Sonic confirmed for Super Smash Bros Brawl

I hope you Sonic fags are happy, a character who doesn't deserve it for having like 6 years of utterly ****** games [though had AMAZING 2D games], whatever, he's in now, I didn't want him in, he doesn't deserve it, but I gotta accept it and hope for someone GOOD like Megaman is in. [I swear to god if Tails is playable this game will suck.]

Well there was the bit going about that there was a big chance of more than just one third person character getting in, Sonic was one which even though many didn't want him in, more did. I kinda expected it, but wasn't entirely bothered whether or not he got in.

Oh and it would've been quicker to go to the main site, it usually updates at 8am everyday.

Well since they said there would be about three-four third party characters (not sure if that includes Snake) I can't say i'm surprised, afterall sonic was a rumoured character in Smash Bros Melee. I'm now wondering who the final third party characters are. I doubt somewhat that they would take another character from the sonic universe, but who knows. I'm hoping for someone from a castlevaina game to be on the list

BlackWolf said:
Well since they said there would be about three-four third party characters (not sure if that includes Snake) I can't say i'm surprised, afterall sonic was a rumoured character in Smash Bros Melee. I'm now wondering who the final third party characters are. I doubt somewhat that they would take another character from the sonic universe, but who knows. I'm hoping for someone from a castlevaina game to be on the list

Cloud!

Chances of that happening are about as high as say Mario appearing in the next Final Fantasy methinks :p

Ninja Boy! said:
i think Megaman, Viewtiful Joe and Isac from Golden sun are perfect for this game....especially Viewtiful joe..

I agree with you about Viewtiful Joe, for some reason i'm having some trouble thinking of what other characters they could put into this game that aren't from other Sega franchises or Konami games. The only other one i could think of was Bomberman :(

Liquid Skin said:
BlackWolf said:

Cloud!

That's pretty much WORSE than Sonic.

BlackWolf said:
Ninja Boy! said:
i think Megaman, Viewtiful Joe and Isac from Golden sun are perfect for this game....especially Viewtiful joe..

I agree with you about Viewtiful Joe, for some reason i'm having some trouble thinking of what other characters they could put into this game that aren't from other Sega franchises or Konami games. The only other one i could think of was Bomberman :(

that is a good choice, bomberman would suite this perfectly also....

i came up with some more peeps.

- Phoenix Wright
- Django (from Boktai)
- Dante (that could work, i mean snake is in it, then Dante is perfect then)
- Tingle?????

I'm a Sonic fanboy, But I don't think I will actually play as him in this game. I'll stick with Mario or something. He deserves it moar.

Ninja Boy! said:
BlackWolf said:
Ninja Boy! said:

that is a good choice, bomberman would suite this perfectly also....

i came up with some more peeps.

- Phoenix Wright
- Django (from Boktai)
- Dante (that could work, i mean snake is in it, then Dante is perfect then)
- Tingle?????

Tingle isn't in it, there is a trophy for him already, so nope, well i hope no anyways, also Dante is a no, since from what i know, there is no DMC game on any nintendo console, and the only reason snake got in is because he is a third party character which has been on a Nintendo console before, the same with sonic.

Lupus Inu said:
I hope you Sonic fags are happy, a character who doesn't deserve it for having like 6 years of utterly ****** games [though had AMAZING 2D games], whatever, he's in now, I didn't want him in, he doesn't deserve it, but I gotta accept it and hope for someone GOOD like Megaman is in. [I swear to god if Tails is playable this game will suck.]

stfu, this is the best news evar!

*hopes people doesn't notice his av*

Seriously, though, go easy on him. SEGA are trying hard to get him back on track, and are slowly succeeding. Sonic is still a really cool character, anyway.

On the subject of other Sonic characters, I'm thinking that there'll be a few assist trophy characters, and maybe one secret character, I'm thinking Super Sonic (as more than just a final smash), or maybe Shadow, though he sucks, he'd be an easy choice for the creators.

Espy said:
stfu, this is the worst news evar!
I agree.

Espy said:
Seriously, though, go easy on him. SEGA are trying hard to get him back on track, and are slowly succeeding.
They're not trying good enough, Sonic USED to be awesome now he's made of fail.

Espy said:
Sonic is still a really cool character, anyway.
I would only agree if Sonic Team didn't destroy him already.

Espy said:
On the subject of other Sonic characters, I'm thinking that there'll be a few assist trophy characters, and maybe one secret character, I'm thinking Super Sonic (as more than just a final smash), or maybe Shadow, though he sucks, he'd be an easy choice for the creators.

I know dawg, Knuckles should be playable as you know, because he like.... ACTUALLY FIGHTS!? Shadow is the worst Sonic character, EVER. If he's playable he'd be a clone, Big the Cat and Amy Rose of ATs would be coo' though, and so would Tails.

I also don't know why people hate sonic so much, okay so his 3D games suck balls and he ain't been a major player since the mega drive but hey.
I think this is great, c'mon who were the biggest rivals back in the late 80's and early 90's...Nintendo and Sega, Mario and Sonic.
No matter what you say, Sonic is one of the most influential and popular characters in the gaming industry and i think this will boost sales of the game like crazy.

Would love to see Bomberman, Megaman or Viewtiful Joe in too.
As cool as Snake Solid is i just don't feel he has a place in Smash Bros world it just doesn't look or feel right but hey.
In my opinion it's a game for classic and kids heroes and Sonic is a very welcome addition.

I'm glad they decided to put Sonic into the game, I think Mario vs. Sonic will be a battle of epic proportions. My friend's a huge Sonic fan so I'm going to take great pleasure in kicking his ass with Mario, just to add insult to injury.

We can't ALWAYS be positive, infact, I'm this like 90% of this forums negative. ;/

But whatever, I'll admit Sakurai made him fit into Brawl and he doesn't look as bad as I thought, like I was with FotNS characters being in Jump Ultimate Stars, but I got over it and I found out they were actually good, so Sonic MIGHT be the same, maybe.

Lupus Inu said:
We can't ALWAYS be positive, infact, I'm this like 90% of this forums negative. ;/

But whatever, I'll admit Sakurai made him fit into Brawl and he doesn't look as bad as I thought, like I was with FotNS characters being in Jump Ultimate Stars, but I got over it and I found out they were actually good, so Sonic MIGHT be the same, maybe.

My point is, if you hate Sonic so much then be glad you're given the opportunity to kick his ass instead of saving it as usual. When Soul Calibur II had Spawn as the special character for the Xbox version, I was so pissed I just kicked the crap out of him for an hour when I first bought the game. Also, logically speaking, Sonic is an excellent fit into the BRAWL universe in terms of being a playable character. I imagine he'll have his spinning attack in some form along with an attack where much like Fox from Melee, he zooms past you at high speed causing damage. Sonic is a much more 'natural' character into the BRAWL universe compared to say; Solid Snake who seems slightly out of place in my opinion.

Back