Should i finish Rahxephon?

Ark said:
What you're saying is that one appealed to you more. That's your personal preference. What I'm disputing is the suggestion that Rah achieved something that Eva was trying to achieve but failed to. I don't know how anyone could see both shows and conclude that.

I see. I think you were reading a lot more than it actually was there.

What I'm suggesting is that both being TV series are trying to entertain the audience, that said, Rahxephon fully accomplished this goal to me, while Eva stopped being fun on the last couple episodes - if not for the end of Evangelion I would not have rated it so high and what's the end of Evangelion anyway? An action packed anime film.

Ah, just found this post. Not sure if you're still watching this or not.

I felt the same after the first 3 volumes. I enjoyed the first few episodes and then it really seemed to become slow and tedious with nothing much happening but I think I understand why now.

Anyway, I'm up to about episode 20 and have really got into it now. I'm enjoying it. From about voume 4 onwards, it started to pick up and if you carry on watching, you can kinda understand why it started so slow.

I'd say give it a go again, give it a chance.

I know i should but its SO CONFUSING!!!!!

Whos is that girl in the yellow dress?

Why does she take some huge thing from Ayatos mouth?

And what in the name of **** do people see in these confusing-as-hell mecha shows?

sanji no 1 said:
I know i should but its SO CONFUSING!!!!!

Whos is that girl in the yellow dress?
Reika Mishima/ Ixtlo Ayato's delusion of what he really wants ie Haruka Shitow
sanji no 1 said:
Why does she take some huge thing from Ayatos mouth?
It's symbolic of the even bigger thing that is in the Xephon's mouth, removing it in the dream world allows him to remove it in the real world
sanji no 1 said:
And what in the name of **** do people see in these confusing-as-hell mecha shows?
The same thing as people see in Moe shows. It's personal preference. As odd as it may sound coming from Rahxephon's biggest fanboy, if you aren't enjoying it don't watch it. I don't see the appeal of moe shows but a lot of people do. They are welcome to their shows and I'll keep my mecha. [/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Very diplomatic of you, hopeful.
I believe ADV's recent reshuffling has resulted in the thinpak release being quite cheap over here, for better or for worse. I 'may' obtain it within the next couple of days. At such prices, my criticisms of the show become less important.

If you keep watching the series till the end then a lot of these things are cleared up.

That being said, I think to fully appreciate this series, a second viewing is in order at some point down the line.

It was an enjoyable series but after first viewing, I'd give it a 7/10.

I'll be watching this in the next few days, I think I watched up to episode 10 or something well over a year ago in Japanese, this time I think I'll be watching this dubbed unless one of the above posters would say to watch it subbed instead? I expect good things though, so hopefully it provides, I love BONES. (Except for Brotherhood.)

Lupus said:
I'll be watching this in the next few days, I think I watched up to episode 10 or something well over a year ago in Japanese, this time I think I'll be watching this dubbed unless one of the above posters would say to watch it subbed instead? I expect good things though, so hopefully it provides, I love BONES. (Except for Brotherhood.)
This is one of the rare series that is improved by the dub. Mainly as you can pick up on alot of the audio clues rather than just the visual ones. The VA's nail emotions and subtext of the characters and plot twists.

hopeful_monster said:
Lupus said:
This is one of the rare series that is improved by the dub. Mainly as you can pick up on alot of the audio clues rather than just the visual ones. The VA's nail emotions and subtext of the characters and plot twists.

I agree with this i quite enjoyed the dub, and i didn't want to kill Ayato's VA like i wanted to strangle Spike Spencer for his Shinji (but then again maybe that was i just wanted to kill Shinji)

Although speaking of the soundtrack i wonder if its possible to still get it

The dub was fine to me.

Now that I've finished the series, I'll probably give the motion picture a try tonight. I definately feel like I have to watch the series a second time around.

BlackWolf said:
Although speaking of the soundtrack i wonder if its possible to still get it
The sound track is suprising easy to get hold of, many copies on ebay, and the MVM stall generally has one of the 4 CD's availible.
Aion said:
Nah man, Evangelion is deeper. If Rahxephon is a puddle, Evangelion is a pond.
Mabe, but no one asked about that.

Aion said:
Anyone who calls Eva deep is a bit of a tit, hence the whole puddle/pond thing. Sarcasm is lost on some.
we really need a symbol or sign for sarcasm, it's used so often in the spoken language, but it's almost impossible to use in the written language clearly

Back