Tabletop D&D - Command

Adam-M

Stand User
So me and a few mates have been playing tabletop Dungeons & Dragons for the last few weeks. I'm a cleric and I've just gone up to level 2 (cos I'm crap) but I've started looking at the spell "Command".
This one ;)
It basically lets you command a person (player or npc) and forces them to do whatever you say. As overpowered as this could be, you're restricted to a single word and it has to be a verb. So for example you could say "stop" and they'd have to, or you could say "hop" and they'd do that instead of attacking you.
In addition to this the command won't work if you tell them to cause harm to themselves. So you could put some poison down and say "drink" and they'd drink it because they don't know its poisoned, but they wouldn't kill themselves knowingly. I would probably want to use it to avoid combat if possible, make someone give up information or maybe a key or something.

I thought the people on this forum might be able to come up with some interesting ideas for how you could use the command spell. So either in or out of combat, how do you think this could be useful (and potentially amusing).

I know it's not exactly what people expect in the gaming section of the forum, but thanks in advance for any replies and....well have fun :)

So me and a few mates have been playing tabletop Dungeons & Dragons for the last few weeks. I'm a cleric and I've just gone up to level 2 (cos I'm crap) but I've started looking at the spell "Command".
This one;)
It basically lets you command a person (player or npc) and forces them to do whatever you say. As overpowered as this could be, you're restricted to a single word and it has to be a verb. So for example you could say "stop" and they'd have to, or you could say "hop" and they'd do that instead of attacking you.
In addition to this the command won't work if you tell them to cause harm to themselves. So you could put some poison down and say "drink" and they'd drink it because they don't know its poisoned, but they wouldn't kill themselves knowingly. I would probably want to use it to avoid combat if possible, make someone give up information or maybe a key or something.

I thought the people on this forum might be able to come up with some interesting ideas for how you could use the command spell. So either in or out of combat, how do you think this could be useful (and potentially amusing).

I know it's not exactly what people expect in the gaming section of the forum, but thanks in advance for any replies and....well have fun :)
“Strip” would be the obvious amusing one here. “Bewilder” might have its uses, if it’s bewildered you may be able to get away with doing unmentionable things whilst going unpunished. Alternatively if it’s info etc. You’re after you could go with “truth”.

“Strip” would be the obvious amusing one here.
"Strip" would be good against a heavily armoured opponent as well. They'd spend their turn taking the armour off and then you could batter them afterwards.
My question with "Truth" is just how do you make them tell the truth about the subject you need? They could just reply "It was me! I farted!"

"Strip" would be good against a heavily armoured opponent as well. They'd spend their turn taking the armour off and then you could batter them afterwards.
My question with "Truth" is just how do you make them tell the truth about the subject you need? They could just reply "It was me! I farted!"
That is true. I’m not entirely sure about that. Potentially change the wording to “information”. In regards to strip though, don’t forget it could also arguably mean they have to throw away their weaponry.

Some other ones, “flee” potentially useful in a dungeon area, if they run in the right direction they can set off the traps for you! I guess point as you command on that one.
“Sleep” night possibly work though how you can guarantee they will sleep I don’t know.
“Blind” may be useful. They would end up having to gouge rip tear or what have you.
In getting a key “gift” may be possible.
For sh*ts and giggles; if you’re ambushed the best way out of danger “orgy”.

For sh*ts and giggles; if you’re ambushed the best way out of danger “orgy”.
I was going to say this (or maybe put it more crudely). The enemy tried it in last weeks episode of Killing Bites. It resulted in an amusing (and sexy) scene, but didn't totally work because of course the enemy stood there gloating instead of using the situation to her advantage!

Back