Sonic confirmed for Super Smash Bros Brawl

BlackWolf said:
For some reason i'm wondering why they specficly used the theme music from Sonic Adventure 2 as the background music for the intro clip

I probably wouldn't read into it too much. They probably just chose it as a cool-sounding theme because they haven't made anything original yet. And I love Live and Learn! The music in SA2, especially the punk-style songs in Sonic's levels, is great. They need to get Jun Senoue back on the Sonic games.

BlackWolf said:
For some reason i'm wondering why they specficly used the theme music from Sonic Adventure 2 as the background music for the intro clip

The music is cheesyness to the max, But after all these years, I still like the song(s) on the SA games.

Jayme said:
BlackWolf said:

The music is cheesyness to the max, But after all these years, I still like the song(s) on the SA games.

One of my secret shames is that i have the first SA theme (Open your heart) and Live and Learn on my MP3 player.

Lupus Inu said:
Nemphtis said:
I just don't see the logic in it, seems like you're just being grumpy for the sake of being grumpy.
More like I don't want a character who's had his day in, but stupid 12 year old fan boys want him in anyway. Besides it's up to ME whether I act this way or not about Sonic being in there's no "logic" about it, unless you're trying to be all epic on the forums being all "Logic needs to be applied before you say such things." Not really. If you don't like it, too bad. =/

You can act however you want, I'm not a puppet master. As for having the freedom to be as illogical as you want to be, knock yourself out, just don't expect to make any sense. I've just seen a seven minute video of Brawl from GameSpot and after seeing Sonic fight I'm actually pretty damn excited to select him in the game. He's obviously a very speedy character, similar to that of Fox from Melee.

You seem to be picking on Sonic based on his sales performance, when in all honesty nobody's going to give a crap about how good the previous Sonic games were while they're getting their ass pounded by the blue Hedgehog himself on Brawl. But hey, I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I should be, I don't know why your whining is making me whine but hey that's a mystery. :]

Nemphtis said:
while they're getting their ass pounded by the blue Hedgehog himself on Brawl.

That's most likely going to happen on random online play anyway.

Sonic vs Sonic vs Sonic vs Pokémon Trainer... EH!? Besides, I expect Sonic to be as speedy as hell and not do much damage otherwise it won't fit in as he will be quite broken, I've accepted Sonic into the game now, he can fit, but only because Sakurai made it so.

Lupus Inu said:
Nemphtis said:
while they're getting their ass pounded by the blue Hedgehog himself on Brawl.

That's most likely going to happen on random online play anyway.

Sonic vs Sonic vs Sonic vs Pokémon Trainer... EH!? Besides, I expect Sonic to be as speedy as hell and not do much damage otherwise it won't fit in as he will be quite broken, I've accepted Sonic into the game now, he can fit, but only because Sakurai made it so.

Sonic does do his job to kill Mecha's fairly well, I expect him to do a bit of damage. Also, I damn hope he is controllable and doesn't just fly off the arenas whenever he does a spin attack and misses.

Lupus Inu said:
but stupid 12 year old fan boys want him in
Really??!?!? Surely it's the "stupid 1980's/early-90's generation who are developing the game" that want him in? I mean, as already noted by almost everyone else, Sonic hasn't had the best track record recently (since his Green Hill glory days of the 80's/early-90's) to build up a huge base of current 12yr old fanboys, surely?!

Espy said:
Actually, SEGA seem to think right now that the Sonic X crew of Shadow, Rouge and Cream are the most famous.
Who?!?!

Espy said:
Oh, and believe me when I say there are LOADS of nine-year old Shadow fanboys.
As a 1980's gamer, who'd like to see Sonic in brawl (just for the fun of it!), I rest my case..... :D

minister3333 said:
Really??!?!? Surely it's the "stupid 1980's/early-90's generation who are developing the game" that want him in? I mean, as already noted by almost everyone else, Sonic hasn't had the best track record recently (since his Green Hill glory days of the 80's/early-90's) to build up a huge base of current 12yr old fanboys, surely?!
His olden days fans aren't bad at all, as he didn't have a voice and much of a ****** attitude back then, so no, it doesn't include them.

Lupus Inu said:
minister3333 said:
His olden days fans aren't bad at all, as he didn't have a voice and much of a ****** attitude back then, so no, it doesn't include them.

You're too kind. :D (And showing my age...) Does Sonic have a voice now?!??! :eek: NOOOOOOOOO! :cry: He's a hedgehog for goodness sakes!

minister3333 said:
Lupus Inu said:
but stupid 12 year old fan boys want him in

Sonic was introduced in 1991, he was never in the 80s. Aside from that, I agree with you. The people the most hyped about this were kids in the 90s. 12-year old kids nowadays probably aren't up-to-date with the Smash Bros Dojo. I'm guessing Smash Bros will sell more to nostalgic teens and adults than kids.

minister333 said:
Espy said:
Actually, SEGA seem to think right now that the Sonic X crew of Shadow, Rouge and Cream are the most famous.
Who?!?!
It is a sad case, but Sonic X created a new, albeit small, fanbase of kids who, if female, think Amy and Cream are cute, or if male, think Shadow is the most hardcore thing ever. My little cousin's one of them. Before the comics stopped printing letters, there was pretty much a letter every month asking for a Shadow miniseries.

Oh, and Ryan Drummond actually did a great Sonic voice, but he was kicked off the games when 4Kids became involved with the franchise, and was replaced by the crappy Jason Griffiths. Though rumour has it Drummond's back for Brawl! Though we only have one line of speech, and no official confirmation, to work/guess with.
Of course, Jaleel White is the best Sonic voice actor... Heh, I kid, but his voice is awesome.

Espy said:
The people the most hyped about this were kids in the 90s.

God bless the early 90s!

Espy said:
Of course, Jaleel White is the best Sonic voice actor... Heh, I kid, but his voice is awesome.

Which series did he do again :? My memory is a bit hazy

I just had a crazy idea, if Tails isn't going to be a playable character then maybe they'll put him as an asist where he mimics the player's movement just like Sonic 2

Although we see him get a few ficks in it doesn't look like he'll do anything special other than...spin around. Man, the amount of poeple who are just gonna spam-attack with this character by spinning around everywhere non stop through Wi-Fi scares me.

BlackWolf said:

I just had a crazy idea, if Tails isn't going to be a playable character then maybe they'll put him as an asist where he mimics the player's movement just like Sonic 2

He did the DIC series. SatAM, AoSTH, SU. His voice was cheesy but it grows on you XD

SatAM is a great animated show, though. You can get the entire series in HMV for £15, I'd check it out!

Espy said:
BlackWolf said:

He did the DIC series. SatAM, AoSTH, SU. His voice was cheesy but it grows on you XD

SatAM is a great animated show, though. You can get the entire series in HMV for £15, I'd check it out!

Ah i remember that now :p used to love watching it as a kid. Though thanks to that i did think for a while that Tails was suposed to be brown! Still good though, i may have to check out the DVD and reclaim another part of my childhood.

Slightly off-topic but I had to mention this as it amused me...

I was reading through my usual news sources when I happened across a link to an article by GamesRadar listing the greatest videogame anti-heroes of all time. All the usual suspects were there from Solid Snake to Kratos, but right at the end they mentioned Shadow the hedgehog and then wrote "Just kidding." Poor Shadow, that videogame turned him into one of the biggest laughing stocks of recent years, even the trailer for the game made me laugh so hard from all the cheesy action.

Back