Syfy UK

Project-2501 said:
Most anime in the US seems to have moved onto VOD services.

This might be convenient for the existing fans, but this will not help to create any new fans. Anime needs to be on TV so that potential fans can casually switch on, see some anime, decide they like it, and pursue it as an interest from then on. While they may have access to the VOD services now, they are less likely to use it unless they know for sure they will like what they pay for.

I think most of us got into anime from seeing some on TV or reading about it in a magazine or website. Lets see how we really got into it.

This is one of those "I have no son!" moments. First when the brillance of Mystery Science Theater was lost on a generation because they didn't get it and second when they sent anime to die on sayko exciting. I meen, Eva @ 10a? What were they thinking?!

Seriously, I'm convinced that Japanese Materials emit strange gases when played in PAL Broadcasting Equipment and that's why no one can keep their **** straight for more than five seconds when airing Japanese Anime.

I read that Syfy America shows Monster as part of ani-Monday since October last yr...dunno why it wouldn't work over here doing the same thing? Fiver is showing an American animated show called Archer at 10pm & then 10.30 tonight, and regularly after that. 10 - 11 is a peak slot, so if they can show something like that, why can't a channel like Syfy UK start showing anime? This could be seen as encouraging, as any animation other than Simpsons, South Park or Famliy Guy being shown at a peak time is perhaps a step closer to seeing anime back on telly? Obv it would depend on the show, I doubt something like Shigurui would widely appeal, as a lot of people would probably be disgusted, lol.

Fiver is showing an American animated show called Archer at 10pm & then 10.30 tonight, and regularly after that
Huh? Archer is showing here? F*cking PR departments and their failures.

/runs off to put on record.

Mutsumi said:
Saiko Exciting was great. It was the only thing worth getting up for on a Saturday morning since SMTV ended.

Bit late but seconded. Got to see a lot of good shows I would never have heard about otherwise on there. Plus introduced me to FRUITS and Asian Cinema :)

Since people are posting about animated shows (Archer is fuckin amazing just thought i'd say)
I thought i'd tell people about the show Hero 108, its airin in the uk and us on 1st of March 4pm for us on cartoon network and has the anime-esque drawing style used in it, which is seen in some japanese anime nobody really watches
It is a kids show but it is done by american, chinese and japanese illustrators so it's worth a check

Also the show Ultimate Muscle is going to be shown on Kix I don't know about the date all i know is that it says on wiki 'coming soon', Now I know alot of you probably think im crazy postin about these shows on an anime forum but there all really good so take the time off the torrents and streams and try watching something on the tv which is hardly nothing to do with anime but has a small portion of it buried beneath

Ultimate Muscle is anime, so that's fine (and awesome its showing here again) and Hero 108? I'll keep a look out but kids channel scheduling always screws me over in some way.

PartiallyMetalAlchemist said:
Since people are posting about animated shows (Archer is **** amazing just thought i'd say)
I thought i'd tell people about the show Hero 108, its airin in the uk and us on 1st of March 4pm for us on cartoon network and has the anime-esque drawing style used in it, which is seen in some japanese anime nobody really watches
It is a kids show but it is done by american, chinese and japanese illustrators so it's worth a check

Also the show Ultimate Muscle is going to be shown on Kix I don't know about the date all i know is that it says on wiki 'coming soon', Now I know alot of you probably think im crazy postin about these shows on an anime forum but there all really good so take the time off the torrents and streams and try watching something on the tv which is hardly nothing to do with anime but has a small portion of it buried beneath

Bleh to Hero 108. If it isn't French (and is something like Totaly Spies or other such nonsense) then using the "Anime" style is 90% of the time short hand for "We watched some Naruto and wanted in on the fame, money and fame but we can't be arsed to actually make anything comparable, so here's...uh,..."Baruto", "Nleach" and "Robot Boy".

And if it's true, 'eff yeah, Ultimate Muscle is one of the Best 4kids dub anime ever. (right up there with Shaman King) and I'd kill (and, more importantly, pay) for dvds of that.

Back