The 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Sale for Anime Limited and MVM Entertainment

Napping Princess, Sister New Devil and Space Dandy have appeared in the sale though (albeit as SE or DVD sets) so would they still count?

Your Name steelbook also appeared in the mid year mystery box so that one is dubious as well, I could be completely wrong though
CH-01-75.png

Jokes aside. Mystery Box for Blu-rays are collector's edition exclusive and I see no reason why they can't include them since not everyone is going to go for a standard. Plus given they have 10 titles to fill, had the line-up be strictly "can't include a title because a DVD or BD standard was in the previous sale" it would eventually make the list too obvious.

There's also the factor that some of the titles I listed are technically under "almost out of print" territory so this year's line-up is going to be interesting.

CH-01-75.png

Jokes aside. Mystery Box for Blu-rays are collector's edition exclusive and I see no reason why they can't include them since not everyone is going to go for a standard. Plus given they have 10 titles to fill, had the line-up be strictly "can't include a title because a DVD or BD standard was in the previous sale" it would eventually make the list too obvious.

There's also the factor that some of the titles I listed are technically under "almost out of print" territory so this year's line-up is going to be interesting.

Very true, it does seem to be whittling down into easy prediction territory. I'm actually looking at 3-4 potential dupes (some from this actual sale then as I got napping princess lol)

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid

Dodged a bullet there. I didn't expect that would sell out

Looking at that list there are five potential titles I don’t have, will have to see how the next few days play out and figure if it’s worth taking a chance on the mystery boxes again this year.

Looking at that list there are five potential titles I don’t have, will have to see how the next few days play out and figure if it’s worth taking a chance on the mystery boxes again this year.

Even I'm getting concerned (11 titles not owned from the list) Did I really buy that much Anime this last year? lol

Thoughts on Lull in the sea, Log Horizon and Grimoire of Zero?
I enjoyed all 3. Lull in the Sea has genuinely stunning animation and a moving (quite literal) fish out of water tale.
Log Horizon is a lot of fun and a show I've watched a few times. It has the old trapped inside a game world premise but we actually see how the players adapt to their new life and start to build a real society in it.
Grimoire is a fun little show with some interesting character dynamics of outsiders becoming unlikely allies.

I got Higurashi. Might consider Princess Principal since it seems to be highly regarded but it would be a blind buy so I will see what AL offer first
Princess Principal really surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun, the animation is great. It goes all in on it's slightly ludicrous premise and the collectors set is a really nice product. One of MVMs better ones.

Back