :wink:

anyways insulting red's tastes in tv is pretty much asking for it :lol:

When did all of these people get on IRC? Gawd, its been ages =\

it's really quietened down lately in there :?

think we need a link on the front page or something :p

... it's because of my take over, as I came from no where. Let it be known, I -run- the IRC channel! everyone has [or will] fall victim to me!

No one can stop me, not even Neptune2Venus or Mangaminx even with their powers combine! [Hey, this should be made into a TV show]

Yeah, it's been dying recently, I'm gonna have to make more frequent visits to liven the place up a bit... it's like; dead.

Sweet, nothing like a good IRC room. I'm quite the IRC-addict (like most of us) so you'll probably see me roaming around in there.

Just going to bump this topic (eventhough it's a sticky) and say that the IRC room is still there and still has members visit it. Come in and have a chat, we're all nice. Really, we are.

Back