Stackry (re-shipping/import) infomation/guides

Then you were lucky, as its not an import charge but VAT you are paying (I call it custom charges as its come from overseas). I had got something from CR direct which was under £135 and I got a charge.

Apart from dodging charges, the shipping could be cheaper depending on what service you use.
I was under the impression that import duty is the VAT that would have been added if it was purchased in the UK plus the handling fee for customs. Have you been hit with that on an order under £135?

I was under the impression that import duty is the VAT that would have been added if it was purchased in the UK plus the handling fee for customs. Have you been hit with that on an order under £135?
I believe VAT is separate from the custom freshold, if something has VAT in the UK then you have to pay the VAT for when you get it sent into the UK. Whenever I've got charges its always been for the VAT and not import charges. And yes I've had to pay charges many a time for orders under £135.

@Gemsy-chan ah thank you for the clarification 👍 so far I’ve avoided ordering from Amazon.com so much as they do charge VAT (I just assumed that was because they have a British entity that the payment was processed through), so if I just wanted to order a single thing to receive sooner, other than the unit price for the item generally being more expensive, it does make sense to use Amazon.com as the delivery is generally a lot less.

If you keep the order under £135 then you won’t have to pay import duty. I did an order that arrived from CR a few weeks ago that was around £120 and I had no import duty fees. I’m happy to order from CR direct again but I’m just wondering if using Stackery can save me any more money (as CR international shipping is quite pricey).

Then you were lucky, as its not an import charge but VAT you are paying (I call it custom charges as its come from overseas). I had got something from CR direct which was under £135 and I got a charge.

Apart from dodging charges, the shipping could be cheaper depending on what service you use.

From my understanding, if the value of the item(s) is under £135 then you will have to pay a VAT charge IF the seller has not included the VAT charge at the point of sale. Customs duty, which is a separate charge, does not apply to items worth below £135, but a VAT charge is applicable if VAT has not been charged at the point of sale.

I believe the law on this recently changed where the UK government now altered the point at which VAT is collected on imported goods - the retailer/seller must now account for and charge VAT at the point of sale when sending items to the UK. This has meant retailers abroad that ship direct to the UK have been forced to sign up to GB VAT if they wanted to continue selling to the UK. Some retailers have refused to sign up to this and now no longer ship directly to the UK (e.g., JB Hi-Fi in Australia).

However, because CR do not ship directly to the UK, no VAT will be charged at the point of sale and so it will be collected and charged once it enters the country and goes through UK customs. If you avoided VAT from CR it sounds like you got lucky!

In theory, if you're ordering something for less than £135 from a retailer/seller that explicitly ships direct to the UK, then VAT should be included in the price you pay or the retailer/seller should take care of the fee themselves (I know Sanity.com.au do this, for example). If the value of the item(s) is over £135 then you will be charged the standard VAT and customs duty rates - although, I believe there is no customs charge on blu-rays/DVDs, but there is a 20% VAT rate on the total cost of the item(s), including shipping.

Last edited:
Okay so, I decided to use Stackry. When I copypaste the address etc. info Stackry gave me, CR keeps saying "Let's verify your address is correct" and suggests to change the address a bit (they suggest putting the Address Line 2 aka the unit number together with Address Line 1). Do I go with the address format Stackry gave me or change it to the CR's suggested form?

Also CR still gives me this notification when I try to place the order:
1718691921275.png

Last edited:
Okay so, I decided to use Stackry. When I copypaste the address etc. info Stackry gave me, CR keeps saying "Let's verify your address is correct" and suggests to change the address a bit (they suggest putting the Address Line 2 aka the unit number together with Address Line 1). Do I go with the address format Stackry gave me or change it to the CR's suggested form?

View attachment 34588
I would keep it in how Stackry does it with the unit number in address line 2, that's how I have it on my CR account.

As for the other problem I can't help I'm afraid as its not happened to me.

I just got notified that my first Crunchyroll sale order was received at Stackry. The other two orders I placed have not been dispatched yet. Now I have to be patient and not just click send... the difficult part.

It looked like forwarding as is (for a 3lb box) was £20 and £29 for the two sensible (aka cheap) options. I would expect the next two orders to be around 2 lbs each. I'm hoping the cost of shipping all three together won't jump too much (especially if I consolidate the boxes).

View attachment 34588
Update. I finally managed to order that stupid steelbook release of G-Witch! Now I only have to hope that everything goes smoothly with Stackry.

Back