Silent Hill (the original)

I take it you mean the game - if you didn't know already know Silent Hill 5 is not being developed by Team Silent its being developed by "The Collective" who havent really done anything remarkable but heres hoping that it'll be good!

Churchy99 said:
I take it you mean the game - if you didn't know already know Silent Hill 5 is not being developed by Team Silent its being developed by "The Collective" who havent really done anything remarkable but heres hoping that it'll be good!

Just make sure they don't focus on the battle too much, as Silent Hill was never about the battle, but survival =P

theres some footage in gametrailers.com but thats it - all I know is that it is about some guy who used to be in the army and he journeys to silent hill but you can read what there is of the storyline on wiki pedia

Last edited by a moderator:
I had heard about the change over in game developers, it does seem a bit odd but i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt after all nintendo let another game developer work on a metroid game and that's how we got Metroid Prime (a fantastic game) now that konami have got free people though i would like to see them do a third Zone of the Enders game :wink:

I got Silent Hill when I was like 10, got so far and stopped playing, the music is excellent, but it creeped me out, badly.

BlackWolf said:
now that konami have got free people though i would like to see them do a third Zone of the Enders game
I'm waiting for this to come too, Kojima apparently promised it once MGS4 is done and dusted, I await my next epic mech adventure with Jehuty.

Lupus Inu said:
I got Silent Hill when I was like 10, got so far and stopped playing, the music is excellent, but it creeped me out, badly.

:lol: My dad has the OST and listens to it alot. Its happened before just to creep me out he's blasted it through the house first thing in the morning :lol:

I remember not too long ago I started to play this. The thing is I had just been playing Number 2, so when I turned this one on the graphics just made me laugh. XD

Spyro201 said:
I just watched the film fully through today. Wow. What a great film :lol: Id never seen it all.

glad you think so! I loved it too! I think it broke the video game/film curse and it was very well written and kept the spirit of silent hill. What I liked about it was that it wasn't hollywood-ish and had its own sense of style When Cybil was being burned my friends were like "i bet she is going to get saved now!" after she was burnt it was a case of "oh ****! she really did get burned

Spyro201 said:
Yeah, that was a shocker. And, man the ending was epic. I was really pleased with it :D And its this hread that inspired me to watch it. :D

cool i'm glad it did - what is wierd is that when they were looking for the greenlight - Gans (the director) got a note saying there were no male characters in it and so thats were the character of Chris was born! His part contributed to it greatly so it was a blessing in disguise!

Churchy99 said:
Spyro201 said:
I just watched the film fully through today. Wow. What a great film :lol: Id never seen it all.

glad you think so! I loved it too! I think it broke the video game/film curse and it was very well written and kept the spirit of silent hill. What I liked about it was that it wasn't hollywood-ish and had its own sense of style When Cybil was being burned my friends were like "i bet she is going to get saved now!" after she was burnt it was a case of "oh ****! she really did get burned

that was one of the scenes that surprised my friend we walked out after it had finished and we said it should of been an 18...(just thing of what else could have been in the film if it had been an 18 ) it's an amazing film and i still get goosebumps when i hear air raid sirens

sssh keep the spoliers down!
What I interpreted the ending as (wiki seems to agree with me on this one)
Is that there are two different worlds. Chris exists in one and Sharon and Rose exist in the other. Remember when Chris was going through the school and he swore he felt rose, its because she was in the other world or realm. I think they were trapped there when they went in and can't get out for some reason. Dhalia also mentions earlier "only the dark one, opens and closes the gate to silent hill" so that sort of explains it. The ending is that Rose and Sharon no longer co-exist with the normal world

Anyway it was awesome seeing it in the cinema!

Churchy99 said:
Is that there are two different worlds. Chris exists in one and Sharon and Rose exist in the other. Remember when Chris was going through the school and he swore he felt rose, its because she was in the other world or realm. I think they were trapped there when they went in and can't get out for some reason. Dhalia also mentions earlier "only the dark one, opens and closes the gate to silent hill" so that sort of explains it. The ending is that Rose and Sharon no longer co-exist with the normal world

yeah it was awesome...as for the ending me and my friend pretty much came to the same conclusion...they are stuck in that otherworld

Churchy99 said:

Well me and dad thought that because "A child only sees its mother as god" it killed everyone including Sharon and Rose and that they are now dead. But the reason they couldnt be seen before is because the car crash maybe?? They may have died, then from there on they were dead, but when Cybil entered Silent Hill, though they were dead, they could still be seen. But I might be wrong.

Back