• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't make any difference at all to me. They don't show anything really and they're quite pointless; I voted no, I don't want post counts to be visible..

Btw, I think there maybe some misunderstanding for some (I had to stop and think for a minute)- The thread title is "Should post counts be gone?" so I was about to click yes.. Then realised the poll question is the opposite :p

I clicked yes, but then changed my my mind, so consider that one vote null and void. I think something could be done about the ranks to make them a little more interesting than anime character names though.

However, since we have dates showing when we joined, i guess there's no need for the post counts at all.

I say keep the post counts cause the ranks are cool.

No one really moans about them, I dont see it being a problem. I see this as unneeded change.

It's not broken. Dont fix it.

Gahhh! I voted "no" before to the question "Should the post counts be visible?" but now it's changed around so my vote should be "yes" instead :x

Yagami said:
They don't make any difference at all to me. They don't show anything really and they're quite pointless; I voted no, I don't want post counts to be visible..

Btw, I think there maybe some misunderstanding for some (I had to stop and think for a minute)- The thread title is "Should post counts be gone?" so I was about to click yes.. Then realised the poll question is the opposite :p

I was editing this poll, my apologies. just cast your vote in the post. I'll make sure to check the posts as well.

No, absolutely not. They show how much one has contributed to the forum and it wouldn't feel right not having them. The forum games idiocy should be ended, but as the newly appointed admin seems to be one of the main abusers of that forum's easy post count building, that's clearly not going to happen. So, at least remove post counts for that forum. Posting the next number in a counting sequence or naming the same character over and over in a mindless word game should not count as posts, for crying out loud!

Isn't the main problem with Post Count is... that it counts in a section that doesn't contribute to anything (i.e. in CG's defense; the Forum Game Section).

Whilst I don't want it ridding of, I think Post Count should be disabled in the Forum Game section. Besides, people love it and if that's the case, it should stay.

But ridding post counts? Sure, it's just a number to me.

ilmaestro said:
I think post counts/join dates have their place, and some value for different reasons, so I voted yes.
I'm sorry. I was half asleep when I made this topic. I understand that by yes, you want us to keep the post counts. I've made a mistake in my original post and I ended up with a question on the title and a completely different one in poll.

I apologize for that.

OT: what might be causing on this topic is the fact I didn't make it completely clear why I mentioned to remove the post counts is that because people post on the to increase their post counts for a better rank.

If we remove the game forums, people will start to post any crap at the anime and news forums and this will annoy everyone. I can see that happening as I talk from my own experience that I did tried to increase my post count to find out what the ranks are.

In summary, I don't see the game forums going away without the post counts going away as well. The extra work for moderators would be more than we would want.

I would say no to the post counts, as they have no partucular value to them. However, I would be torn a bit because of loosing the ranks as they're a nice little gimmick.

What about having personal ranks/titles? Something that we can alter at out own disgression, since we all will change our opinions in different points of our lives (short term + long term). Maybe some of us wanted to start off being "Champion of Britain" but later wanted to be "Last Man Standing" and such.

That way, we can keep the titles, but lose the greed that comes from people's attachments to pointless post counts.
That's how I see it, but I've never understood why they're so valued like money, since they have no use to get anything etc.

I don't really give a toss either way. I voted yes because it'd be nice to know when I hit 2000, but it's not exactly something I care deeply about.

This forum is pretty much dead, so spamming isn't an issue -- we don't have any spammers at present. Most people remove post counts to defeat spammers. Spammers usually go for active forums; not dead ones, so this forum is safe on that front.

Aion said:
I don't really give a toss either way. I voted yes because it'd be nice to know when I hit 2000, but it's not exactly something I care deeply about.

This forum is pretty much dead, so spamming isn't an issue -- we don't have any spammers at present. Most people remove post counts to defeat spammers. Spammers usually go for active forums; not dead ones, so this forum is safe on that front.

it's hardly dead compaired to the UK Anime forum

Keep them...they're totally harmless. Some people will still post rubbish with or without them, so I don't see any specific benefit of ditching them.

I'm fairly indifferent, but they're an established forum trend. There's not much point in removing them ultimately. I suppose they could spark elitism, but I've never bought into that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back