• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on forums that don't show a post count next to posts, but they do appear on profiles. This is an option with vBulletin, but I don't recall a phpBB forum doing the same. If you do that, you won't have to lose the ranks (which I think are stupid and could do with being redone).

If you can do that, then I say "no".

chaos said:
ilmaestro said:
I think post counts/join dates have their place, and some value for different reasons, so I voted yes.
I'm sorry. I was half asleep when I made this topic. I understand that by yes, you want us to keep the post counts. I've made a mistake in my original post and I ended up with a question on the title and a completely different one in poll.
Hehe, no problem, this seems to have tripped up a few of us in the thread. You were right, I was saying *keep* the post counts.

I also don't see the problem with the forum games section, or posts in there "counting" towards anything (guys, at the end of the day it's an internet forum, I spend more time on them than most, but I realize that no-one's going to give me a medal for posting <i>anywhere</i>, it's not like some posts are worth "more" than others) - they (the forum games) seem to add a lot to the community spirit between a lot of members, and the character guessing game (can someone please edit that thread title, unless it's an in-joke ^^; [edit: sorry, it's the title of the character name game thread]) is good fun, even if I have no chance of getting the answers before some of you know-alls! :p

Sorry for excessive use of parentheses and excessive input from someone so new to the forum.

Correction: We do have one spammer/spam bot (I'm not sure). Ban XYZ and this thread doesn't need to exist. Problem solved.

Mod Edit: You've been warned about this earlier. Complaints about a member should be directed to mods, not discussed in a thread.

ilmaestro said:
chaos said:
ilmaestro said:
I think post counts/join dates have their place, and some value for different reasons, so I voted yes.
I'm sorry. I was half asleep when I made this topic. I understand that by yes, you want us to keep the post counts. I've made a mistake in my original post and I ended up with a question on the title and a completely different one in poll.
Hehe, no problem, this seems to have tripped up a few of us in the thread. You were right, I was saying *keep* the post counts.

I also don't see the problem with the forum games section, or posts in there "counting" towards anything (guys, at the end of the day it's an internet forum, I spend more time on them than most, but I realize that no-one's going to give me a medal for posting <i>anywhere</i>, it's not like some posts are worth "more" than others) - they (the forum games) seem to add a lot to the community spirit between a lot of members, and the character guessing game (can someone please edit that thread title, unless it's an in-joke ^^; [edit: sorry, it's the title of the character name game thread]) is good fun, even if I have no chance of getting the answers before some of you know-alls! :p

Sorry for excessive use of parentheses and excessive input from someone so new to the forum.
Being new doesn't make your post less valid. It boils down to the fact that certain people are getting their knickers in a twist over things that don't cause any harm, and therefore don't matter.

If people have a problem with Ever Enduring Forum Games, they can either put up, shut up and stop taking a forum so seriously, or bloody well leave.

Is there anyway of removing the count but keeping the Titlles? I don't care so much about the figure but I like that everyone has their own little names. ^^

Voddas said:
Is there anyway of removing the count but keeping the Titlles? I don't care so much about the figure but I like that everyone has their own little names. ^^

Another idea, which i'm sure i've seen on a forum before, is you get preset titles up to 1000 posts when you can type your own title.

And I agree with you too. Removing the number but keeping titles is a nice idea.

Perhaps more of a supreme award for exceptional people. Then everyone can moan about favouritism and accuse the admins of being evil dictators :D

Only half serious with this post before paranoid people get on my case, though it's an interesting topic. Perhaps a few people could earn it through contributions or contests somewhere down the line when we know where we're going a bit better.

R

Rui said:
Perhaps more of a supreme award for Aion. Then everyone can moan about favouritism and accuse the admins of being evil dictators :D

Only half serious with this post before paranoid people get on my case, though it's an interesting topic. Perhaps a few people could earn it through contributions or contests somewhere down the line when we know where we're going a bit better.

R

I'd like to put my own title in the place of whichever character is currently below my name. I want to put "Silence" there instead. :(

Aion said:
I'd like to put my own title in the place of whichever character is currently below my name. I want to put "Silence" there instead. :(

*mental image of Ackhmed the dead terrorist ventriloquist act and his favourite quotes*

"SILENCE" shortly followed by "I.....KILL....YOUUUUUU" :lol:

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
But then it's possible that the new peeps would spam until they got that 1000 post count milestone... =P
*facepalm* Very Good point.

Good idea from Rui tho. Will also promote people to get more involved in the forum.

You'll have to forgive Spyro for attempting to copy me and become hated. He's watched me picking on Ryo.

I wouldn't worry about getting spellings wrong/type the wrong word because you're dyslexic when I do it just because of...err, idiocy? **** knows.

On topic: No-one really gives a toss either way, as shown by the 50/50 poll outcome. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back