SLA Edinburgh 2019 Line-up

It's quite possible that the film is HELLO WORLD, from director Tomohiko Itō (Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale). Anime Limited have already ruled out Fate/Stay Night [Heaven's Feel] II. Lost Butterfly, Haikara-San: Here Comes Miss Modern Part 2, KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Crimson Legend, and Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl. There's also the film Her Blue Sky but the timing may prevent it from being the mystery film.
There’s also the new Millenium Actress dub.

I can't help but notice despite never planning to attend in any form, you find time every year to critique our line-up. If I were to charge tickets for the privilege I'd make a guaranteed sale every year from you 😂,
Stick around for the half time show- HC complaining every year he wants to go but can't.

Millennium Actress was my guess, too, actually.
Not sure it would be Millenium Actress with it being at least UK premiere, but i guess it would depend on if it was every shown theatrically here or anywhere else. Hello World at least hasn't been.

Not sure it would be Millenium Actress with it being at least UK premiere
I did a bit of digging. The mystery film can't be Millennium Actress after all, because it was screened at London's Barbican in 2017:

So it has had a previous UK cinema outing. I'd wondered if it might've been one of those oddities like Momotaro: Sacred Sailors, which was a UK premiere at SLA in 2016, despite being of 1945 vintage.

The first showing of a new restoration is technically still a Premiere and regularly gets advertised at such, but AL's description of
"anime fans will likely recognise the name of the director and his past works" sounds....current.

Back