Spice and Wolf

Roadie

School Idol
Anyone watching this? Something I find myself enjoying rather a lot. Its a story between a traveling merchant and a harvest god of a small village. Basically the god is in human form and wants to return to the north, with the help of the merchant of course. The series is full of marketing trade and stuff like that some might find boring, but I've become quite interested in it.

I read the manga which thus far has stayed quite close to the anime or whatever, it's pretty good, at first I thought it would be some slice of life series I wouldn't take a liking to. I was wrong it's fairly entertaining and interesting. Everyone is currently lusting over Horo now it seems, I don't see why, she's hardly anything special. >_>

It's one of the "big things" in the fanbase at the moment, mostly down to the character Horo (or Holo, depending who you talk to).
A lot of people feel that straight off the bat she's had one of the most well rounded and multi-layered personalities in a female lead in modern anime shows (in some ways akin to Revy in Black Lagoon in that respect).
I love the entire feel of the show though; I've always liked stories based on a "fantasy" setting, and the interaction between Horo and Lawrence is captivating to watch.

watched the first episode, looks good, probably keep watching this, a change from Naruto Shippuden and Bleach

Fellistowe said:
A lot of people feel that straight off the bat she's had one of the most well rounded and multi-layered personalities in a female lead in modern anime shows (in some ways akin to Revy in Black Lagoon in that respect).
Fellistowe said:
>well rounded
>Revy
:lol: It's true in a sense I guess, but it just doesn't sound right...

I have this sat on the hard drive for once I'm done with the stuff I'm currently watching. I think I'm one of the few people actually interested in the spice economics (and... not particularly interested in Horo).

chaos said:
Funimation announced the license for this recently. No R2 plans so far.

Goodie. If a box set gets put on PlayUSA at some point (or even DVD Pacific) it might make it under the customs limit, it being a short series and all. It's 100% worth owning, despite the confusing trading talk that took away from the relationship of the main two at times.

S2 should be airing shortly, if memory serves me. I'll have to rewatch S1 to get back into the mood.

I'll post your pictures on 4chan if you don't. It's very good, and has an excellent, very well developed (mentally - I'm not vulgar) female lead.

Ah, Funi have it, excellent. I'll be picking that up then. I for one very much enjoyed the series and i liked the season 2 OVA that aired not to long back. I'm still waiting for the novels to be released here, though if i remember the first one is released in December.
@chaos: Does the license also include the second series which airs in July or does it not cover it?

Good thing that Funi picked it up. They have the best pick of VAs fo' sho'.
Arbalest said:
i liked the season 2 OVA that aired not to long back.
I liked it but I wish they'd ease up on the moe levels. I really hope Horo isn't becoming a moeblob.

Arbalest said:
@chaos: Does the license also include the second series which airs in July or does it not cover it?
Not mentioned on the original report, but I'm assuming not yet or else, they would have mentioned.

Maxon said:
Arbalest said:
I liked it but I wish they'd ease up on the moe levels. I really hope Horo isn't becoming a moeblob.

Moe? i didn't get that vibe at all from it really. Putting the whole trade thing to one side, the basic story is more or less romance between horo and lawrence, so them warming up to one another and such was always expected.

They mention anything about a Blu-ray release? I was pissed when I finished/nearly finished buying the R2J DVDs only to have a Blu-ray set announced (and then to fall for the same trick with Mouryou no Hako...), but I'd buy it again at R1 prices.

Arbalest said:
Maxon said:
Arbalest said:

Moe? i didn't get that vibe at all from it really. Putting the whole trade thing to one side, the basic story is more or less romance between horo and lawrence, so them warming up to one another and such was always expected.
I know romance when I see it and that was Horo being moe from what I saw.

Back