Sony purchase Sky EPG slot

dinkeytom said:
This reminds me of my school. My friends had a backwards image of anime, you know the stuff 4kids had dubbed, until I showed them Elfen Lied and HighSchool Of The Dead
"Turn it off, anime is just kids stuff... dude, boobs!"

When is AXN releasing? it say's early January, but film24 have their schedule until 27 January. Is it just going to pop up suddenly or what?

johnrulz said:
When is AXN releasing? it say's early January, but film24 have their schedule until 27 January. Is it just going to pop up suddenly or what?
Probably in Feburary, when we get a hell of a load of channels like Sky Atlantic, Ginx and Electric Sofa

I think it's taking the Sky 3 channel because I know that's ending soon, I just hope that Freeview gets more channels after channel One is going to be taken off and this, not much else than 1-5, BBC three and E4

Jayme said:
Where is Sky Atlantic going actually? Sky Living will likely be stealing the LIVING spots.
Sky isn't "stealing" anything. Sky bought out the independant company that was "Living TV". It's basically still the same company only under Sky now hence the addition of the brand. :wink:

Mohawk52 said:
Jayme said:
Where is Sky Atlantic going actually? Sky Living will likely be stealing the LIVING spots.
Sky isn't "stealing" anything. Sky bought out the independant company that was "Living TV". It's basically still the same company only under Sky now hence the addition of the brand. :wink:

by "bought out" and "independant company" u mean blackmailed Virgin into surrendering it's channels so as to gain access to some of it's features and HD channels

oh and

LIVING, LIVING +1 and LIVING HD will be rebranded as Sky Living, Sky Living +1 and Sky Living HD on Virgin Channels 109, 111 and 110.

I think you spend way too much time reading up on the goings on in UK TV, Ryo. Is there like a National Enquirer equivalent for this stuff? :p

Jayme said:
Sky1 - 106
Sky Living - 107
Sky Atlantic -108

If you're on Sky HD, these will be the HD channels, but if you're not, then these will be the SD ones
From Feburary, if you're on HD, then the HD channels will take the SD channels spaces
PartiallyMetalAlchemist said:
I think it's taking the Sky 3 channel because I know that's ending soon, I just hope that Freeview gets more channels after channel One is going to be taken off and this, not much else than 1-5, BBC three and E4
Sky3's staying I think.
Channel one is being replaced by Challenge
Ryo Chan said:
Mohawk52 said:
Jayme said:

by "bought out" and "independant company" u mean blackmailed Virgin into surrendering it's channels so as to gain access to some of it's features and HD channels

oh and

LIVING, LIVING +1 and LIVING HD will be rebranded as Sky Living, Sky Living +1 and Sky Living HD on Virgin Channels 109, 111 and 110.
Nope, Living +1 is going.
Not all bad news for Virgin though, they're selling their share in UKTV (Dave, GOLD, Watch, Good Food etc) to the people who own Food Network in the US for $500,000,000
ilmaestro said:
Jayme said:
Digital Spy usually does the job.
So is that actually like the National Enquirer, but a website?
If you dont need the gossip crap, just go here > http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/

Also, everyone on Virgin here, I strongly suggest adding this thread to your favourites > http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11/33 ... 1-vol.html

Paradox295 said:
From Feburary, if you're on HD, then the HD channels will take the SD channels spaces
This is a good thing, absolutely, but occasionally I fear it'll be annoying. Sometimes its easier to record a panel show in SD.

Watch it. It's freaking amazing. How the writing/jokes work on so many levels, plus its consistency and great characters is basically why the deal is... so big.

Also, Sky Atlantic announced a fairly rushed schedule on its Twitter feed today - its gone now, but I still have it on my iPhone feed.

Launch on February 1st, free to all SKY Customers.

February - Boardwalk Empire, Blue Bloods (eh?), You Don't Know Jack and Entourage season 7, How To Make It In America, Weeds S4, Big Love from S1, Treme, Battlestar Galactica, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos

March - Bored To Death

April - Game of Thrones, In Treatment S2, Temple Grandin and Flying Monsters (Sky production).

June - Mildred Pierce

Summer - Hit and Miss (Sky production, by Shameless creator), Mad Men S5

Anytime - The Pacific, Generation Kill and The Wire

This is like my dream channel. <3

And shush Ryo. We should have a separate TV thread.

Back