Sony purchase Sky EPG slot

daichi383 said:
Paradox295 said:
PS. Huge Cowboy Bebop Spoiler Spike Dies :D
GREAT :eek: just spoiled the whole show for me now :evil: THANKS :(
Dude, I haven't even seen the show. Same as how I have never seen Star Wars and I know that Darth Vader is Luke's father.

And that spoiler has been covered up for quite an amount of time
johnrulz said:
Paradox295 said:
ilmaestro said:
Paradox295 said:
Spoiler for Cowboy Bebop:

PS. Spike Dies :D
Honestly, this isn't funny. I know it's an "internet meme" or whatever, and I know it's about as well-hidden a spoiler as the key twist to The Sixth Sense at this point, but there is always one person out there who doesn't know, and who doesn't want to know.
Dude, the guy walks in with a Naruto avatar saying most anime movies suck. Of course he doesn't know yet and that's the whole reason I did it.

Not saying it wasn't harsh. It was and I was just trolling :(

So what if i do and yeh most anime movies do suck that's my opinion and total drama island did you used to come disney XD but i think they stopped putting it on now for some reason. why will they have an Anime block just for the U.K you don't see any other AXN channels in other countries with an Anime block. it's very unlikely for U.K to have one, firstly Anime isn't very popular and because of failures of CNX and Anime Central. not much has changed since 2008 in terms of Anime demand in the U.K

Bravo had Adult swim in the U.K and that was a failure but they didn't have Anime programmes i think. CN will not have it and discussions are being made about it in why Adult swim is not in the U.K because they know that the content that Adult swim have will not be successful in the U.K and it's waste of money. U.K are quiet strict in terms of what to put on and that sort of content should not be on a children's channel that's why you see programmes such as playboy and television X closing down and reducing because it's not appropriate to show and now i think it's completeley removed
You have no freaking clue what you're talking about.
Demand for anime in the UK has been higher than ever. I remember reading half a million anime DVDs were sold in the UK this year.
Other AXNs haven't got an anime block because they already have an anime channel.
Anime is nearly as big a niche as WWE in the UK and WWE does pretty well on Sky Sports after midnight, so I would expect a post midnight anime block to do pretty well too.

Secondly, no, lack of anime wasn't the cause of Adult Swim on Bravo's demise. It could have done with a decent amount of advertising being on at 1am and all.
If Turner thought [as] was a waste of money, they wouldn't have given it a site in the UK, and they definately wouldn't have trialled RC/TM/Metal/Venture on FX and Tim and Eric on 4music.
Infact, the only info posted online about Adult Swim in the UK was by me and J_C_X, so I'm pretty sure you're just twisting out words :?

Last edited by a moderator:
Paradox295 said:
daichi383 said:
Paradox295 said:
PS. Huge Cowboy Bebop Spoiler Spike Dies :D
GREAT :eek: just spoiled the whole show for me now :evil: THANKS :(
Dude, I haven't even seen the show. Same as how I have never seen Star Wars and I know that Darth Vader is Luke's father.

And that spoiler has been covered up for quite an amount of time
johnrulz said:
Paradox295 said:
ilmaestro said:
Paradox295 said:
Spoiler for Cowboy Bebop:

PS. Spike Dies :D
Honestly, this isn't funny. I know it's an "internet meme" or whatever, and I know it's about as well-hidden a spoiler as the key twist to The Sixth Sense at this point, but there is always one person out there who doesn't know, and who doesn't want to know.
Dude, the guy walks in with a Naruto avatar saying most anime movies suck. Of course he doesn't know yet and that's the whole reason I did it.

Not saying it wasn't harsh. It was and I was just trolling :(

So what if i do and yeh most anime movies do suck that's my opinion and total drama island did you used to come disney XD but i think they stopped putting it on now for some reason. why will they have an Anime block just for the U.K you don't see any other AXN channels in other countries with an Anime block. it's very unlikely for U.K to have one, firstly Anime isn't very popular and because of failures of CNX and Anime Central. not much has changed since 2008 in terms of Anime demand in the U.K

Bravo had Adult swim in the U.K and that was a failure but they didn't have Anime programmes i think. CN will not have it and discussions are being made about it in why Adult swim is not in the U.K because they know that the content that Adult swim have will not be successful in the U.K and it's waste of money. U.K are quiet strict in terms of what to put on and that sort of content should not be on a children's channel that's why you see programmes such as playboy and television X closing down and reducing because it's not appropriate to show and now i think it's completeley removed
You have no freaking clue what you're talking about.
Demand for anime in the UK has been higher than ever. I remember reading half a million anime DVDs were sold in the UK this year.
Other AXNs haven't got an anime block because they already have an anime channel.
Anime is nearly as big a niche as WWE in the UK and WWE does pretty well on Sky Sports after midnight, so I would expect a post midnight anime block to do pretty well too.

Secondly, no, lack of anime wasn't the cause of Adult Swim on Bravo's demise. It could have done with a decent amount of advertising being on at 1am and all.
If Turner thought [as] was a waste of money, they wouldn't have given it a site in the UK, and they definately wouldn't have trialled RC/TM/Metal/Venture on FX and Tim and Eric on 4music.
Infact, the only info posted online about Adult Swim in the UK was by me and J_C_X, so I'm pretty sure you're just twisting out words :?

It didn't fail orginally because of a lack on anime, it failed due to poor scheduling. Adult Swim got quite respectable numbers on FX but once again reasons unknown to myself (IMO, I believe FX and Turner couldn't work out a deal) it left FX.

I'm personally optimistic for whatever Sony has got planned for 157, I do believe it will be AXN and I feel it will fill a void for when Bravo closes. I'd be really suprised if Sony don't use Dilbert or the Boondocks to fill up some air space.

Last edited by a moderator:
johnrulz said:
Hi! If you use a little more punctuation, that would be a great start for people taking your posts a little more seriously. Also, if you would like to answer the question about which anime movies you have seen that would be appreciated.

ilmaestro said:
johnrulz said:
Hi! If you use a little more punctuation, that would be a great start for people taking your posts a little more seriously. Also, if you would like to answer the question about which anime movies you have seen that would be appreciated.

Well the reason maybe is i don't give Anime movies a try or i haven't seen enough of them but i've seen:

full metal alchemist movie
first 3 bleach movies
first 3 naruto shippuden movies
afro samurai
all dragonball z movies

and yeh ok guys we'll see if AXN get an Anime block or if they decide to get Adult Swim but i think they may decide to get an anime block later on 2011 or 2012 because Sony will rather have priority over movies or tv series such lost, Andromeda and etc.. to show rather than Anime

So, only one standalone movie? Go try some Ghibli movies, Appleseed, Girl Who Leapt Through Time and some of the classics (i.e. Akira, Ghost in the Shell) and then your judgement should be a little fairer. I also quite enjoyed Origins: Spirits of the Past.

You can't really judge all anime movies by a few films based on shonen TV series. Few would recommend those as a starting point for anyone's fandom.

My personal judgement of those films:
FMA: Not as good as the series, but enjoyable.
Bleach: Good uses of 90 minutes each, and pretty to watch, though pretty fun.
I haven't seen any Naruto films or Afro Samurai.
DBZ movies: All pretty bad, especially bad in English.

King Jimmeh said:
So, only one standalone movie? Go try some Ghibli movies, Appleseed, Girl Who Leapt Through Time and some of the classics (i.e. Akira, Ghost in the Shell) and then your judgement should be a little fairer. I also quite enjoyed Origins: Spirits of the Past.

You can't really judge all anime movies by a few films based on shonen TV series. Few would recommend those as a starting point for anyone's fandom.

the way you forcing me to like Anime movies is like your trying to change my religion i don't really care to be honest and i rather stick to what i wanna do or watch rather than you telling what you want me to watch. We all have different tastes ok, so live with it.

johnrulz said:
ilmaestro said:
johnrulz said:

Well the reason maybe is i don't give Anime movies a try or i haven't seen enough of them but i've seen:
Well, if we just go by movies that are related to the type of shounen shows that you would expect to see on this channel, then I agree. Dragonball/Naruto/etc movies aren't really the best thing to show, and they often expect people to have been following the series anyway.

What I think people, certainly me, are talking about is if they were able to show other movies - from Kon Satoshi, Miyazaki Hayao, Hosoda Mamoru, Otomo Katsuhiro, or Shinkai Makoto, for example. I think you might really like some of these yourself if you tried them, they're in a different world from the movies that usually are "attached" to TV shows.

I do agree that anime wouldn't really be Sony's priority, too.

Stuart-says-yes said:
johnrulz said:
ilmaestro said:
johnrulz said:

first 3 bleach movies
afro samurai
all dragonball z movies

I can see where you loathing for anime movies stems from if you've only seen the above titles, none of them are "Bad" as such, but equally, there not exactly master pieces. I must admit though, anything after "Ninja clash in the land of snow, is utter drivel as far as naruto is concerned.

If you feel open to trying some anime films, you should give some studio ghilbi films a shot, like Castle of calistragro, or some Kon movies like Perfect Blue or Summer Wars.
No they are not my type of taste

johnrulz said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
johnrulz said:
ilmaestro said:
johnrulz said:

first 3 bleach movies
afro samurai
all dragonball z movies

I can see where you loathing for anime movies stems from if you've only seen the above titles, none of them are "Bad" as such, but equally, there not exactly master pieces. I must admit though, anything after "Ninja clash in the land of snow, is utter drivel as far as naruto is concerned.

If you feel open to trying some anime films, you should give some studio ghilbi films a shot, like Castle of calistragro, or some Kon movies like Perfect Blue or Summer Wars.
Hey, I thought I wouldn't like Ghibli Movies and the like, but I watched Tales From Earthsea last night and enjoyed it. Subbed to boot.

And no-ones trying to make you change your taste. How can you have a taste in something you have never tried?

Seriously, dude, if you were to say 'Naruto and Bleach are the best animes ever made' you would look like a bigger idiot than if you were to say 'The Simpsons is as good as it has always been'

Again, not trying to make you change your tastes, just recommending you check out more stuff :)

Paradox295 said:
johnrulz said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
johnrulz said:
ilmaestro said:
johnrulz said:

first 3 bleach movies
afro samurai
all dragonball z movies

Hey, I thought I wouldn't like Ghibli Movies and the like, but I watched Tales From Earthsea last night and enjoyed it. Subbed to boot.

And no-ones trying to make you change your taste. How can you have a taste in something you have never tried?

Seriously, dude, if you were to say 'Naruto and Bleach are the best animes ever made' you would look like a bigger idiot than if you were to say 'The Simpsons is as good as it has always been'

Again, not trying to make you change your tastes, just recommending you check out more stuff :)

because i've looked at lot of Anime movies and they ain't any good ones and not worth watching when looking at the story plot and i don't like watching things online that are movies i rather try watching episodes but i'll probably try watching it if it comes on TV but only if i have to or nothing else is on

johnrulz said:
because i've looked at lot of Anime movies and they ain't any good ones and not worth watching when looking at the story plot and i don't like watching things online that are movies i rather try watching episodes but i'll probably try watching it if it comes on TV but only if i have to or nothing else is on
Listen to how that sounds: http://tts.imtranslator.net/Dx4C

It's also funny if you choose the Korean voice.

ayase said:
johnrulz said:
http://xkcd.com/481/

ayase said:
johnrulz said:

It's also funny if you choose the Korean voice.
yep i know how stupid it sounds without punctuation, i rush when i type for some reason.

The "online"-ness shouldn't be an issue really. Lovefilm are failing, but attempting, I suppose, a Netflix streaming situation. Just log-in via your 360 and go. Or even plug your computer into a TV. Like normal people. Jeez.

Aren't the streaming options really crappy though? Like, the selection is quite limited. I don't know exactly what they actually do have, though, anime or otherwise.

johnrulz said:
King Jimmeh said:

the way you forcing me to like Anime movies is like your trying to change my religion i don't really care to be honest and i rather stick to what i wanna do or watch rather than you telling what you want me to watch. We all have different tastes ok, so live with it.
I apologise if it came across as "forcing" you to watch those things. I was (along with what other anime fans here are) simply recommending those films (and others) so you can have a wider variety of anime movies to base an opinion on.

That having been said, I don't understand how you can say those films are not of your taste, as Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke are fantasy films with action scenes similar to Bleach. Origins: Spirits of the Past combines the idea of an older civilisation with modern tech like FMA does. So to say those movies aren't of your taste is being a tad ignorant.

This reminds me of my school. My friends had a backwards image of anime, you know the stuff 4kids had dubbed, until I showed them Elfen Lied and HighSchool Of The Dead, now they watch more anime than I do in a day. Also I think 'anime movies' are slow at first, but that does not mean they are not enjoyable to watch. I would say the best anime action movie to watch is Golgo 13.

It's all to do with different attention spans, I think. If I see a film runs for 2h40m, I definitely do think of all the episodes of anime or TV I could fit into that time period. For the most part, I get dead towards the 3h mark with films too.

Back