So Ra No Wo To

I was presuming we were talking about anime in the UK (forgive my groundless assumption) in which case I had to think... What BDs?

ayase said:
I was presuming we were talking about anime in the UK (forgive my groundless assumption) in which case I had to think... What BDs?
We are, and BDs "in general" is still the answer. A lot of people don't want to buy DVDs any more, at the very least not at regular new release retail prices.

This episode of So ra no wo to was amazing. It was very surprising and even made my eyes water a bit :p. Alot of action throughout the episode, and a great story, focused on Filicia. Watch it now you nay sayers!

Episode 7 summary; (spoilers)

Meanwhile, everyone prepares for Fiesta des Lumiéres, which starts to bring bad memories for Filicia, whose teammates were killed in a previous battle. Voices in her head were telling her to kill herself, but she was rescued by the girl who plays Amazing Grace, Princess Iria. The girls later send off paper lanterns in the river and Filicia tells Rio her reason for living. Meanwhile, a priest seems to recognise Rio from somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 8 of So ra no wo to was totally contrasting to the tone of the previous episode, so i felt a bit let down.

Episode 8 summary; (spoilers)

The squad are asked to watch over the emergency phone and wait for a call to check it is still in order, so Kanata decides to take responsibility whilst the others go out for various tasks. Before Rio leaves, she gives Kanata a trumpet book, signed by an Iliya Arkadia. Later, Seiya, Mishio and the Priest arrive, and decide to help Kanata practise using a phone, but a mess is made when Mishio spooks Shuko. Yumina arrives at that point, scolds the others and gives Kanata a change of clothes. Afterwards, Kanata needs the toilet but can't leave her post, so she holds out until Rio comes back. The phone then rings and Rio answers, hearing a voice she's not too fond of asking her to save Helvetia.

NEEDED TO UPDATE THIS LIST FOR EPISODE 11.

A truly amazing episode the end is such a cliffhanger!

Whilst on patrol in the snow, Kanata and Kureha stumble upon an unconscious Roman soldier. Noël seems to recognize her and asks to look over her. She wakes up the next day and introduces herself as Aisha Aldola, though she is unable to speak Helvetian. Kanata and Noël spend some time with her, and Kanata is surprised she knows how to play Amazing Grace. Later, Naomi and Yumina arrive, informing them that Helvetian armies are heading towards the fortress. Yumina acts as a translator for Aisha, who says that she wants to see the Angel Fossil (the one Kanata saw underwater in the first episode), the remains of the "Angel of the Apocalypse" that brought upon judgment to the world of the distant past. Just then Colonel Hopkins, the infamous "Demon of Vingt," starts to arrive at the fortress, and Noel becomes particularly scared. Filicia decides to hide Noël and Aisha from Hopkins' platoon, who takes over the fortress. However, their position is giving away when Aisha recognizes Noël as the The Witch of Helvetia, the Invisible Reaper, causing her to scream at the bad memories. At the same time, the fortress gets a call that a massive Roman army has been spotted advancing in No Man's Land towards the border of Helvetia at Seize.

Many things about Noël and her past are brought up in this episode. like how she is called 'the invisible death'. we are lead to believe that she created some kind of bio weapon for the army when she was a child.

THERES A HUGE ROMAN ARMY IN NOMAN'S LAND JUST OUTSIDE SEIZE :<!

good to see more of my fav series getting licensed

also found this -
"Right Stuf’s Nozomi Entertainment also announced its license for SORA NO WOTO. The 12-episode series and its DVD-exclusive special episodes are currently scheduled for release in 2011, as a single DVD box set with Japanese audio and English-language subtitles."

can't wait to get, glad its got the dvd exclusive ep
and yey sub only :wink:

This means I can continue watching the series on CR! I was previously concerned about the prospects of only being able to see it online, but I now have the option of purchasing it if it continues to appeal. And appeal it did.

Back