Solid State Society unveiled

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Anime News Network have dug up some more information about the new Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex anime.

Produced by Production I.G, Solid State Society is a cinematic budget full length original movie set for release during the summer of 2006 (in Japan) and will feature the same production staff of the first two Stand Alone Complex TV series.

The story is said to be set in 2034, two years after the events of Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG and will follow a major new character called "the Puppet Master"- though this is a different Puppet Master to that which was the focus of Mamoru Oshii's 1995 Ghost in the Shell movie.

I really can't wait but i'll have to as I don't want to speed up time since I have stuff to do before that.

Very nice. I didn't like the movie, but I really enjoyed SAC (haven't started 2nd Gig yet), so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

I find it interesting that they will have a higher budget to "achieve a cinematic level of production" - I thought the SAC had a cinematic level of production to start with! It will be fair to assume then that this new film is going to look fantastic.

As for the 'Hi-vision' thing, according to Wikipedia it's a form of HD-TV (the shiny new format that Sony are releasing Steamboy on), which will no doubt improve the picture quality still further for audiences with the right gear.

All in all the studio are really pushing the boat out for this one.

Yay! I've only just finished watching 1st Gig and the ending is so perfect i cant wait for a 2nd Gig thin pack (crossed fingers). So anymore releases of GitS is a brilliant sign.

I'm glad there's going to be more GITS so soon, even if I'd rather have a new series.
And I can't imagine how they'd give it a more cinematic quality either, apart from more CG interludes a la Innocence...it'll be interesting to see how they fit the plot into a feature length where they've previously had 20 odd episodes.

Back